Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,591  
Good evening all. 54ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Moderate wind with brisk gusts, stayed overcast, and high temp was 62ºF. Made coffee to start day, helped setup chapel, then stayed for chapel then went to breakfast with my breakfast group. Rest of day nap and conserve energy, did get chicken baked for chalupas, and made to grief share.
Don glad you got more rain, and prospect for more.
Dennis glad nothing bad going on on cc. Glad you got some trimming done. Hope you got bugs under control. Hope you find a satisfactory way to display the genealogy data. Nice pic.
Dennis sorry about the house getting bulldozed.
Two_bit glad you will get a lot of grandkid time.
Ron glad party fun to watch. Hope NASCAR was good. Glad Sassy got her walks. Nice sunrise.
Drew it is a shame that more old buildings are not preserved. Hope laundry went well.
Phil hope sister visit went well. Sorry cough lingering, but getting better slowly. Really awesome project.
Bill hope better weather helps progress.
Buppies have been praying for the remaining spots. prayers sent.
Thomas hope rain ends on time. Enjoy NASCAR.
Scott(vt) interesting house, it is a shames unusable year round.
Billy sorry about the extra loss of fluid. Seems like front axle fluid changes are the pits.
Billy thanks for the pics and the story.
Frits sorry wife had to come out after you to see if you were alright. thanks for showing barn detail.
Drew good to hear transplanting done. Hope you found something interesting.
Paul sorry about ruts. Sorry about pump not starting first time. Progressive looks nice. Hope you got finish on speakers
Ken glad you enjoyed movie. Sorry to hear new owner of FIL house in over his head. Hope cost reduction does not result in loss of house.
David sorry about the wet grass mowing, Glad pizza party fun, Hope potluck was good as well.
RNG hope painting went well, good to Promaster getting it's routine maintenance.
Dennis really sorry to hear so little effort to keep farm and buildings in the family.
Scott(vt) I agree great view.
Don glad more rain at 3AM. No parade here.
Joel congrats on taking course.
Scotty glad unit tested ok. Hope install straight forward.
David sorry no mow.
Dennis seems like it's been while since you led singing, hope it went well.
Don sorry about the rain timing.
Deserteagle I don't feel deprived at all :)
Kyle good luck with install of new stove. Hope K46 works better after clean and fresh oil.
James congrats on new house.
Thomas sorry Mother Nature no cooperating with cleanup plans
Randy(wag)good to hear more rain
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,592  
Coffee taste very good this morning. 26° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 37° with cloudy skies. Winter is back to SE Michigan. Little bit of everything yesterday. Luckily snow did not stick. Helped neighbor get a old Ingersoll lawn tractor running. Should be good for another year. Fun watching NASCAR race. Today going to prep tractors for some limb chipping. Still a large pile of limbs from last falls tree cleanup at several neighbors.
BOvbWFZ.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,593  
Good morning, the low is 27 and it wont move today. wind WNW 14 gusting to 24 mph.40% chance of flurries.
It is snowing now and has been since yesterday. Very fine snow. So far about an inch. Not enough to plow. It is not going to get above freezing all week.

I looked on google earth and I see the family farm is gone. Two log houses, a driving shed and the barn with windmill and gas well, all leveled. That added another 25 acres to my distant cousins' farm.
My grandfather gave up his rights to the farm. The farm put him through university to become a pharmacist. I had told the oldest remaining cousin (Jean) that I had no interest in it and that since the other cousin (Sam) was working all the rest of the land (200 acres) he might as well have that parcel, too.

I will be going outside today and fish the block heater cords back out from their hiding spots, so I can plug in both the tractor and the Dodge.
I wonder how many people got caught taking their snow tires off early. I never take mine off before May. Mother nature has a way of messing up peoples' plans.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #187,594  
42 going to 57. No snow here. :( But lots of pollen falling...truck covered yesterday.

Happy Birthday to Kyle's big kid. Hope he's well for track meet.

I thought tumbleweeds were only in cowboy movies. 😁 That looks like a lot of work. I guess it's sorta like how many folks handle leaves here in autumn.

Got the tractor front axle to swallow a bit more fluid after driving it on a slant for a couple of minutes, then grappled a couple of loads of branches to the brush pile. Dropped the load and out popped a squirrel. That was strange.

Made a dump run to pour the old fluid and a 5 gallon container of used motor oil into the recycle tank. Then a hike until sunset. Wife made shepherd's pie with soda bread, and she had a Guinness stout... decorated with shamrocks and green candles.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,595  
41 outside right now, heading to lower 50's.

Weekend was pretty busy.

Had to break the lawn equipment out and started grass cutting. Even the weed whacker made its debut. Wife and I also managed to get the dead tree out of the pasture. Funny how it looked a lot smaller than it was. I guess being a lone standing tree gave us the impression if was small. Had to get the chain saw, chain, tractor and shovels out for that. Made it to the burn pile with six RTV loads of branches. Enjoyed some porch time with the wife after all that.

Need to get busy this AM too. Day jobs is calling right now.

Hope all have a great day and a good start to the work week.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,596  
40 and breezy this morning high in 50s fire danger thru mid week. Fire burning near Catawba this morning.

Walked around property yesterday several new trees down picked up a lot of trash from road. People the dump is just down the road not my yard please.

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #187,597  
good morning all
38 degrees on March 18, going up to 50 and cooler weather for coming week.

not looking forward to this morning. Have to go back to Verizon wireless store.
when I made the deal to trade in my Iphone, I agreed to a 17 dollar a month increase.
I got the bill on Saturday, almost 400 bucks. ????
Seems my Ipad wasn't free and they are charging me 70 bucks a month for it?
so back I go with tons of paperwork.

and of course I threw the box out for the Ipad. Not sure this will end well.

need to make a run to state store to get some wine this morning, then off to a friend's home
for dinner tonight.

Ron, those Ingersolls were cool garden tractors. Reminds me of my Gravely.
Both turned out to be too expensive to make in a world taken over by zero turns.

hope you all have a nice Monday.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,599  
Good Morning,
Vt, 28 to start going to 38 or so ! Looks to be sunny shortly with a slight breeze !

We will be packing up and heading south to Ct later this morning. We won’t be back until the end of the month when older son and his family come back !

I’m planning on bringing rocker seats back to Ct to finish sculpting the seat bottoms ! As I wasn’t able to get much work done in the shop this weekend! Either will be a very long project at this rate !

It looks to be in the upper 40’s this afternoon in Ct, so hoping to get the mud cleaned off of the truck when I get home ! 😉

Thomas,I saw on the news where a lady from Lebanon left home in the early morning hours and drowned in the Connecticut River ! Had to be close to you I would think ! Prayers to her family ! 🙏

Hope all have a very good day !

/ Good morning!!!! #187,600  
good morning all
38 degrees on March 18, going up to 50 and cooler weather for coming week.

not looking forward to this morning. Have to go back to Verizon wireless store.
when I made the deal to trade in my Iphone, I agreed to a 17 dollar a month increase.
I got the bill on Saturday, almost 400 bucks. ????
Seems my Ipad wasn't free and they are charging me 70 bucks a month for it?
so back I go with tons of paperwork.

and of course I threw the box out for the Ipad. Not sure this will end well.

need to make a run to state store to get some wine this morning, then off to a friend's home
for dinner tonight.

Ron, those Ingersolls were cool garden tractors. Reminds me of my Gravely.
Both turned out to be too expensive to make in a world taken over by zero turns.

hope you all have a nice Monday.
Drew, I got deceived at Verizon store years ago. Well, they outright lied to me. This was back in the days when they offered “free upgrades” if you extend your contract I thought I had paid $70 for an upgraded phone. Until the bill came, was over $400 added to bill for the phone. The $70 was for a screen protector and a case that was worth $10.
I should have read the paperwork at the time, but I went by what they said. When I went back they disavowed saying what I heard, and pointed to the paperwork. Never again will I deal with one of their stores. Bought my last 2 phones online from Apple.

Last edited: