Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,641  
Good Morning.
34° and might go up 44. Mostly clear skies and a decent breeze.

Yesterday got the finish on the speakers completed.
IMG_3994.jpg

Got pork shoulders rubbed in the afternoon, and into the smoker when I got home from meeting around 10.
Here is one tray-

IMG_3992.jpg

Today started with breakfast with the professor. Again, we failed to solve any of the worlds problems, but we shared our insights with one another.

Checked on smoker just now, it’s doing fine. Hopefully be ready by early afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,642  
Good Morning! 48F this morning under cloudy skies. The wife went to do some appraisal work and I'm here with the "Tiny Tornado" granddaughter. She sure has a lot of energy and enjoys riding on the lawnmower with me. Not mowing, just riding slowly. We plan to get her wagon out and pick up sticks in the yard after it warms up some. She is a real joy to have around.

Sad to see the big place go, but the guy came along and made me an offer that I couldn’t refuse!
Congratulations on a great price and an easy closing!

Two_bit glad you will get a lot of grandkid time.
Yes, we are enjoying the Tiny Tornado!

40 and breezy this morning high in 50s fire danger thru mid week. Fire burning near Catawba this morning.
I hope you are in no danger Buppies!

Drew, I got deceived at Verizon store years ago. Well, they outright lied to me. This was back in the days when they offered “free upgrades” if you extend your contract I thought I had paid $70 for an upgraded phone. Until the bill came, was over $400 added to bill for the phone. The $70 was for a screen protector and a case that was worth $10.
We switched to T-Mobile two years ago because our son had a 'family' plan that would save us a lot. We don't upgrade often but when we do we get the iPhones directly from Apple. We found out quickly when we were looking at cell phones years ago that it's better to deal with a company owned store than the "authorized retailers"..

picked up my taxes, nothing due
Congratulations! That is great!

Yes, I own my propane tanks in both Vt and Ct, you can switch providers easily and you will get a better price on your fuel ! Also no rental fees !
The only way to go!

It wouldn't budge. Dug at least 2 ft more on the right, 1 ft more on the left, but still couldn't budge it. Looks like I'll have to drill it and let water freeze and crack it. A big chuck of limestone.
Good luck with that rock, BEF. You know once you start on it you might be there a while.

Didn't wear green, either, but never left the house, so who cares?
Exacrly the way I look at it too!

Hope everyone has a very pleasent day as we slip into Spring! Our Mountain Laurels blooms have dropped off but we enjoyed the fragrance while they were blooming. The bluebonnets are thriving so the front yard is very colorful. Had to trim the area back some this year. They will spread out all over if allowed.

Prayers for our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,643  
compromise reached with Verizon store. Manager did not have authority to waive 70 bucks in
fees, not a company store, we both spent twenty minutes on hold while someone in customer service
went over the situation twice, then referred to their boss. What an example of sheer inefficiency
They finally agreed to waive two of the three "initiation" fees and the store manager promised me my next bill would drop
down to expected level.

no matter what, they wouldn't take the Ipad back without its box. So only thing he could do is waive the fees.
It seems like if you ask the company for any service, or a different product, the system has been devised to
charge as many transactional fees as possible. Just like the bank does.
Problem here is the salesman did not disclose the three fees, only one of them. Big no no. Big waste of all our time as I would have said
no thank you originally.

store manager got lectured by this customer service lady for not requesting this again, chewed his butt out for loss of the fees, not a thing they
do regularly, yada yada yada. The two of us looked at each other and just shook our head.

what he did say was interesting. Before I was paying twenty bucks a month for my Mifi for the rv. They dropped that to ten bucks a month and then
charged me ten for unlimited data on the Ipad. So the Ipad has its own internet connection, with unlimited data.
Of course the reality of "unlimited" has always been subject to fine print.
I want to use the Ipad as a secondary nav screen, maybe showing Google Maps on it.

Am looking for a little different presentation and features than garmin rv nav gps.
plus I can drag the route on Google Maps to an alternative highway and it just recalculates.
with rv, you have to put in a waypoint or location even if you aren't stopping there to force
route onto the road you want. Google system much easier for me. But the Garmin will always alarm
if I'm going down a restricted road, which is unlikely.
I'm hoping I can drag the most efficient route over to some byways along the way, and would be nice if little lady giving me directions
actually knew which road I wanted to drive on.

time for lunch and then back downtown for a haircut and food shopping.
sunny out but cold

/ Good morning!!!! #187,644  
Drew, better outcome than expected. You can get tablets with either wifi, or cell service built in. Not sure if ones with cell service also have wifi, i would think they do, then you could run it off the hotspot without paying for another mobile service.

Still only 38 deg out, rip van wrinkle wants lunch. Wife left to go shopping, and will have lunch at the catering place we ate at last week, really good stuff there. She said I can have peanut butter lol. Same as I had yesterday.

Don't think I'll attack the rock for awhile. Need to move stuff away from further down the side of the barn, so I can just go ahead and dig the dirt out and get stone down there also, then set the pallets of junk on the stone. Further down I have stone dust down. The land starts to roll away from the barn, so it will be scrape top soil a little. Might have to build it up some. Will be nice to have a nice flat area along the barn for setting pallets. Course the rain runs off the roof onto it, since I never put gutters on the barn yet.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #187,645  
I'm hoping I can drag the most efficient route over to some byways along the way, and would be nice if little lady giving me directions
actually knew which road I wanted to drive on.
Whch is why I still keep a paper map, yes it's getting old but still useful, with me in the truck.

Glad to hear they saw the light and dropped a lot of the fees. Sounds like you were very persuasive.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,646  
62°F and .31 inches rain.

Mowing roulette continues. Sun trying to peak through so I’m encouraged.

If we can get a couple of hours without showers I’m going for it. Hopefully as schedule for rest of the week isn’t promising.

My lattes are improving. Have evolved to point where Sophie even asks when we are having. Compliment.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #187,647  
Whch is why I still keep a paper map, yes it's getting old but still useful, with me in the truck.

LOL.

A paper map here is outdated and wrong within a month. Even the various maps programs themselves get various levels of confused in this area.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,648  
LOL.

A paper map here is outdated and wrong within a month. Even the various maps programs themselves get various levels of confused in this area.
Depends on what roads you are using I suppose. City streets in new subdivisions yes. But state roads or even county in established areas don't disappear. At least not the last time I looked.

I've been misdirected by all kinds of electronic maps. I have a place where a 'county road' is shown going into my property a long ways, even has a number for the road. There is NO road there. Never has been.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,649  
Depends on what roads you are using I suppose. City streets in new subdivisions yes. But state roads or even county in established areas don't disappear. At least not the last time I looked.

I've been misdirected by all kinds of electronic maps. I have a place where a 'county road' is shown going into my property a long ways, even has a number for the road. There is NO road there. Never has been.
If it shows up on googleMaps you can report it or add in a correction.

It feeds other open sourced markup language map applications too. Most share the same data. LOL.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,650  
Glad to hear they saw the light and dropped a lot of the fees. Sounds like you were very persuasive.
Thanks, I went in with the carrot vs the stick, 50 year customer, here were my original expectations, how can we fix this to
meet them. And he did a reasonable job at it. Too bad they aren't a company store despite huge Verizon sign outside.

lot of running around, glad to be home, food shopping done

still having electronic challenges, bought a new answering machine because incoming calls would not activate answering machine.
New one does exactly the same. Has to be operator error. I turned call screening on and off and no combo when dialing in would do more
than play my message, then disconnect the line. I'll try again later

then I'm trying to copy an imbedded URL of a YT video and it won't copy. Says it's copying but nothing when pasting.

stayed cold today despite sunshine and pretty windy earlier.
cold weather ahead for awhile.

have to go out and water the radishes and lettuce seeds. Need to keep them moist.