Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,001  
36F going to 50F and occasional showers here in Northern CA.

Spring cleanup will start soon, and it is usually a lot of effort. Last year I burned 81 large piles of debris, but that was a very unusual winter.

I have a 17 year old nephew who finishes school in early June. He wants to get a job and make some $$, like most kids his age. He's a city boy, never around rural property. I'm thinking of offering to "hire him" to visit and do some work on our property. Work with me doing cleanup, burning piles, etc. Give us some time together plus he can learn about rural property, tractors, equipment, etc. Maybe make a little lumber on the sawmill.

What is a good pay rate, per day or per week, for a 17 year old? If I make an offer to him, I'd like to be a bit on the generous side. But I have no idea what $$$ that might be?

/ Good morning!!!! #187,002  
37F foggy low 50's maybe rain starting mid afternoon going to be heavy soaker.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...town for critter food couple odds and ends,no real plans for the rest of the day.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,004  
I would pay him minimum wage/hour. You will need to do a little research on how much that is in Cali.
I don't even know what it is in Ontario, Canada. You certainly do NOT want to pay him what I make per hour but I have been working at the same profession for 50 years.

MRIs up here are free.Ontario Health Insurance Program (OHIP) pays for them.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,005  
Good Morning!!!! 48F @ 5:15AM. Thunderstorms likely. High 58F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

Forgot to mention there was another SpaceX launch Monday afternoon. Heard the rumble and made it outside quick enough to see the exhaust plume as it left the booster, but not soon enough to see the flame. Ten minutes later we (my buddy's dog) and I heard the sonic boom as the booster came down to land at Vandenberg SFB. The launches and landings scare the dog, but she was in the garage and was only a little shaken up. Much better than in Lompoc where she lives. My landscaper buddy has a couple clients who's property overlooks the launch site. We've been invited to see a launch, and will as soon as schedules coincide. Really looking forward to that, especially if it's a Vandenberg landing, not out to sea as is usually the case.

Got three sets of shelves up yesterday, and did manage to get to Lowes for a pickup, Costco for gas, the grocery store, and drop off my ballot. Then came home and did a bit of rearranging in the garage, the first of what I'm sure will be many. Was up earlier this morning updating the CAD drawing of the floor plan to reflect current reality, and moved some things around to be more convenient. Still concerned I'll have to walk sideways to get between some of the machines, so we'll see what it's like when everything's here.

Still no sign of an alligator bite in either my friend or I. Both CDC and WHO guidance are confusing with regard to incubation periods and when to know it's safe to stop self quarantine. I'd like to go motorcycle camping this weekend, but don't want to be a virus vector...

Speaking of motorcycles, need to get the zebra bike going if I'm going to make the trip. The battery gets swapped out of the touring bike along with gas and GPS/infotainment system, check oil and air, and give it a good dusting off. Then pack. Wonder if all the camping gear made it down here yet...

Happy Hump Day!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,006  

What is a good pay rate, per day or per week, for a 17 year old? If I make an offer to him, I'd like to be a bit on the generous side. But I have no idea what $$$ that might be?
Around here, we usually go with $20 an hour for farm/rural related stuff.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,007  
i agree with 15 bucks, more than minimum wage but still an unskilled worker.
plus you are quite likely to be feeding him
If he's a real go getter, maybe give him his first raise after a month to 18
locally adults are hired in supermarket at 17 per hour

I'd find out what his goals are for total summer earnings. You have a budget, say 2000 for example,
that gives you an idea how many hours is affordable.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,009  
I would pay him minimum wage/hour. You will need to do a little research on how much that is in Cali.
I don't even know what it is in Ontario, Canada. You certainly do NOT want to pay him what I make per hour but I have been working at the same profession for 50 years.

MRIs up here are free.Ontario Health Insurance Program (OHIP) pays for them.
Nothings free, How much does the OHIP pay, and who funds them?

/ Good morning!!!! #187,010  
Eye appointment later today, was able to snag that yesterday. had to miss one last week due to not feeling good. Will probably need stronger lenses.

Foggy out this morning, 50 deg. Pellet stove humming along. Wife is on her way home from a Dr. appt.
Need to install new water valve in toilet upstairs, it's been running. The valve not shutting off with the float, and water going over the top of the fill tube. Been looking like water running in the bowl, then been hearing it run, so finally turned off the water.
think i have a new one already, need to check.