Gooseberry Pie.

/ Gooseberry Pie. #11  
Rhubarb is something II truly miss about the North. Little else. I prefer mine on the tart side, but even then it needs a bit of sugar.

May have to find my way over to Mineola and try some of that Gooseberry. Yum!

/ Gooseberry Pie. #12  
No body in the family has tried a gooseberry pie since my Grandmother died about forty years ago. All the kids still make her gooseberry jello for the holidays.

One of the sisters did a raspberry rhubarb pie. And I tried making Grandmas caramel apple pie, this Thanks Giving. It was a good enough apple pie. But it definitely didn’t form much of the caramel..

My sisters tried getting both Grandma, and my mom, to write down the recipes before they died, but it never happened. So, we are trying to recover the recipes, from memories of watching them cook.

I can get close on most of the recipes, but the caramel things keep evading me. It would help if I wasn’t diabetic, and could experiment more.. but, I think just looking at one of them would spike my blood sugar.

/ Gooseberry Pie.
Rhubarb is something II truly miss about the North. Little else. I prefer mine on the tart side, but even then it needs a bit of sugar.

May have to find my way over to Mineola and try some of that Gooseberry. Yum!
You are welcome anytime but you may want to wait for a couple more versions. 😂 It is a good pie though just not quite the way my neighbor could make them. Funny thing is my wife actually got to know them and had a chance to try her pie but was not interested when she was young. It was strange to her back then.

/ Gooseberry Pie. #14  
My mom love rhubarb pie, i was ok with it, but liked it a little tart. Goose berry is pretty good though. Blackberries around here are pretty good and make a good pie as well. Then of course apple pie, cherry pie, and.... i guess i like pie.:sneaky:

/ Gooseberry Pie. #15  
I don't think you should try it. It might be awful :oops:
Let me try it for you :D

/ Gooseberry Pie. #16  
Blackberries around here are pretty good and make a good pie as well.
I spent a couple years in the PNW in the mid 70s and I was amazed at how many blackberries there were, even in the suburban area where I lived. Every vacant lot was full of them...so thick that you could fill a pail without moving much. Nothing like that around here, we have them but nowhere near that abundant.

/ Gooseberry Pie. #17  
I remember as a kid my dad had me help him pick gooseberries and elderberries. No pie though. He made wine out of them.

/ Gooseberry Pie. #18  
I spent a couple years in the PNW in the mid 70s and I was amazed at how many blackberries there were, even in the suburban area where I lived. Every vacant lot was full of them...so thick that you could fill a pail without moving much. Nothing like that around here, we have them but nowhere near that abundant.
Technically it is illegal for the plant and seed companies to ship raspberries or blackberries to Idaho, because in some areas of he state they readily become nuisance weeds.

/ Gooseberry Pie. #19  
LOVE Gooseberries but I have only eaten them is other countries like India and Colombia. I have never seen them in the US.
Pie looks delicious!