Gooseneck with a single dually axle?

/ Gooseneck with a single dually axle? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Benn looking for a smaller trailer, browsing Craigslist, and seen a 26' gn trailer that has a single dually axle.

Anyone ever see one like that? I never have. Looks like a PITA to get load balanced right.

It almost looks like a typical 24k trailer with the front axle removed, but the gn hitch don't look beefy enough. Looks like a 14-16k gn hitch.

Not really interested in the trailer, just curious. Funny the guy says " will haul 24k no problem".......

Not with a single axle it won't.

/ Gooseneck with a single dually axle? #3  
Hard to tell much from his pictures:

00000_dkvwtdMqfqP_600x450.jpg

00A0A_6dQ7aOUiIm2_600x450.jpg

00J0J_3MnjqPSh3cs_600x450.jpg

00k0k_hu5GkM5tIIR_600x450.jpg

/ Gooseneck with a single dually axle?
I think the second pic is most telling. The whole hitch part looks smaller. And that they are clear out at the edges of the trailer and not where the center beams would "normally" be.

But in either case....its a single dually axle. Never seen one....new, used, or homemade like that until now.

And being a 26'9" trailer....load balancing looks to be a PITA.

And the comment the guy has that says "it will haul 20-24k and more".......not on a single 12k axle it wont.

/ Gooseneck with a single dually axle? #5  
I think the second pic is most telling. The whole hitch part looks smaller. And that they are clear out at the edges of the trailer and not where the center beams would "normally" be.

But in either case....its a single dually axle. Never seen one....new, used, or homemade like that until now.

And being a 26'9" trailer....load balancing looks to be a PITA.

And the comment the guy has that says "it will haul 20-24k and more".......not on a single 12k axle it wont.

You know you want it.

You know you want it.

No. Actually looking for something smaller. Well....actually looking for two trailers.
1. 6' wide landscape trailer. Could be anythign from 10' long and single axle to 18' two axle. Something light to tow my 61" ZTR on, and to take if I buy a blade or disc or other implement that is a good distance away. Its kinda silly towing a 24K GN 2 hours away to pick up a 6' disc:mur:

2: Would like to find a 22-24' equip trailer, 10k-14k. Could be a GN or BP. But 4 tires and tandem axles. Would be more economical towing tractors on it rather than the 24K GN. But cannot part with the 24k trailer either though, cause there are times when I need the capacity.

/ Gooseneck with a single dually axle? #7  
That looks like an old trailer but i agree, the tongue just doesn't look heavy enough!

I swear ppl post stuff on cl just to see what kind of interest they get or what they can get away with. That or they have absolutely no idea what in the world they are talking about and don't realize it. I especially like when they advertise a 25.9 gvw trailer and state its "under cdl" or that they have an x ton capacity dump truck but they have hauled 1.5X tons. Yeah go ahead and warn me to walk away before I even make contact!

I'm in the same situation as you though. I have a 14.5k GN but I would like to get a 24k-28k trailer for some bigger things I would like to move around.

That looks like an old trailer but i agree, the tongue just doesn't look heavy enough!

Tongue looks pleanty heavy considering its a 12k trailer (single axle). But certainly no where near a 24k rating IMO. Which makes me think the trailer was made like that vs just having the front axle removed?

/ Gooseneck with a single dually axle? #9  
Tongue looks pleanty heavy considering its a 12k trailer (single axle). But certainly no where near a 24k rating IMO. Which makes me think the trailer was made like that vs just having the front axle removed?

well not heavy enough for 24k is what I meant. If it was factory 12k trailer ,it would work just fine I would think.

/ Gooseneck with a single dually axle? #10  
How do we know it is a 12k axle? Hard to tell from the pics but those tires look big like 22.5's. Semi trailer axles can be good for 20k per axle. My 53' spread has two spread axles and I can scale 40k on the trailer axles.

Load balancing really isn't much different regardless of the number of axles. If you place a load on that trailer and weigh the weight on the tires and tongue and then replaced the single axle with a tandem setup centered where the single axle was your weight on the tires and tongue will be very close to the same.