Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #167,431  
Congrats to your son, Kyle šŸ¤™
When I ran cross country in HS, I didnā€™t need to look back, never finished better than 4th for the team.
Sounds like me....

My first CC tryout, the guys took off like it was a sprint. I knew I was in trouble from the get go. LOL.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,432  
Was still 70F up in the shop, and still a couple of chunks of wood in the stove that hadn't burned all the way up before the fire went out.

Loaded it up with with some wet wood and was able to get the fire going fairly easily.

Was up to 77F by the time I was ready to leave so I throttled the stove down a tad before I came back down.

Figured I'd give it a few more hours at warm temps before I try and do anything as far as flipping it and shooting the bottom:

IMG_2413 copy.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #167,433  
Update:

Extension supervisor strongly suggested not waiting until Saturday to put in new trees, so sick day today. The only thing that did not go in are four blueberry bushes and two apple trees that are going up to the woodlot, and a dwarf cherry for momā€™s place. And even those got taken out of the plastic/silica gel packing and I put them in half-full bags of tree&shrub media as a temporary stopgap. Everything was in plastic with silica gel (except blueberries, which are in small pots) so I have a dozen elderberry temprarily in large rolling rectangular planter boxes, and four grapevines in two small rectangular windowsill planters (they are all going up the woodlot too, but for now are in the driveway ) and in the ground at the house permanently are two cherry trees, two pear trees, and two apple trees (appropriately subspecies-diverse for pollination).

it got warm, I took off my shirt for a bit.

a bit too longā€¦

I am currently stiff, sore, and sunburned.

but it was a good 8hour day of REAL work (Feels Good, Man!) instead of cubefarm insanity - one more week!

Harry Houdini Hound also appreciated not being in the crate all day šŸ˜šŸ‘

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #167,435  
Good (Maundy Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.4C and it's presently 21C, overcast and calm. That's going to change later on tonight as the 'heavens' are predicted to open up with thunderstorms and such all day tomorrow. It'll be a wet Easter weekend.

Paddock transfer completed last evening so I'll 'clean up' Paddock #2 this arvo... unless the rain arrives early.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,436  
Gravel delivered on time! ---- that's actually pretty amazing. They are usually pretty late, especially in the afternoon.
Tractor time tomorrow!
76CF262C-419F-445C-B752-F71FDDF7B153.jpeg0E261FAA-DB8A-4BC6-85B4-97E5DA8ED591.jpeg
Looks like I should have enough to finish the turnaround area. Probably in the fall I'll get 50-60 tons of crusher fines to spread over the top of the whole driveway. That will lock it down like concrete.

Kilroy, glad you got to spend some "man time" planting.

I'll have my hands full with planting in a few weeks. Our last expected freeze occurs in late April or the start of May. The trees here are barely cracking their buds.

Drew, my guess is that it's the outside GFCI on the RV that's causing the issue. Agree, wait a couple of dry days, maybe wedge the cover open to facilitate drying.

It was really chilly here today. A chilly breeze and the temp didn't get above 42Ā°. Tomorrow should be 62Ā°.
Spring temp swings are in place.....

Time to get comfy, put the feets up, and watch 'Nature', 'Nova', and 'Secrets of the Dead' on PBS.

Everyone have a great evening!

/ Good morning!!!! #167,437  
Ted, thank you, I'm not sure the outside receptacle is a gfci, but I'll look more carefully tomorrow.
If all I have to do is push another button, I'm going to feel pretty dumb....:cool:

good school board meeting, nice to do it in person again. Long presentation on curriculum of K, 1rst and 2nd grades.
I find it fascinating, how young minds are influenced, values set, self confidence improved, very impressed with how well the school
is doing molding young minds not only intellectually but socially/emotionally. Hugely improved over when I was on the school board 15 years ago.

Pennsylvania, perhaps other states, has a program called EITC where businesses and now individuals can elect to have a great deal of their PA income tax diverted to
local private schools of their choice that are on some kind of approved list. You still have to pay the tax, but now much of it goes to the school and not the State.
Our little school got almost 300k in funds this way, all new money. We can't budget for it, legislature could stop the program, but in a time of our investments not performing, sure is nice to get an unplanned but hoped for big check. The new part of this is now individuals through a collective can also divert their PA income tax.
You still have to pay all the tax, but you have some say in where it goes.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,438  
Good evening. Ice and freezing rain storm finally abated, but the power has been out since this morning, and ETA is tomorrow at noon.

Weather is starting to get warmer and warmer, so our little creek is open and starting to roar.

Electrician couldnā€™t come today because the roads were so slick, but heā€™s coming first thing tomorrow, and we expect to get a lot done on the basement wiring. Then, next week, I pick up the flooring and not too long after that the basement kitchen cupboards will arrive from IKEA that starts the big adventure, putting them together!

Flooring will be this real cool, product called Drybarrier (which is a series of interlocking 2 x 2 dimpled 3/8ā€ thick panels), and then vinyl planks on top. So, there will be no organics at all to rot over the years.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,439  
Wife decided to skip another plantation this morning, as the house is empty. Why pay $52 to see empty rooms.
Went to local park instead, ruins of a town from 1697 but found out you pay online and have to display your receipt, so we left.
We ended up driving all the way home. Iā€™m tired.
Boy did NC mess up I77 north of charlotte with pay lanes. It used to be so simple to drive down there, now itā€™s a nightmare. Just a money grab from the people who live up at Lake Norman. I hadnā€™t been there in many years since sister in law moved from that area.
Someone turned upstairs thermostat to heat only. It was nice and hot upstairs when we got home.

Lot to catch up on
Pebbles gave me a good licking
IMG_8652.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #167,440  
Over $200 for 2 of us. Filet Mignon, and no alcohol.
Happy Anniversary

About 35 yrs ago, I took my date out to a fancy restaurant in Vancouver, the bill before gratuity, was $175.00 :)

Last edited: