Good walk behind mower

/ Good walk behind mower #1  
Tractor
JD 2032R
I'm looking for a good walk behind mower to cut about 1/4 acre. What's the best brand out there?

/ Good walk behind mower #2  
I'd say a Orec built machine.
orec7723.jpg

/ Good walk behind mower #3  
The "best" one is the one that works for you. Are you looking at battery powered or gas powered ?

Richard

/ Good walk behind mower #4  
I've had a troy-built walk behind mower for years without any trouble.

/ Good walk behind mower #5  
I just obtained my late father in-law's Toro personal pace mower. He used it for probably 10 years. Mowed 1/3 acre every other day until he was 90-91 years old. I mowed it once in a while when he wasn't feeling well. Then they got a lawn service and he passed away about 2.5 years ago. So it sat in their shed unused for 4.5 years. I ran it out of gas when I put it in his shed and that's all I did to it.

I brought it home last weekend, checked the oil, put gas in it, and honest to goodness it started on the 1st pull.

I really like the personal pace feature. It self-adjusts instantly to your walking speed. You just hold the engine kill bar down, rest your hands on the handle and start walking. It takes off on its own. Slow, fast, doesn't matter. You feel nearly no resistance. It's like going for a walk.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Good walk behind mower #6  
Have had several Snapper mowers , been great machines but like everything these days they are getting Pricey.

/ Good walk behind mower #7  
BCS

/ Good walk behind mower #8  
Just gonna mention.
I have eight walk behind mowers of various brands we've accumulated over the years. Two decades ago you could buy a push mower for under a hundred dollars ..... Now they are several hundred.
A couple years ago I bought the "new to the market" Yardmax 20".
You know ...... the Chinese specials with the motor that has the carb with all the plastic components. I bought it because it was on sale just for giggles.
Well ...... Turns out the machine has been remarkably durable for mowing the ditches & the heavy weeds. It will not stall like many of the others.
I've been very surprised and would buy another if I saw another "sale".