Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,692  
Good day !

This 09/04 will be warmest in history of registered observations.
23 C / 74 F.
real summer day

~~~~~~~

We also had fun watching eclipse 😁
ec.jpg

~~~~~~~~~

Drew, to me it seems that for you it will be cheaper / faster to buy ticket to Riga, and get your surgery done here.
I am not joking.
I recently had to remove tooth. 60 €. Now waiting for implant, bone has to "heal" for a while.
Have not official quote, but they was "less than 1k". I told already - fine, I am not in market for cheapest implant, whatever, while it's below k
That is at top-notch clinic

/ Good morning!!!! #188,693  
Good Morning!!!! 44F @ 5:45AM. Sunny. High 76F. NE winds shifting to WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
I didn't bother with the eclipse either. Only 40% here, and I have a ton of pics from another total eclipse only a few years ago.

I got stuck paying "temporary support" for 18 months while my soon-to-be ex drug her feet with the lawyer and court. Don't let that happen to you, SC.

Got several hits on the equipment ads, two from nice guys that actually showed up with cash in hand. Wish it was always that easy. Every ad has the text "will not respond to 'still available' inquiries; if the ad is up, the item is still available". Yet the majority of the inquiries were "is it still available". I suppose that's a good way of weeding out the idiots.

Got two multi-drawer cabinets installed in the garage, but had to move two sets of wall mounted shelves to do so. Also got a wheel reattached on the wood scrap bin, but had to empty it in the process. Good chance to clean out the mouse nests and toss quite a few junk pieces. Got the trailer emptied without bumping my head for a change, but it's really getting crowded in the garage. Was hoping to get more ads up, but today looks like better weather for photography. Anybody looking for a BowFlex or inversion couch?🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #188,694  
Good Morning.
Nice day here in Kansas, nicer day going up to 75 and sunny at home in PA where I’ll be in a few hours.

Can’t wait to get home to all that’s waiting for me, including chores. Last task before I leave is to get something for my grandson from the airport pilot/gift shop. It’s his lucky day, his dad is with me and is going to bring home something as well.

Interesting about fuel prices, we taxied across the airport from the citation service center to a different FBO and saved $3.30 per gallon. Definitely worth the trouble as we took just shy of 600 gallons!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,695  
got home and it was 99 in greenhouse in the sun, yikes, opened it all up to cool off.
much too long dealer visit this morning, but they are very nice. Volvo sales said things were slow.
I've bought three cars from them over 40 years, pretty reliable folks.
I just wish Volvo made a larger suv so my head doesn't bang getting in. That won't happen though.
what I need is a truck size door to go in and that means a full size suv or truck. Which I have been trying to avoid because
unless i'm towing something heavy, why have all that capacity and weight to haul around most of the time for nothing.

I'm wondering if the driver door in a Chrysler Pacifica is larger than normal.
I banged my head, again, on the larger Volvo suv this morning in dealer showroom. It seems to be just a stretched version of mine.
But the opening is the same. I bet the Audi Q7 would be similar.
I need a big door if I'm not going to have to do the limbo getting in

follow ups on teeth are equally exasperating, put on hold for five minutes at another place, came back and at least asked if I wanted to wait
longer, and I said no. So I called the local one, the most convenient one, with the front staff still overwhelmed with phones ringing, but at least this time
she was more pleasant. She asked, you were in yesterday weren't you? Yup. My primary dentist had called her boss afterwards and had a word.
She wasn't pleasant nor was she unpleasant. A real drone you just want to get past. And I'm not sure I'm going to do this anyway.
I might sit on it like I've done before. If it's stupidly expensive now, it will still be stupidly expensive later.

Helo, sorry that Riga is not over in NJ... ;)

in business the person "out front" is really important.
if they should have two people out front and there is only one, understandable why lady there
not in best humor.

but if we constantly accept bad service as ok, it just enables and continues it.

enough of that, I've got green beans to plant on a beautiful day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,696  
68F and "Fair" @ 11:15, day's high temp now revised to 75F from 72F ... (y)

Number of days in the Ten Day forecast with highs in the 70's now up to 5 ... with no days with low's below 40F ... (y)

Got some more mowing done out front - lower part was still way too wet. Will probably hold off on any mowing until tomorrow to give the lawn a chance to dry up a little more.

East peach tree now in bloom:

IMG_3154 copy.jpg

Might actually get a peach or two off of it this year ... (y)

Then hauled dump cart over to the west side so Woman could finish picking up the last of the sticks and branches which She volunteered to help on.

After that I switched to mowing the back, east, and west sides. Got most of that done.

Collected up a bunch of redbud seed pods while I was at it.

Last evening I mixed up 4 gallons of glyphosate, still have another 2 1/2 gallon available which I will use to mix up and store another 2 gallons today.

On agenda for today:

Top off front axle with gear oil and hydraulic fluid in Kubota.

Take Kubota up and get a bucket load of screened topsoil and refill totes down here at the house.

Very tempting to start filling more pots with soil and start planting more seeds like squash and pumpkins ... but with the average last frost still at least 20 days away ain't gonna do it.

Refill sprayer with glyphosate and spray around trees in front yard that don't have anything planted around them.

Take mower jack out of storage and put it back together.

Clean off underside of deck on Cub.

Move old steel saw horses down from the shop in preparation to start debarking posts.

May go ahead bring over the cedar and black locust logs I have sitting by the barn.

Pretty happy with how the lawn is doing after the fertilizing and soil amendments over the last couple of years:

IMG_3155.JPG

But need to start thinking about spraying the lawn for weeds, which will require a rehab and replumb of the 3PT sprayer.

See what else comes up.

Hope everyone is having a decent Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,697  
63°F and .68 inches rain.

The big question of the day is- mow or no mow? Looking like it might dry enough.
This was actually a major discussion point amongst the guys yesterday. All sharing the frustration.

I should have been a bit more precise on dental estimate:
Procedures $2317
My share $777

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,699  
RS, looking good.

just finished planting the green beans and the cukes.
gorgeous day outside.
tried to post pics from phone but they were greyed out and kept giving me a fail on does
not recognize format of jpeg. un huh

will just go take a pic with regular camera, I don't have the energy to fool with it.

took all plants out of greenhouse and hope they can now live on top of the utility trailer until planted.
I was moving them around from tray to tray, consolidating the zinnias with each other, marigolds, etc.
Now I can start thinking about planting some of this stuff in the big outdoor pots.

major executive decision to leave center of bush beans open, and to plant marigolds there.
otherwise hard to reach into center of four foot by four foot mass of green, he said optimistically .
I'll plant the flowers later today though first I want to get the vac off the JD lawn mower.
mower becomes a lot smaller and more agile with all that piping and bags off.

I don't think I ever got those super hard blades put on. That's a nice to do, oil just got changed
and now to zip around the zerks. Not. Forces me down on my hands and knees
to get the nozzle on the buried out of sight spindle zerk.
would have much rather them have put it on top of spindle with a right angle fitting.
These zerks are deep under a metal ledge.
I even feed it its special green grease.
only because it was surprisingly competitive to Tractor Supply and it was moly or not moly, whatever
the spec was.
one tube lasts a long time now that I don't have a FEL anymore.
or 83 wheels like Popgadgets giant finishing mower. That looks like a one tuber by itself.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,700  
Did they say why you were suspended?
I violated the "Be nice" rule on their page. I don't recall being on their page, and I doubt I ever said anything that wasn't nice. I'm locked out for a few days.
I'm wondering if someone reported me out of revenge for something that happened on my page I run. Someone the other day reported a post that said "That's a great picture" as Hate Speech. I messaged the person asking them why they thought that was Hate Speech. Every now and then I get someone reporting posts for no good reason, and I believe it is probably someone who doesn't like someone. FB is a convoluted mess with some messed up "Community Standards". Wish there was a better site that served a similar function.