Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,722  
Public service announcement for new Texas residents:

If you are new to Texas, we are about to experience “Texas Winter”. This is 6 or 7 days of cold, maybe some ice and snow. They will threaten snow. It may snow, it may not, and if they say 2 inches it could be 10 or it could be 1/2”. It doesn’t matter how much snow it is, we’ll all freak out because we don’t see snow often.

The threat of snow (or ice) is your prompt to head to the grocery store and buy milk, eggs, and bread. It doesn’t matter if you need these items. It’s just what we do. Everyone in town will be there. You’ll also need to make a mad dash for faucet covers and finding them and getting out of the store will be like an episode of the hunger games.

You’re in the redneck district. Don’t look for a sled. You won’t find one. In the rare chance we get enough ice or snow to sled grab some cardboard or a trash can lid and go find the nearest hill. Yes, we know it’s not a hill. You live in the flatland, just go with it. You’ll be alarmed by the fact that you’re “sledding” towards a bar ditch, fence or maybe into a farm to market road. Just go with it. You’ll be fine.

We don’t have equipment to handle the winter and weather. The roads will be a mess and even though the state has been telling you for a week they’re ready, they’re not and it won’t work. Just stay home if you can and if you can’t just come to terms with the fact that nobody here knows how to drive in snow and ice. Whatever you do, DO NOT talk about snow tires.

If you happen to slide off the road or get stuck, turn your flashers on, take a deep breath and wait. Two guys in a four wheel drive truck will be along in no time to offer assistance. Don’t try to help them, they live for this stuff, and will do what they can to get you back on the road. If either one of them screams “hey y’all watch this” just get back and get your phone out and start recording, you’ll probably have a viral video. Also of note, when they offer you beer and deer jerky, don’t be rude, take it and smile. No matter what you do, don’t talk about how they did it back home in any of these scenarios. Nobody cares. You live in Texas now. When we act like we’re going to die and start to complain about the 7 days of winter just don't say a word, we’re serious and we don’t care how much you love it. We don’t. You’ll be back in shorts and flip flops in a week to ten days.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,723  
Public service announcement for new Texas residents:

If you are new to Texas, we are about to experience “Texas Winter”. This is 6 or 7 days of cold, maybe some ice and snow. They will threaten snow. It may snow, it may not, and if they say 2 inches it could be 10 or it could be 1/2”. It doesn’t matter how much snow it is, we’ll all freak out because we don’t see snow often.

The threat of snow (or ice) is your prompt to head to the grocery store and buy milk, eggs, and bread. It doesn’t matter if you need these items. It’s just what we do. Everyone in town will be there. You’ll also need to make a mad dash for faucet covers and finding them and getting out of the store will be like an episode of the hunger games.

You’re in the redneck district. Don’t look for a sled. You won’t find one. In the rare chance we get enough ice or snow to sled grab some cardboard or a trash can lid and go find the nearest hill. Yes, we know it’s not a hill. You live in the flatland, just go with it. You’ll be alarmed by the fact that you’re “sledding” towards a bar ditch, fence or maybe into a farm to market road. Just go with it. You’ll be fine.

We don’t have equipment to handle the winter and weather. The roads will be a mess and even though the state has been telling you for a week they’re ready, they’re not and it won’t work. Just stay home if you can and if you can’t just come to terms with the fact that nobody here knows how to drive in snow and ice. Whatever you do, DO NOT talk about snow tires.

If you happen to slide off the road or get stuck, turn your flashers on, take a deep breath and wait. Two guys in a four wheel drive truck will be along in no time to offer assistance. Don’t try to help them, they live for this stuff, and will do what they can to get you back on the road. If either one of them screams “hey y’all watch this” just get back and get your phone out and start recording, you’ll probably have a viral video. Also of note, when they offer you beer and deer jerky, don’t be rude, take it and smile. No matter what you do, don’t talk about how they did it back home in any of these scenarios. Nobody cares. You live in Texas now. When we act like we’re going to die and start to complain about the 7 days of winter just don't say a word, we’re serious and we don’t care how much you love it. We don’t. You’ll be back in shorts and flip flops in a week to ten days.

You all are civilized, no Public Service announcement for toilet paper stocks?

Amazing. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,725  
Good Morning
41 going into the 50’s sky is clear now, supposed to rain later and through the night.
I’m feeling better, but not tip top. Mrs Gadget has what I had now, hopefully she gets better quicker than I did.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,727  
We are getting more and more that are dedicating pumps to non-ethnol.
Bucc-ee's especially has been good to get into Ethanol Free gas.
yep, saw it a lot in TN last week, but none near me in MD. Had it at the pump at my last fill up in Bristol, wish I had a gas can with me.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,728  
Good Morning!!!! 36F @ 6:00AM. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High 43F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Earlier in the week "They" were predicting snow flurries tonight, but it seems we've been granted a reprieve.
We DO have a lot in common, and that’s what lets us disregard what we don’t agree with, but it would be nicer not to have it here in the first place.
Agreed. What brought me here in the first place is my desire to learn how to use my new-to-me tractor. I suspect that's true for the majority of folks in this thread. If things go the way I'm hoping, in six months I'll no longer have a tractor. As such, I'll no longer be as interested in them as when I still had one. Several here have transitioned to "life without a tractor" and are still here. Now I wonder if I'll still hang out, posting every morning...
Wow, I didn't know Walmart sold gas..... none of the stores in this state sell gas.--- only the Sam's Club.
I didn't know either, until I used Gas Buddy to find a cheap station on the northern end of my Central Cal commute. It turned out to be a Walmart. But so far, at least, not many Walmarts out here have gas stations, either.

Are you going to start bicycling at night, Bruce? Or just looking for better visibility during the day? I've seen some of those LED flashers that were incredibly bright for their size, a really good idea ether way in this era of distracted drivers.
LS, we buy the Executive membership, and get the rebate check each year, which pays back the membership fee plus more. Hope your storm wasn't too bad.
What extra benefit do you get from the Executive membership, Billy? I had one for a year, and my rebate check barely covered the membership cost. Now I'm back at the regular level for that reason, but what am I missing?
Good news in CA was that I do not have a pair of foxes under the old farmhouse.
Glad they didn't take up residence. I had one here for a while that insisted on leaving foxy surprises on the door steps. Literally kept me on my toes. It also liked to bark and howl from those door steps, usually in the wee hours of the night. I was just about to work out a double aught surprise for it when it found someone else to bother.

Pretty funny, Don. Shoot some video to share if you can, OK?

Swapped the gate opener battery out yesterday for one with a fresh charge. All this cloudy weather hasn't given the solar charger up there enough poop to keep the opener working.

Hitched up the 7x14 box trailer to the van and got it backed up to the garage. Only took about 14 hops out of the drivers seat to see where it was going and keep from hitting the gutter on the front of the garage. That was good, as it was about half the number of hops as last time.

Then I tackled a job I've been putting off for far too long: Cleaning out the office trailer. I'm taking the two kitchen base cabinets and door come counter top down south with me, but most of the other junk in there hasn't been touched for years. Since most of the camper parts for the Volkswagen were in there, I moved them to the now mostly empty guest bedroom to get them out of the way. Then I started in on moving boxes that haven't been opened in 14 years, most of which had collapsed due to being stacked too high in a slightly damp environment. That gave me the "opportunity" to open all those boxes, sort through looking for treasure, and put the good stuff in a new box. The rest went in garbage bags destined for Goodwill, the burn pile, or the dump. I got the cabinets and door loaded in the trailer, and about half the boxes sorted. I hope to finish today and the old office trailer will be empty. Then comes the job of selling it which should be fun as the woodpeckers have ravaged the plywood sides and it looks pretty bad. The tires under it are at least fifteen years old, and I need someone even crazier than I was when I bought it and towed it home with no idea how old they were then.

TGIF gang.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,730  
Good Morning!

Our tom cat finally caught a tree rat yesterday. He has been after them the last week real strong. This morning he had it on the porch.

Once again prepared for weather as predicted but hoping the weather reports are wrong. A bit of snow for one day is acceptable. But I am content to enjoy the snow pictures posted here.

Hope everyone is warm and happy, safe and healthy!