Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #172,111  
LS, hope for some relief from PT. Basically what you are describing is nerve damage from a Trauma that can hopefully regenerate some. Learning to live with pain is not easy and know it too well from my wife living with RA that refuse to go into remission.

My surgeon said to not do the surgery for the rotator cuff injury because I am 81 years old. What the Fxxx has that got to do with it. Like you get to a certain age and they look at it like you are going to other pastures soon so what is the point but in your case there are no surgery solution from the looks at it

Hope for the best and keep up the spirit

/ Good morning!!!! #172,112  
Good (Wednesday) morning. The overnight Low was -3C (frost) and it's presently 9.9C, clear and calm.

I've skipped over the last few days as I've dealt with (and am still dealing with) my new desktop computer. The short story (so far) is that on Monday I made the trip into Launceston (2.5hr one way) 'early' and made the purchase. The data transfer was taking a long time, therefore I needed to return the next day (yesterday) to retrieve it. <bugger>. Another early 6hr round trip. So yesterday arvo was spent 'setting up' the new system because, even though the data was transferred, it's 'somewhere else' on the new system and I don't have the skill(s) to locate these files and incorporate them... <sigh> I'll need to get a local tech to come here and help.

In the meantime I'll plug away at it. (trying not to use too many expletives... and failing at that)

It's also 'into town' day for mail & groceries.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,113  
Good evening all. 78ºF for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. moderate wind but less gusty, partly cloudy sky, and high temp was 96ºF, HI 113ºF. Putter too long this morning, bike ride was hotter today, had to stop for drink and catch breath. Was going to mow but HI too hot. Did get nap in, wife wanted early dinner in town.
Scaredy thanks for the update,sorry about the issue with bears and coyotes. It is a shame you can't get any help with that. You seem to have a good attitude through all this. prayers sent.
Ron glad birthday was good, and you ended up getting some rest. Sorry about eye dilation. Nice pic
Kilroy glad you were able to work on interesting stuff and not get recruited in cleaning effort.
Kilroy hope you got the extra sleep.
Buppies glad surgery went well. Thank for the info on riveting old trusses. prayers sent.
Drew hope you took advantage of your dry day.
Frits hope you got rain, here rain is threatened then evaporates as rain day gets closer. Congrats on daughter's invitation!
Billy glad you did not get caught in downpours.
Chris congrats on new dinghy. Enjoy the blueberries. Hope you get more rain.
Paul good to hear you are surviving the training.
Dennis hope you get the HDMI issues worked out. Hope dash cam starts playing nice. neat deer party.
Ken good to hear PW done, good to hear pool has been tested :) Nice pic.
RS glad you gpt a lot of the mowing done. Hope the tree trimming helps with the mowing. Hope today's progress is good.
Jay sorry to hear about wife's wrist. Good to hear both of you hanging in there. Nice pic.
Ted sorry to hear no rain continuing. Hope you get something from second opinion.
Drew sorry work on RV did not go better. Good to hear mowing done and gas cans refilled.
David hope planned painting happened.
Dennis neat pic
Lou nice machine.
RS good to hear progress happening on agenda.
Thomas such a generous offer.
Thomas glad today went well, hope critters were entertaining.
Dennis sorry about dash cam/ Glad hdmi switch working at home. sorry about hitting limit so fast with pics of nothing.
Dennis hope you can work out good path for driveway.
Two_bit nice Father's day present.
Buppies good to hear good margins, sorry to hear the pain is serious. prayers for good recovery.
Ted sorry news not better. prayers sent.
Jay dinner sounded good. Nice pics
Frits 80+ patients more likely to have issues anesthesia, Mom put off heat valve surgery to she was over 80, Dr was sure anesthesia more likely to kill her than heart valve. Also older patients don't heal as fast.
Randy(wag) sorry tech such a pain the a$$. Hope trip to town successful.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /back surgery healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,114  
A very good day. All 5 walls painted.

All 16 walls painted about 4900 sf. I didn’t subtract the doors and windows precisely. 15 gals of Balcony Rose.

The wood beams and columns about 400sf and about 6.5 gallons of White.

About 72 manhours paint time over 12 days. Didn’t accurately time breaks. Doesn’t include daily prep or cleanup.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #172,118  
Hi All,

I'm praying for those as I read and catch up ... Buppies and LS among others

I am probably a good 150 pages behind in the content of this thread, so just moving forward.

Finally had a day where I could momentarily get back to some bookkeeping work, and get a bit more organized. About 2.5 hrs worth of focussed effort, so it feels like I made a dent. Expecting that my computer techie guy can repair my printer soon, as I am at that point where I can no longer delay the documents.
I did have a scraps pick-up to do in town also, and that took another 3 hours start to finish. Then a friend was here, so we both caught up a bit more. I cleaned up a bit more to bear-proof the food-scraps, and now that today's pick-up was completed and distributed to 8 others ... my next plan is a dump run on the weekend, so I am starting to load the truck up again. I realize just how often I rely on my old truck. The Honda CRV / Toyota RAV4 is still a few months away. I'm not certain, but I think that our last encounter with the large black bear was on Sunday when I fired that bear banger.

We've had some light rain over that last couple of days so that is good and very nessecary. The rain also keeps the wildfire smoke away for now.

I have an unscheduled trip into tow tomorrow again, but this time it is to run an errand for a neighbour who is out of town and not available. It is the least that I can do, given that I am needing support and assistance at times from people also.

Have a good night.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,119  
Coffee is cooling. 59° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 84° with partly cloudy skies. Got new glasses on order. Nothing else got done. Before it gets to warm will mow grass today.
Today is longest day of 2023 and first day of Summer. Officially Summer Solstice starts at 11:58 AM EDT.
Stopping by for a drink of water.
J2fL6UE.jpg

Jay, hope Peg gets better quickly.

Buppies, hope you got a good nights sleep.

Buckeye, property looks good.

LS, sorry second opinion is not what you were hoping for.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #172,120  
Thanks Ron I’m still here just very tired, one beside left eye, eye swollen shut red and black and blue, other on right hand side back. Hopefully rest today not much last night

Still dreary here light rain dark mood killer but animals out eating

Thanks for well wishes and prayers

Prayers for all silent or spoken our Country Ukrainian People