Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,161  
I'm stlll catching up guys ... not a bad way to start the year, and with a coffee

Riptides - my condolences, so sorry for your loss :( prayers for comfort
lost a very close aunt on Sat, tough times for families when that is a memory of loved ones in the Holiday season

m7040 - I can relate to a lot of that on a smaller scale. 3 adoptions for us (2 international, 1 domestic), and some special needs. Reflecting is good to do at times. Wouldn't change any of it though ❤️

Dftodd - you must have a different Santa than me ???

Wagtail - HBD2U

ronjhall - that squirrel looks comfy, great photo :)

New Years Eve was quiet
will get back to my truck issues (master cylinder) this week - not really equipped at the moment as I need to get (replace) floor jack, air compressor, drill driver ... still. Might just get it towed in to a friend's shop. we'll see what the options are when people return to town

/ Good morning!!!! #183,164  
Doing our own haircuts was something we learned early on. One of the things with many kids is that we had to find ways to save time. Taking kids to get haircuts takes lots of time. This as well as shopping for shoes clothes etc had to be streamlined. With a few kids we had the luxury of going to stores and take our time but not later on.
Bought a hundred shoes on a factory surplus sale and saved lots of time. Got all the Y's surplus tees and saved lots time and so forth

So true. I am oldest of 8.
Catalyst for this was last haircut, Sophie saw I paid $42 for the 2 of us. Just plain, simple cuts, not styling or anything. Next trip to Costco resulted in $46 clippers. Only $4 from break even, next cut.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,165  
Good morning, the low is 17 and the high to 21°F. Wind NE 2 mph. 30% chance of flurries.

2 spare (new) sump pumps in the basement where they will live until the current 'spare' dies. It seems to be working the way it should, so time will tell.

Plans for today = none.

Happy New Year, all.
I have 2 spare pedestal sump pumps. Seems to be a good plan to have 2 spares. They have been spares for over 30 years.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,166  
Good morning all. At least it was morning when I started the post. 30for the start, clear sky, breezy. Putter to start day, cleaned ashes in insert up, was going to work on dinning table pile but have yet to start. Going for bike ride and dinner at stepdaughter with nap mix in there somewhere. Will get caught up tonight. :)
Sunday morning 4:36 AM CST posts:
Drew hope they can decrease the frequency of the scans, and this on comes back clean
Phil glad you were able to repair the turning. Nice to get Sun. Hope family time and dinner good.
Bill sorry about the pumps giving out, not bad price increase over 30 years.
Billy glad it was dry enough to use wheelbarrow. Sounds like you are almost done with that batch of firewood.
Kilroy congrats on having enough cash on hand to make through Sunday :) Hope church and woodlot trip were both good.
Scott(vt) Sorry no sun. Glad you could recover the getting clothing caught in the equipment. Nice you were not damaged either :) Nice pic
Thomas hope you enjoyed your slow-mo da. Nice way to end 2023.
Frits glad phone repair complete, wonder what will happen when they run out of pairs? Good luck on podcast. Menu sounds delicious.
Paul surprised not more damage to brush hog. Glad just a straight forward straighten job. Have with the speaker builds. Glad you got some son time and R/C time. Glad no snow yet with the tractor not ready.
David glad you got some stuff done inspite of weather.
Ken hope dinner was good. Hope firewood was moved. Glad tire ok for now. We had some ornamental grass like that, blocked too much view and wife did not like it so it was gone after 3 year project. Thanks for pics
Drew thanks for link. Sorry the deer were such a problem.
Kyle hope church was good. Mickey Dee's for lunch always lower on the list for me.
Don thanks for info on wasting disease.
Thomas good to hear good morning at bear center.
Scott(vt) good remarks on oil and gas (including propane). They did have an issue with a natural gas delivery system a few years ago in the DFW area and a house blew up :(. Poor maintenance on fireplace can burn your house down.
Dftodd hope tires are not filled.
Ted glad you could fix fan motor on Jeep. Hope conversation goes well with future SIL.
Ted Ford and Fokker trimotors were common place at what is now Lambert international airport.
Rand(wag) Glad you made it to midnight. Hope you found all the calendars.
Bill sorry you missed out, wife and I got to to a short hop on one, she asked for co-pilot seat and got it !
Paul did you hear how hard it was to get to that point they could turn out 1 b-24 per hour.
This morning posts, 3:45 AM CST
Ron sorry to hear about your neighbor tripping and juries. Very nice Sassy pic.
Ron thanks for update on explosion. bet air museum is neat.
Drew nice to hear about well your inflatables are doing. Now if only you can get hot tube working again. Thanks for reminder to be Careful!
Billy nice way to end year, with a little seat time. Neat pic
Helo thanks for info on the different groups and how the Christmas and New Year.
NHBX hope you had a good easy day.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,167  
Drew, curious did you get your dual speakers working?
What were your thoughts on my usb hub/dongle suggestion?

/ Good morning!!!! #183,169  
Which up date is it asking for m7040?

/ Good morning!!!! #183,170  
Happy new year 2024. Hopefully it is truly a new year with some changes.
This is my 70th yr
I will stop drinking and start exercising. Wish me luck - I'll need it to get started.
I got my new plasma cutter running yesterday. Itching for a project...

septuagenarian is hard to pronounce.
octogenarian is much easier to pronouce. You only have to wait 10 more years.