Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,201  
Good Morning Mike,
I just need to find out exactly where the new ROW will be. What direction it takes.
My grandfather had a small dairy farm in the Catskills, Ny and back in the late 30’s or early 40’s ! The power company wanted a ROW through part of his property for the large overhead power lines. They were far enough away from where his house and barn were that it really didn’t affect him ! Like others have said, wait and see what they want and how much they are willing to pay ! Also where exactly the proposed ROW will be ! Best of luck on all of this ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #189,202  
not a good morning
woke up awfully sick, no fever and neg for alligators, but geez,
sweats, chills, diarrhea, constant nausea
back to bed

didn't someone else just have this?
oh well, I rarely get sick, my turn
Hope you can shake that pretty quick.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,203  
Hope you can shake that pretty quick.
thanks to all.
doc said it was likely GI bug, gosh you sure don't feel good, very dizzy.
brewed some ginger tea which is helping.
was told it would be gone likely tomorrow.
headed back to bed

good thing. I've been invited over my old family farm Sunday afternoon and now I'm told multiple neighbors will be joining in.
They all want to hear the history of the farm, and that I can do pretty well. Just hope I feel better.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,204  
I have become a NIMBY
Everybody is a NIMBY in the right circumstances. Hope the situation turns out to be better than you think it will be.

I was driving through the Hill Country a couple days ago and realized that off to my left was a stretch of land where a pipeline went through about 6 years ago. Some landowners in the path of it were decendents of a very well known family. They made a big swalk about the pipeline going through their property and how terrible it would be and that lawsuits were going to start flying. They were going to 'make' the pipeline company re-route it around them.

When all this was happening at the time, I ran into the family member who had been appointed to handle the matter in a courthouse one day. She started talking about their fight with the pipeline and asking for my opinion on their position since I have done some work on ROW's and issues with condemnation processes and landowner rights. After listening to her repeat the rehersed public comsumption version of their story I politely told her that we both knew the pipeline was not going to change course and the only real issue is how the pipeline company restores the landowners property and how much the landowner is compensated.

She got very quiet, looked me in the eye and said, Yep, nodded and walked away. Today you cannot see any evidence of that pipeline on that property which I saw being put in 6 years ago.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,205  
Rip, Mom had 4 ROW (pipelines) come through her land. Never take the first offer, come back with a high amount, they will reduce it to their limited amount which sometime can be twice as much as their first offer. Make sure you let them know they are reducing the value of the entire parcel of land and you expect to be compensated. Lawyers will want to get involved and get their share but I never used them.

Will it be overhead power lines or a buried line?
Replacing two existing 500kw lines. Adding a third with the new ROW. I think the twin towers are 120 feet tall. The plan looks like it calls for what they say is a mono-pole.
Lawyers...lol. I have been engaged with them for literally years. Various issues.
I need some shark repellant or a different body of water to swim in.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,206  
morning all, 56 going up to 66 and sunny, rain has stopped for a few days.
Kids had fun at prom.
We hung out with GF parents for a few hours and that was fun too.

Today, time to plant tree and see about cleaning up some more of the ever growing grass, vines and brambles.

BEF - WV - nice property, we wish you the best getting the contracts and selling the other property. Might need ear plugs at hen party :cool:

Drew - feel better, lots of people sick around here,

RIP - sorry to hear about the ROW. Gov at work and many get to retire on these projects :-( hope it has little impact where you are.

Be well,
20240419_165207.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,207  
Good Saturday Morning!

Little cloudy and threatening to rain with temps in the low 70'sF today.

Looks like my work schedule is filling up from May-December this year. Sounds like fun. So much for retirement.

Hope everyone has a great day - safe and healthy, well fed and prosperous. Prayers for Our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,209  
Imagine being the only guy present at a giant hen party. 😂. Actually a ladies event at church, and I’m the technical guy.
Could be wonderful, or awful, depending on perspective and available prospects I guess. :)