Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,111  
remember the guy here who owned the huge chicken farm, the broilers as they call them, which makes
the gmo extra big breasts for more white meat. He grew an incredible number of chickens,
miss his input, though he must be so busy doing that wonder how he found time to keep up with us.

I
forgot about him. From Kentucky as I recall.
Wife picked up chicken for supper. I was sleeping, so she let me sleep. She’s going to heat it up now, then I get to take another antibiotic. Since only 1, hope it’s better than last night.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,112  
I felt like the train hit me.
Seems to me that is what I brought home in the fall of 2022, whatever it was kicked the stuffing right out of me. Normally when I come in after a summer of being on the road, I take a week off to decompress, but in 2022 I did manage to get the truck into the driveway and that was the last anybody saw of me for a week. I took the week off and then phoned my boss and got that extended to another week. His words, "take as much time as you need".

/ Good morning!!!! #186,113  
well I have to ask, is it as appealing as say bear meat?
raccoon?
muscular critter, think you'd want to tenderize it a bit.
Dunno, never had Bear or Raccoon. Been many years since I've had muskrat as a kid. If memory serves, a very rich dark meat. I remember going with Dad to a market in Frederica to pick them up. I believe you brine them for a while, oranges and apples were somewhere in the cooking process. I ate it then, but don't pursue it as a meal now. I have friends that do.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,115  
I ate it then, but don't pursue it as a meal now.
That is interesting. As I read it I was thinking if I could remember anything I ate as a kid that I don't like now. One thing I never liked was hominey or 'skillet corn' and I still don't like it today. It was about the only thing my parents tried to force me to eat.

I have known people who ate Raccoon and Oppossum from time to time and they grew up eating it. My brother and I killed some Robins once and brought them home for Mom to Cook. She wouldn't and we did. They were the last Robins we killed.

Rattlesnake was something I always wanted to try but I got some at the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Round up and wasn't impressed. Alligator on the other hand is pretty good.

Nopales or Nopal (prickli pear cactus pads) are good with eggs in breakfast tacos. Never was a fan of Lengua though. Lot of people like Lengua and nopales with eggs in tacos.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,116  
Good Evening,

went to town with a friend today, we both had some errands to do.

I bought a book, some health food stuff, some birthday stuff for my grandson (turns 2 yrs next week), went to Starbucks for coffee (rare), and wandered around Canadian Tire for a few household items (drill bits, water softener salt). I pushed a shopping cart around the mall (sciatica really puts me off balance, risk of falling), as the movement is good. Today my leg feels a bit numb, but mostly it's a feeling of exhaustion ... but the pain is tolerable.

A decided to buy some forearm crutches the other day. They are way more supportive than a cane at this point, and the standard arm-pit crutches have never been an option for me due to balance issues.

1708225577984.png

when I am able to get around a bit better / even standing up ... I will be able to try out the new Milwaukee Drill / Driver set that I bought last week. Eager to get my model railroad table started again.

I noticed that some of you have talked about things that you've eaten ... for me I've had a few strange or infrequent meals - bison, crocodile, froglegs, dog, moose, bear, those come to mind.

Have a good night all. I will try to stay connected.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,117  
To do my 240v outlet yesterday I had to drill appropriate hole in the metal cover. Bought a set of carbide tipped hole saws off Temu. Worked great except near the end the drive belt was jumping off the pulley of my 2007 Delta 17-950L drill press. Never had that happen before. Seems pulley is held in place by a nut which had come off. Found the nut, no problem just reinstall. Not quite as the threads appear a bit bunged up ???? Strange as I’ve maybe changed speeds (belt position) maybe 3 or 4 times since 2007 and that doesn’t involve removing pulley. Rather exhaustive internet search showed both nut and sleeve no longer available. Further research showed both are some special size LH thread. Did find a forum where some guy machined his own, not within my skill set. Thinking maybe some sort of collar with a set screw would work. I surely can’t justify replacing the whole DP.
I'd try to buy a LH tap? figure out the threads by measuring the diameter of the male thread, and using a metric or standard thread pitch gage.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,118  
Good evening all. 30ºF for the start, overcast, windy. Very windy, gusts to 27mph, sky clearing slowly then clouding back up, and high temp was 40ºF. Bike ride to start day, wearing all the warm biking clothes I had, and temps did not warm up enough to make clothing adjustments. After lunch tried to live stream live weigh in for fish tournament, too cold computer did not find camera, so no lice stream. FaceBook also changed how to start live stream so that didn't help either. Came home took a nap, started fire, and had dinner.
Two_bit inspections were never an issue, I could get one the month before if I saw no line :) Things are going reasonably well. Still working on estate. Hope to get a couple of issues worked out this week.
Dennis sorry about the bad taste, never had that side effect. that Phishing is something else :(
Dennis sorry you are up at 3 Hope you got some sleep or a nap. prayers sent. Enjoy your snow.
NHBX glad snow control went well. Hope dump run went smoothly.
Ron glad water filters are changed and HW tank drained. Hope anode replacement and sump pump swap went well. Congrats on refund already. Nice sunrise.
Drew hope snow control went well. glad red glow in greenhouse, hope thermometer showed today. Hope dinner went well.
Billy glad you got more firewood on porch. Sorry not more snow. Good to hear MIL back in apartment hope you get get her moved to new apartment soon.
Drew hope you don't need the blower if you don't want to use it.
Frits sorry they shorted you on snow :) Hope clean up went well.
Thomas hope you got away after 4 hours. Hope you got stops taken care of.
Buppies glad you got 7 hour sleep. Sorry they shorted you too on snow. prayers sent.
Dennis sorry about the indigestion. Glad temp down. Nice herd, at new lot?
Drew sorry you had to shovel. Hope blower moved hump, there should be an app for the driveway and walk clearing.
Mike glad you are happy with getting shorted on snow. Hope milk house work went well.
Kilroy hope class on mushrooms was good, I remember hunting morel mushrooms, those were good. Hope taxes go smoothly as well as catching up, which is NOT easy.
Kilroy nice numbers :)
Bill glad you have an easy day.
Drew thanks for sharing the plants :)
Kilroy don't get caught in the crossfire.
RJ glad no direct experience. Welcome to GM thread. Like the avatar.
Drew glad blower worked so good. Good day for a nap :)
Don all my warm clothes are Missouri leftovers. Interesting class hope your wife has fun with it.
Scott(vt) sorry about the cold. Flying has you so close to so many people it's a wonder more people don't get sick. Hope son finishes snow control.
Ted quite the temp swing. Hope display case makes some progress and pizza party for GS is a hit. For most of us seems like we swim in a sea of estrogen.
Ken Hope you enjoy you seat time. Glad dinner not a disaster. Nice snow pic
Don thanks for finding the app :)
Dennis glad you are starting to do better. Sorry she is making you wait for the good stuff.
Drew bet that could clear tables next to him.
Scott(vt) good to hear you are getting rewarded for drive wife to hair appointment.
David glad you got the 240V outlet set up.
David hope new freezer pans out. I have no opportunity to buy meat like Ted, however stepdaughter just bought 1/2 cow :)
Paul good to hear mowdeck done and driveshafts ready for install. Hope you had fun with snow control.
Ken that's cheating to have blade on front ;) nice pic.
Two_bit hope the trips back and forth go well. Like the story :)
Frits glad snow under control. Good to hear D doing better health wise, hope interviews go well.
David sorry about the sleeve and nut on DP. Can you find machine shop to make parts for you?
Dennis hope you do better on 1 pill/day glad temp still at 99
Scaredy sorry to hear about the Sciatica, can anybody help with that? Sorry about the internet issues, that can get very frustrating. prayers sent.
RS hope the bathroom remodel goes well. With new cabinets coming , definitely not worth it. Will guard the beef carefully.
Engineer the previous pic of muskrat didn't do anything to make me want to try it.
Randy(wag) hope Church and meeting both went well. Won't be much day left for Him.
PJ that's cold. Glad you are warming up. Hope wife's trip went well.
Thomas sorry you got the look from Mrs. Hope kitties were friendly tonight.
Drew i do enjoy your thoughts :)
Bill hope you can get the loads you want. Headache and runs, are you getting enough fluids? Hope nuggets stay down and in for a bit. Nice story
Dennis did you get the engine number? Hope you are feeling better soonest.
Bill I remember you didn't post much either.
Scaredy hope the crutches help. Good luck with your railroad modeling.
Kyle good advice.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,119  
BEF that pill drug I’m deathly allergic to lose control of peeing and pooping cannot breathe put me in hospital. Hope you feel better. I understand rat isn’t too bad, actually I know some guys who cook and eat the stuff among other things. If it moves they kill it and eat it

/ Good morning!!!! #186,120  
Doing a little better tonight over last night. My taste is improving, and I woke up hungry, so ate a hostess strawberry cupcake that I had stashed beside the bed.
No kitties with me tonight, they preferred the pellet stove. Snagglepuss was with me some, till she started sneezing and wheezing, so I put her out.