Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,213  
Just like wngsprd this AM. 55 going to 71. Yesterday it never really rained, and the sun never showed up. Those conditions -cloudy, prevented me from doing any grass work. Today does not look any better for that job. I'll need to find something else to do today. Maybe it will dry up later. In any case, its not sunny and dry.

I may go tear down some walls on an outbuilding and reclaim the lumber. The "barn" wood will makes its way into the Milk House which has come to a screeching halt work wise. Too much other stuff and noise going on to get back to it.

Hope all have a great w/e. Be safe.

Oh, getting notified from multiple sources now on infrastructure upgrades (substations, lines, ROW's) coming to our area. I need to get detailed info on a new ROW or possible expansion. A 36 mile project to feed a neighboring counties data center needs. If it goes where I think it may go, looks like we will be shopping for a new home. Too bad. There is too much money involved to stop it, like some of my neighbors state they will do. Funny how this stuff gets made public after the fact. Not really funny, lack of transparency and inter-county cooperation.

Yeah...disappointed it did not show up on the radar a lot earlier. But then 30 minutes up the road it is a different world. What used to be farms is now 1,000's of homes, shopping centers and over 30 data center projects. That project means more than one building. That county has made national news as the "data center capital of the world". One environmental analyst put together a report showing how many buildings those project sites could by zoning amass. In the report they noted one project at a time was presented to the county. No one had realized it was 30 projects until it was too late. Right..../snark. Transparency in government, again.

In any case, the burden to support energy to that county looks like it will come through my neighborhood.

I have become a NIMBY advocate, but reality is such that growth will not stop.

Time to prepare for alternate plans. Maybe we should sell and move into my FIL. That's a riot.

It's a done deal. I see it under the power conglomerates web sites. It's a massive "upgrade"....looks like hundreds of millions of dollars. I just need to find out exactly where the new ROW will be. What direction it takes.
I hate to joke about it, but I would hate it more if they ran it thru the milkhouse after you did all the work. Maybe your daughter had the right idea about moving to Montana. TxDon has some sage advice. The hwy dept is starting to plan a loop around our town. They have 4 different route possibilities. 1 goes thru one end of our land. I've worried about this for years. I don't lose sleep over it....but I would like to know how they compensate if they take your land (not just pipeline or overhead wire)??? There is no land equivalent to this available, with similar parameters nearby. Pond, paved roads, 3 minutes to town. Should'nt they pay you to buy an equivalent property, and the hassles of acquiring and moving???

Rip, Mom had 4 ROW (pipelines) come through her land. Never take the first offer, come back with a high amount, they will reduce it to their limited amount which sometime can be twice as much as their first offer. Make sure you let them know they are reducing the value of the entire parcel of land and you expect to be compensated. Lawyers will want to get involved and get their share but I never used them.

Will it be overhead power lines or a buried line?
Thanks for sharing.
Where was that theater?

Replacing two existing 500kw lines. Adding a third with the new ROW. I think the twin towers are 120 feet tall. The plan looks like it calls for what they say is a mono-pole.
Lawyers...lol. I have been engaged with them for literally years. Various issues.
I need some shark repellant or a different body of water to swim in.
Prayers you get your dealings finited, and the crook trying to steal your dad's place put in jail.

morning all, 56 going up to 66 and sunny, rain has stopped for a few days.
Kids had fun at prom.
We hung out with GF parents for a few hours and that was fun too.
Be well,
View attachment 863405
Son cleans up nicely! And GF is beautiful. Have y'all known the GF's family long?

Putting K46 tranny back together....finally.

Drew get better FAST!

Bupps, you get some sleep? Hope so.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,214  
53F with a little sun amongst the clouds @ 15:00, which is higher than the 49F high they were calling for.

The low tonight is supposed to be 35F and the weather guessers are talking about the possibility of frost. Woman is talking about needing to cover the peach tree ... :rolleyes:

Probably move The Woman's plants and redbud seedlings back inside for the night.

That will probably be the only work that occurs outside today ... if it even happens.

Got the three 2' LED lights mounted and hooked up in the little greenhouse last night:

IMG_3182 copy.jpg

Worked out pretty good.

Lights are set on a timer to run about 16 hours a day. Lights probably do not have the correct spectrum for plants, but I'm hoping that between the artificial and natural sun light it will work.

Left the front door closed overnight to keep The Squeak out of it, was very warm and humid inside by the time I checked it out today. Will leave the front door open for now to get some air in there and let it air out for a bit.

Need to get some small S hooks so I can lower the lights a little closer to the seedlings so they don't get leggy.

The only thing that got watered last night was the marigolds ... everything else was moist enough.

No further action on redbud germination.

Amazon reports Woman's new garden tool is up in our mailbox so need to go up and collect that.

Also need to fill out Menards rebate form and get that submission put in the mail while I'm at it.

Need to dole out another round of meds for the next week.

Beyond that the only other thing on my agenda is head up to the shop, get a fire going to heat it up and burn some of the crap/scrap up there, do some work on fixing the live trap.

The trigger plate that the animal steps on was made out of very thin metal (aluminum ?) and the rod that closes the door got bent up very badly, tearing out it's hole in the plate.

So I'll look for a heftier piece of sheetmetal that I can fab up to replace it.

Also need the vise to straighten out the actuator rod.

Plus I'm sure there is plenty of cleaning and straightening up that needs done up there.

Hope everyone is having a decent Saturday ... (y)

And hope Drew feels better soon.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,216  
Here is what CIC Sam Houston (General of the Texan forces) wrote just before the battle of San Jacinto. Not many realize the watershed event this was for all of America. The battle was on April 21, 1836 tomorrow is the 188th anniversary.

My favorite part in bold.

April 19, 1836: Santa Anna sets up camp in a marshy area bordered by the San Jacinto River, Buffalo Bayou and a lake. The flooring from Isaac Batterson's home (Galena Park area) is used to build rafts to ferry the Texan army and supplies across the rain-swollen Buffalo Bayou. The crossing takes all day. Once across, they began their march toward Lynch's Ferry (present day Lynchburg Ferry located next to San Jacinto Battle Field). The army marches until 2 a.m., and were within 2 1/2 miles of Lynch's Ferry where Houston sets up camp...near Santa Anna.
Sam Houston takes these notes:
"Camp at Harrisburgh
19th April 1836
This morning we are in preparation to meet Sant Ana. It is the only chance of saving Texas. From time to time I have looked for re-inforcements in vain. The Convention adjourning to Harrisburgh struck panic throughout the country. Texas could have started at least 4000 men; we will only have about 700 to march with beside the Camp Guard. We
go to conquer. It is wisdom growing out of necessity to meet and fight the enemy now. Every consideration enforces it. No previous occasion would justify it. The troops are in fine spirits, and now is the time for action.
My Adjt Genl Wharton, Inspr Genl Hockley, Aid de Camp Horton,
W.H. Patton, Collingsworth
Volunteer Aid Perry
Maj. Cook Asst Inspr Genl will be with me.
We will use our best efforts to fight
the enemy to such advantage, as will insure victory, tho’ the odds is greatly against us. I leave the result in the hands of a wise God and rely upon his Providence.
My country will do justice to those
who serve her. The rights for which we fight will be secured, and Texas Free.

Sam Houston
Comr in Chief
Col. Rusk is in the field.
~Houston"

/ Good morning!!!! #189,219  
The hwy dept is starting to plan a loop around our town. They have 4 different route possibilities. 1 goes thru one end of our land. I've worried about this for years. I don't lose sleep over it....but I would like to know how they compensate if they take your land (not just pipeline or overhead wire)??? There is no land equivalent to this available, with similar parameters nearby. Pond, paved roads, 3 minutes to town. Should'nt they pay you to buy an equivalent property, and the hassles of acquiring and moving???
They will only do what is required by law to do in eminent domaine cases. LAW: (1.) eminent domain must be used for "public use (such as a road) and (2.) the government must pay you "just compensation".
The "just compensation" is the problem, there is no rule for allowing you to buy comparable land or help with moving expenses - unless the road goes right over your house. The good news is that you will own prime real estate on the main artery between Houston and Austin. Make sure to attend any public hearings.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,220  
Good (Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 4.6C and it's presently 5.7C (heading to a predicted 19C), calm & clear.

Last evenings meeting was very successful and was concluded by 2140, home by 2200 and practically 'straight to bed'.

As per usual, I'm off to Church in a half hour and then the rest of the day is His.

That's about it, take care all.