Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,851  
Sorry about no power riptides

46 raining over one inch since midnight still raining wind gusts over 40 mph this afternoon hope this puts all fires out.

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #187,856  
just watched a show on class action suits being filed against Dollar General for deceptive pricing.
Three states are involved and it appears to be spreading.
These stores are specifically situated to provide to the lowest income households and they are apparently often ripped off.
What it says on the shelf is not what the register rings up.
That is called theft by deception in most areas.

and apparently that thievery is quite profitable because they keep building more.
For years I stopped shopping at Harbor Freight I got so annoyed at their even worse deceptive pricing, often three prices
for same thing. Then the Fed stepped in, fined them and made them change their advertising. Now much better and better quality gear too.

Would be nice if Dollar General would do the right thing and fix this.
If you shop there at times, just be sure to check your register tape.

part of the problem might be inadequate staffing needed to keep up with repricing.
easy to change the software program charging folks. Labor and intelligence needed to go find the right shelf
and correct the label. If the help is of low caliber, I can see this happening.
But these class action suits allege something more insidious, more intentional.

raining hard, finishing my coffee before I drive in this over to Doylestown to help my friend with her light switches.
Taking lots of flashlights including my big area Makita light. Can't fix what you can't see and we are turning the lights off...
I'll try not to stand in a puddle... :rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #187,859  
Morning all,
Cloudy precipitation morning here, 27 when I got up and snowing. Had about 8 inches last night. Still coming down as snow/sleet and or rain/sleet the accumulated amount has shrunk by an inch so far this morning so likely getting quite soggy. Calling for chilly weather the next couple of nights down into the low teens. Precipitation of some type till late afternoon or this evening. So not sure just what I'll do, may run the back blade backwards and try to squeegee some of this stuff off the side or curl the bucket back a bit and push some off that way.
May wait till tomorrow to do anything and just use the tractor to go down and get yesterdays mail and a couple of packages.
Everyone stay or get well.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,860  
29 going to 58. I've been burning the woodstove all week. Usually would have been done with that by this point in the year. Forest fire in Shenandoah caused the closure of the Skyline Drive and nearby hiking trails. I could smell a little smoke a few times during the day, but not bad.

So, decided to go back in the woods and cut some firewood before the big rain softens the ground again. Had one dead oak in mind, but in exploring I found another dead oak that I had flagged a while back and forgotten. Harder to cut and not near the woods path, so decided to do it first.

Saw a little rot at the ground, but turned out to be badly infested with termites, and so when it was time to fall, it twisted and took a slightly different path down...right on top of another tree. Tried to "walk it down" by cutting a few rounds, but pinched my bar after cutting several rounds. I knew better. Had to drive back across the creek and up the hill to get my chains. Was able to get the tractor close enough to use 2 chains and pull it down, like I should have done from the start. I removed the chainsaw body from the bar first...good thing because the tree fell right on the bar and bent it.

So had to go back and get another old bar...the chain was okay. Finished sawing and brought a big load back. Wife was in town so she picked up a new bar for me...so this was a workout and a $47 lesson.
glad you got to use the old wood for firewood. I hate it when chainsaw bar gets pinched. Keep a 2nd chainsaw just in case.
64°F and 1.35 inches rain.
Happy Birthday to my dear sweet wife and partner, Sophie.

A very different day ahead.

My 24 sheet shredder was delivered late yesterday. Will be putting it through its paces shredding cardboard. Will use as soil amendment.

Afternoon will be spent at Memorial for our Friend Joyce who passed just after Thanksgiving. About 150 expected between 1-6. Potluck. While it will be a joyous celebration, it will be emotional at some point. Then we are on tear down duty.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
Happy Birthday Sophie from Texas!

Gave dad a sneak preview of the picture show for tomorrow. We kept him up past his usual 7 pm bedtime.
I hope y'all have a great 100 year celebration!

Chilly, 51F here. Headed down south to pick up my new to me oven. Hopefully get to ride motorcycles too.

Great couple of days at work with good progress on some things. Free lunch 2 days in a row. Chinese on Thurs, TexMex on Friday.

The border situation is a cluster.

Prayers for our team, our nation, Ukraine and Israel.