Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,261  
22 outside this AM, heading to upper 40's. Dry, I like. Sunny, I like more.

Not much on the to do, or honey do lists.

Did not get to sealant yesterday, did get rid of 500 pounds of concrete and construction debris. That was a workout moving that stuff overhead into the refuse bins. Yikes.

Went into the back forty looking for firewood, cedar starter logs is what I go after. Scored big on that.

Speaking of parts and supply chain issues, the GMC 2500hd power steering pump went out, dealer took over a week to find the OEM part. Said there were two "in the area". LOL.
It's a 2020.

Here is hoping all have a good day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,262  
The foundation of an old fire tower has been converted into a shelter and viewing platform on top.

20240220_134128.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,266  
20°
Took the last antibiotic yesterday. Sweated again in the night, woke up drenched.
Went to bed early, slept well.
Did get recycling can in.
Pellets did not.
Wngsprd, glad good hike.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,268  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

22.1F going to upper 50s, mostly sunny day forecasted.

Senior dog Bailey celebrated her 9th trip around the fireball yesterday - she got a half-dozen slices of good bacon instead of cake!

A fire alarm got tripped by a contractor at work yesterday, my immediate reaction, from years of being a fire marshal while at my county job, was to stand up and immediately and loudly state “EVERYBODY OUT” and start moving to the nearest door and see half the people in spruce room just keep working…

the Rest of us left. People are stupid.

apparently, the other workroom on the other side of the building never vacated at all. . .

SMH🫤

Time for more coffee, then off to the grind again...

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,269  
Seems too many folks are under the weather right now. I wish you all better health and a speedy recovery!

25F going to 48F today in Beautiful Northern Nevada. With recent storms we are close to an average winter. So, plenty of summer water for recreation and agriculture.

We miss our dog terribly. A new pup won't bring him back-- but we are looking. Golden Retriever pups from top breeders often include training for waterfowl hunting. Our CA property is ideal for waterfowl hunting-- I am considering trying that. I've never hunted before, so I have a lot to learn if I try.

Everyone please have a great day out there today!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,270  
Good Morning!!!! 51F @ 4:00AM. Rain showers this morning with some sunshine during the afternoon hours. High 62F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
The weather has already made good on the forecast. I was awakened about an hour ago by rain pounding on the roof. Yesterday's forecast for today was dry.

Beautiful views, Billy. Hope you're not sore this morning.

Speaking of roofs, I found about a half dozen fasteners missing on the plastic roof sheeting covering the front porch yesterday. I have a pile of the right screws up north, but had to hit HD for some to make the repair. While there I picked up a new medicine cabinet for the master bathroom here (POs just had a mirror on the wall). Tried to get some melamine shelving, but they were out. The roofing was an easy repair, but the medicine cabinet was heavy enough to be a challenge.

Today is supposed to be garbage day, but none of the neighbors put their cans out. Waste Managment's website sez pickup will not be delayed due to the President's Day holiday. I don't know what to think, but I'll put my cans out this morning just in case.

Hot tub repair man is supposed to show up at 10AM. Not sure what else I'll get up to.

Happy Hump Day, folks...