Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,131  
Back home from a long trip to the VA lot to mow. What a pretty day. Was greeted at the lot by 6 deer and a turkey. Deer finally moved when I drove in on the grass.View attachment 863143

After mowing, I asked my wife if she really wanted to give up this park like lot for the woods in WV. We have a tough decision to make. So many pros and cons both ways. One neighbor guy drove up and stopped to chat a couple minutes before we left. The neighbors sure do keep an eye on things up this private shared drive. The drive itself is in pretty good shape, The neighbor behind me seems to be the one keeping it up .
The 4 hrs to get there is the big factor, didn't pull into the lot until after 2 pm. Wife said I started mowing about 2:30 and was pulling out by 4:45. As it got dark on the way home, I found out my tail lights were not working. Rode my brakes at times to alert cars behind me. Managed to get home without getting stopped. Will unload in the morning.

Without the leaves on, there is a nice mountain view to the north in this picture. Also nice view to the south.
The restrictions on not building anything until a home permit is done, would make my mind up.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,133  
The restrictions on not building anything until a home permit is done, would make my mind up.
That is definitely part of the decision. so easy to build in WV, Get a basic permit and do what you want, don't think they even have inspections. In VA it will be latest code and many inspections and fees. I will build to code in either case. VA lot with a house on it will probably appreciate more.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,135  
Hopefully this may help someone:
A few years ago I woke up sore all over, barely could walk and very weak. I went to a local walk in clinic asking they draw blood for tick disease. Doctor argued with me saying I don't have it. My reply was draw blood or call the cops...I'm not leaving until they draw blood (now, how I said/asked for that I'll never know!). So they draw blood, I go home weak as a kitten.
Two days later Dr. calls me...very snarky..."Well I was right, you don't have tick disease". Later phone rings...it's the Doctor, now very sheepish..."Well, uh, this just came in, you ARE POSITIVE for RMSF (rocky mountain spotted tick fever). I said call in a prescription for Doxycycline N.O.W.!!!
I took it, felt better in a couple days.
So I pulled a tick off my leg a few days ago and yesterday take wife to Walmart. Same thing...unbelievably weak. There happened to be a clinic close by. They took me right away (luckily no other patients). That lady doctor was very nice and prescribed Doxycycline right away. This time tested positive for Lyme disease!
So far, second antibiotic (100mg 2/day) I feel better.
Bottom line is know your body. If you feel something isn't right...get checked out!
We had a mild winter here in S. Virginia and I knew it was going to be bad for ticks. I also learned it's very important to have spouse check me & I check her for ticks at least every day!
Checking each other like monkeys ~ lol Stay safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,136  
That is definitely part of the decision. so easy to build in WV, Get a basic permit and do what you want, don't think they even have inspections. In VA it will be latest code and many inspections and fees. I will build to code in either case. VA lot with a house on it will probably appreciate more.
You could buy the WVa lot and keep them both while you decide.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,139  
Good Morning Folks,
it's 45 min until Friday for me, but many of you are already there.

looks like the hydro line clearing people made a mess on my property AGAIN this month, as they cut down trees / brush under the power lines (I was not home I guess). They just cut and left everything - 100s of trees ... anyways, they had agreed to chip it all up, or drag it out, but did neither. So there is now a massive cut of fallen trees / brush drying out - just in time to be wildfire fuel. :( not impressed, and I doubt that I can get them to return (very busy) - they did it the easy way...
- it's a good thing that I have a grapple, because I think that that will be very handy for the clean-up of everything that I can reasonably get to, and then burn. I don't have a chipper - yet. I will be keeping track of my hours, give or take 20 -25 hrs I guess. That will be an adventure when I find the time to do it.
- a few more weeks of tax season, and then a trip to see the grandsons and their parents, and then I'll get to the outside work :)

in other news ... it has been a sad, confusing, conflicted, numb, time for me - but after 2.5 yrs of Separation, my estranged wife has finally, Finally, FINALLY connected with her lawyer, so that a rescheduled meeting can be planned. This is a baby step in moving forward from my life-in-limbo. She has started to plan a move out (currently lives in the rental suite upstairs), so I may then get some of my life back (YAY). My hope is that she has moved away by September, and the details (buyout, finances, divorce etc) can follow after that. I am torn and gutted, but God has a better plan, and I have to Trust Him (Prov 3:5-6, my Life verse). The next chapter will be better, for BOTH of us. Prayers appreciated, this won't be easy, and it won't be quick. I will keep you posted, my expectation is that I will be able to keep the house in the buy-out.

Have a good day everyone, I need a nap ... or coffee

/ Good morning!!!! #189,140  
Got coffee brewing. 50° with rain this morning. Heading to 53° with sun shine. .25" rain so far this morning. Grocery shopping went good. Very few people at store. Freeway exit close to store is closed. Making trip a few miles longer for people to get there. I do not use freeway to get to store. No plans for today yet.
LRJwH2i.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.