Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,441  
Coffee is brewing. 42° with rain this morning. Heading to 49° before dropping to low 30's in afternoon. Wind will be knocking some more branches off. Grocery shopping went well yesterday. Recliner tech came out. But did not have parts to repair it. Did get it back to a sitting position. He will be back with parts next week. No plans for today.
Night time visitors at feeders.
j4dg3K0.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,442  
Good morning TBN members. Cold Front here, (44 degrees at 4am) has been in the 60's this time of day. Some very welcomed rain, but NOT ENOUGH, only 0.15" so far. Really need a rogue T-Storm or batch to dump additional.

Wishing all have a prosperous, safe day.

Boeing MH-139A Grey Wolf multi-mission helicopter – based on the proven commercial AW139 helicopter – designed to protect intercontinental ballistic missiles and transport U.S. government officials and security forces. Replaces USAF UH-N1 Huey. Buggy at this point, behind schedule.

1679044840259.png

/ Good morning!!!! #166,443  
Good evening all. 58ºF for the start, overcast sky, windy. Windy today, line of thunderstorms went through late afternoon, and cold front as well, high temp was 71ºF. After weather moved through, .6 inch in rain gauge. Highs in the 50's for 4 days. Slow start this morning, slept in, over 9 hrs. Trip to Costco went smoothly, spent our rebate check, and then some :(. Scored some new ratchet straps, old one very stiff and never got any easier to work with. Nap then dinner then fish club meeting.
PJ hope you and the wife are hanging in there with the loss of Evey.
Bill sorry about no snow for a while.
Mike good to hear electric done. Hope plumbing goes reasonably smoothly.
David good to see 6 doors hanging.
Ron glad you had fun at proving grounds. Not surprised no pics allowed. Hope shopping successful. Nice moon pic
Kilroy if I remember correctly, there were hooks or equivalent bolted to tractor.
Kilroy lots of satellites up there. Good to hear progress on wheel removal. Just remember brass can work harden enough to mess with soft steel.
NHBX glad you had fun on tractor and got snow cleaned up. Hope you had good day.
Buppies Thanks for the heads up, had a fun line come through tonight. South around Fort Worth good size hail fell, golf ball size+. prayers sent.
Bill those lights are expensive to buy for aircraft. Start up meeting coming soon.
Mike good luck with moving forward on milk house.
Drew glad you have nice day for such a busy day. Hope all meetings were fun. Glad you got flag returned.
Don glad wife still negative. Hope you are feeling better.
Spike we had line of storms com through tonight, hail was farther south, Fort Worth then Cleburne areas. Nice C-5
Ken good to here you are sleeping better. Sorry to hear son hemo sick.
Frits glad less wind and PT for shoulder scheduled. Glad dog and another man kept bad person at bay.
Paul good to hear progress in shop, Sorry overhead door messed with you. Hope trips are safe and uneventful.
Kyle sorry to hear the price of the on Speed Queen, that is steep. Sorry to hear about your leak. Hope repair does not have problems.
Ted good to hear you are getting some moisture. Hope winter's last hoorah is a wet one.
RNG sorry to hear about the truck not starting. Hope it is an easy fix. Glad you got washing machine back up and running.
David hope door project at neighbor's went well
James good to hear tractor mobile again. Nice pics.
Thomas good luck with refusing shipment. If it works, let us know how to do it, I would love to refuse hail and tornadoes :)
RS sorry about ground hog trapped and back already. Hope progress good today.
Thomas glad good day at work, as much work as you have been doing on snow control not surprised at nap.
Kilroy anything is better than nothing. Waterproof grease would be a good choice. Glad you got wheels off.
RS glad plywood now manageable. Hope Subway was good.
Frits nice barn.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
If you look at the Eagle Claw setup, the arms only pivot up/down on those shafts,map there was no need for stabilizers. But, while it may have been a great setup for someplace like Michigan, and those deep mud fields and long straight runs,it wasn’t so great for the “textured” land of the Smoky Mountains, and trying to turn with an implement in the ground bent the arms. Once the Ferguson patents expired, Case and others went to the superior aystem, but my ‘62 doesn’t have those connection points. If you look act the pix i put up a couple days ago of the arms, you can see A) how the arms are bent, and B) how the ends are set up for shaft mounting and have zero side-to-side movement with that construction.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,444  
ronjhall said, "Yesterdays visit to GM proving grounds was very interesting. I did visual testing for a new self driving cruise control on a all electric Cadillac SUV. The people that I worked with were great. Also saw some vehicles that kind of makes the mind spin. May get to do it again this summer. No pictures. When I checked in at lobby. Security covered all the cameras on my iPhone with tape."

I once had a very interesting visit there myself when fleet management was part of my job. I'm too old to remember the exact date, so I'll let you guess. I recall seeing one vehicle on a lift that we'd never seen before and our guide simply said that he couldn't talk about that one. The next year that one came out at the dealerships as a slightly smaller van than Chevrolet had been selling in the past. It became a pretty popular vehicle.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,445  
Good Morning! Happy High Holy Day! ☘️

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

Currently 47.8F and raining.

Mrs has decided that we should not wait on me having enough time to mill enough lumber for a getaway cabin at the woodlot, so we stopped at the storage building place and looked at prefabs. We will be getting a 10x16 Barn-roof with loft and double swing doors. Now I have to do some site prep (remove 5 trees, some rudimentary grading, and a couple yards of gravel laid before the building gets delivered. The big limitation on which building we chose was the fact that our gateposts are 11’11” apart, and I do not want to pull/replac my fenceposts. . .

I managed to crack my hoe handle while trying to cut a drainage channel from a mucky spot on some heavier roots. 🫤

If the weather cooperates this weekend (🤪) I will try tackling that shift fork on the cultivator. I actually know where my standard antiseize is in my shed! Now I have to get to it. . .

time for another cuppa. Happy Friday!

I hope everyone has a safe healthy happy blessed day (and not too severe hangovers tomorrow morning)!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #166,446  
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I'm wearing green, but my wife will still pinch me.

50 going to 67, rain later/tonight.

Don, sorry to hear you're sick. I know you were looking forward to more seat time at the fun farm.

Mostly, funny how something invisible (wind) can really kick your butt.

Ron, glad you got to go experience the Proving Grounds/vehicles...so much fun, I bet.

Buppies, the Buc-ees news was a big story here. Hard to fathom how big they are.

Haven't heard about BEF leaving, but sure miss his posts.

Had a good day on the trail yesterday...first half up on Tar Jacket ridge with beautiful views, then the afternoon hiking along a beautiful stream through the remains of an old mountain community abandoned 100 years ago. Although it's getting to be the season for the early AT thru-hikers, I didn't see another soul during 5.5 hours on the trail.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,447  
ronjhall said, "Yesterdays visit to GM proving grounds was very interesting. I did visual testing for a new self driving cruise control on a all electric Cadillac SUV. The people that I worked with were great. Also saw some vehicles that kind of makes the mind spin. May get to do it again this summer. No pictures. When I checked in at lobby. Security covered all the cameras on my iPhone with tape."

I once had a very interesting visit there myself when fleet management was part of my job. I'm too old to remember the exact date, so I'll let you guess. I recall seeing one vehicle on a lift that we'd never seen before and our guide simply said that he couldn't talk about that one. The next year that one came out at the dealerships as a slightly smaller van than Chevrolet had been selling in the past. It became a pretty popular vehicle.
The Astro/Safari was a FANTASTIC vehicle and if they had still been making them when my Caprice wagon died I would have gotten one of those instead of the F150.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,450  

My guess would be Astro Van. 1985 to 2005. I had 5 of them for company vehicles.
You would not recognize the proving grounds today. They have added 15 large buildings along main road into grounds.
IMG_0869.JPG