Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #173,381  
then a local AC service call that was just operator error. Thermostats are getting smarter than the people that use them. There is a lot to be said about the simplicity of a mercury vial on a bimetal coil.
Ain't that the truth.

/ Good morning!!!! #173,382  
Good morning! 80˚F heading to 105˚ , cloudless sky. "Excessive Heat Warning" till 9P.M.

Today is "No Watering Monday" also the day that the water board will determine if we stay in phase 3 of water restrictions. Lawns are turning brown incredibly fast. I think some people are realizing they can cancel their lawn service for a while.

Lap pool and cards are on the agenda for this scorching day.
my grass was brown a couple weeks ago from no rain, but quickly greens up and grows once you get a rain or 2. Now it's starting to brown up again. Never watered a yard and don't intend to start.

/ Good morning!!!! #173,383  
The new house has a slightly smaller garage, but it makes up some of that by a large mezzanine over the back half, complete with a flight of stairs to get up there. And it opens into the attic, which right now has somewhat haphazard flooring, but that's inexpensive to improve.

What little gardening stuff I have left will fit in a little shed in the back yard. Speaking of yards, they're both small, and since water is so expensive, I'll probably replace much of the lawn with drought tolerant plants and large rocks. I have an abundance of large rocks here, and they will make good reminders of better times here.

There's also a 10'x30' bonus room stretching across one side of the house with its own door into the garage. I'll set up an office just inside that door, and probably store a handful of motorcycles in there, too. Be nice to have an inside bench for other pursuits and crafts as well, and lots of book cases.

Last time I moved took several months, and I've got a lot more junk now than I did then. I'll be going through it all and will likely get rid of a lot of it. Not sure how long all that will take, but the plan is to get the old house on the market by March of '24. So I'll still have one more Spring's worth of tractoring, then the tractor, all the implements, and the side-by-side will get sold off after the home sells. That'll be the end of the F250, and hopefully the VW as well. That's as far as I've thought it through, and it'll undoubtedly change with the circumstances. Haven't even opened escrow yet, and I've yet to experience one that didn't have a few bumps along the way.
Congratulations. Hope the inspections are clean. Still have memories of last move many years ago. Took two full size moving trucks going across country.

/ Good morning!!!! #173,384  
Town sent out people to clean up the roads, so now at least the pile of rocks is back along my frontage for now, will probably clean up eventually. They told us they will probably dig out the trench and pave it into a culvert next year.
Having a few tons of rock in the road is a bit hazardous.
Our shared road where to water flowed over it seems to be ok.
The forest areas uphill are now barren of grass/weeds where to torrents came through. I bet lots of mud in my woods. But no reason to go in there right now.

Have the bush trimmers out working right now.
20230717_065747.jpg

River looks like someones been logging, no pics though

Road was covered completely, side to side with rock, now just has some gravel left.
20230717_113654.jpg

Bambi's have been having sun splashing around, still only get 2 of the three triplets in a picture, one kinda always in the undergrowth. They were running around like crazy in the back yard yesterday.
20230717_065815.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #173,385  
71°F and .02 inches rain.

Got about an hour out mowing left. Coulda woulda shoulda finished yesterday but let a full tummy from late lunch talk me out of it just conserved energy rest of the afternoon.

Need to make a PO run this morning.

In person Happy Hour in later.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #173,386  
79F and partly cloudy @ 12:00, HI 80F, DP 64F, HU 61%, AQI 155. Heading up to around 84F for the day's high with areas of smoke and haze. 40% chance of scattered showers/thunderstorms later this afternoon.

Got hopper and both tube feeders refilled yesterday, also suet feeder + cracked corn scattered for the ground feeders.

Had a shower roll through last night just before midnight, so 0.15" yesterday.

Cub was out front so it got a bath.

Still not seeing any groundhogs right around the house. Still have a couple more burrow entrances to treat though.

Front lawn likely needs mowed, not sure if it's dry enough though. Top part probably is, as it drains better. Will have to see. Still seeing standing water out back.

Woman wanted to know if I had any weed killer mixed up (yes), says it's calm outside so ...

She just headed out to pull weeds.

Forecast for the next 2 days is sounding pretty good: mostly sunny tomorrow with a high of 82F, partly cloudy on Wednesday with a high of 85F.

Amazon says Bluetooth speaker is on the truck and out for delivery.

Hope everyone is having a decent Monday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #173,387  
That's real good days work (y) may the healing be quick.

It's been surprisingly quick, enough so I was able to avoid seeing a doctor, lol. I can't straighten the arm out yet, but I can move my elbow around with only minor pain. In a few days I'll be back to normal; lesson learned, I bought a grapple, I ought to use the grapple.

Everyone, thank you for the well wishes; learn from me, lol, work smarter not harder.

/ Good morning!!!! #173,388  
Jubaijohnson - greetings from BC Canada, I've been a TBN member for awhile, but lately have been in / out of the forum due to the personal happenings around here. Glad that you found this forum and group. My 1993 Silverado only has 172,000 kms on it (107,000 m) so there should be some life in it still for the nest 3-5 years I hope. I am hoping that a friend brings his early OB1 code reader over to help diagnose things. Looking for a small used SUV that is much newer, when the dust settles. have a good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #173,390  
I am still catching up on months of hit and miss here, but I am praying as I read these posts. And I thank all of you for your prayers and support as my life circumstances change along the way. There is a lot of smoke here currently due to 350 wildfires active in the Province at this point - sorry, if we are sharing the smoke with you. Stay Safe. One of the horses is gone from the property now, so there are some slow movements happening. Waiting for the day that I can re-claim the property and set things up as they suit me. One step at a time. Praying - Trusting - Waiting.

Buppies - prayers, sounds difficult.
kenmbz - praying
mostly_gas - thanks again for the "Coles Notes" so that I can keep up with the groupthe
Drew - the trip sounds good, I love that region of Cai
RNG - big plans, praying that things go smoothly for you

Have a good day everyone. I'll be back.