Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #165,861  
29 and lots of frost going to 65. Heard the first gobbling of the year behind the house this morning before sunrise.

Kilroy, glad you got the cap off. See, talking to it sweetly instead of cussing works everytime.

Ron, it seems like the earwigs and ladybugs are everywhere and can squeeze into anything. Stinkbugs, too. Lotta snow.

Kyle, glad the med is helping. Reminds me I need to start checking my BP more often.

Split firewood and stacked yesterday and then got the blade trimmer out...started on second pull...Always a thrill to hear it come to life on the first or second pull. Cut all the old asparagus stalks, and a patch of briars and stalky weeds, some canna stalks, and a few volunteer weed trees. Nice big tarp full, twice, to pull to my brush pile. Wore myself out.

Drinking a nice Guatemala this morning. Time to make a pour-over cup for my wife, who I hear stirring in the bedroom.
The cussing was very much in my thoughts, though 😂🤣😂

/ Good morning!!!! #165,862  
The Ford 5.0 l coyote V8 has been a very durable engine. But they are having some troubles now with the 2020 models and Ford is having to replace some engines, they develop a knock. My buddy who has one has done a compression check on his personal vehicle with 80,000 miles and cylinder number 8 was substantially lower than the other seven. 7 cylinders were close to 300 PSI whereas the 1 cylinder was only around 230. It is sitting right now at the dealership awaiting a new engine with 88,000 MI. He only has warranty to 90,000 mi so he has to park it until Ford can get him a new motor. Another customer had to wait 7 months to get his new motor. My buddy is prepared to wait.
Ps, I would have chosen the V8 too naturally aspirated. But in the transit case, they only offer a naturally aspirated V6 or the twin turbo model. And the torque of the EcoBoost is unbelievable.
Too bad they killed off the 300 Straight 6 — that was a phenomenal engine.

/ Good morning!!!! #165,863  
52F - which is the high for the day - and sunny @ 16:30. Low this morning was 38F.

Up until the wee hours, was out working in the garage until about 06:00. Didn't get to sleep until 08:00.

Amazon just dropped the hose fittings to connect up belt/disc sander to dust collection system.

Always easy to know when someone has come down the driveway - that Little Squeak makes a bee line for underneath the couch ... she's a 'fraidy cat ... :LOL:

Got Wonderboard put up and screwed down yesterday.

Had The Woman run over to Lowes and pick up 5 J hooks for the dust collection hoses.

Did the testing on the Dust Deputy and was very pleased with the results. It appears to about 99% effective.

Was quite surprised at the amount of really fine dust in the Shop Vac when I initially opened it up to clean it out before the test:

IMG_2277 copy.jpg

If you're not collecting that then you're probably breathing it.

Comparison of the current filter (after an initial cleaning) and the original filter which I'm going to use for the test that had been cleaned previously:

IMG_2278 copy.jpg

Shop Vac after being emptied, with the pile of what came out of it sitting on the floor next to it. Pile of sawdust and debris is probably 6" to 8" high:

IMG_2279 copy.jpg

What made it into the Shop Vac - after sucking up the pile on the floor (and then some) through the dust collection system and Dust Deputy cyclone:

IMG_2280 copy.jpg

As you can see only some very fine dust and no large particles whatsoever.

It will be interesting to see to what degree this extends service period on the Shop Vac as far as filter cleaning goes.

In other news, I managed to get all the glue drips picked off the mahogany blank for the Forstner bit holder.

And modified/sanded the round piece of plywood for the Sky Hook™ so that it rotates 180+ degrees, sorted out the vacuum hose off the blast gate manifold for it, and got the small hose attached with zip ties.

Sky Hook™ has been activated and is now fully operational:

IMG_2281 copy.jpg

IMG_2283 copy.jpg

The good news on that is that the hose reaches the entirety of the workbench (pictured) on the north wall and probably 90% of the workbench on the west wall.

Also got the new work bench top cleaned off, a bunch of screws/fasteners sorted out and organized into one of the new Plano Stowaway cases, and a good start on cleaning off the workbench on the west wall.

Agenda for the rest of the day:

Probably do some research on thin-set mortar for the tile setting in the main bathroom.

Get end installed on hose for the belt disc sander.

Work on holder for Forstner bits.

Start design work on cabinets for new woodworking bench and router table.

Hope everyone had/is having a great Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #165,864  
Good Afternoon.

Church was good, as was the chilli lunch that followed, nice to see people (as i don't get out much)
Dog is outside
I think that I need a nap today

/ Good morning!!!! #165,865  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 16C and it's presently 22.8C, partly cloudy with wind gusts from the N to NE. There was 1mm in the gauge at 0900, however that was probably the tail-end of yesterday's thunderstorm.

One of the results of yesterday's storm was a rare high humidity that 'pumped' the temperature up to 32+C. We're definitely not used to that way down here in Tassie.

I don't know what I'll get up to today.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #165,867  
check, your movie didn't work for me. :(

Cleaned up a driveway today and scored a new customer. There is only two driveways on this road I don't do.
Just finished watching the St. Valentines Day massacre with Jason Robarts, again.

/ Good morning!!!! #165,868  
Good evening all. 49ºF for the start, mostly clear sky, light breeze. Strong winds today, partly cloudy sky, and high temp was 76ºF. Chapel to start day, the hot cereal for breakfast. Dash meal route today, lunch at Applebee's, watch videos and nap.
Bill hope you had a good day.
Ron sorry about the bug in the fuel lines. Glad you got plowing done. Hope NASCAR was good. Neat pic
Spike what is included in hay field renovation? Nice F-16.
Kilroy I hope you have success with walnut sap experiment.
NHBX glad wind did not show. Glad you just forgot to put it in 4wd. Hope clean up went well today.
Billy glad trimmer started on 2 pulls. sounds like you did a lot of trimming.
Thomas hope cleanup went well, And you can leave plow off pickup once removed. Nice pic
James glad 4Runner did good in snow. Interesting that front wheel drive people had more trouble, I had 2 Saturns with front wheel drive and they did better than rear wheel drive in snow.
Scotty hope sprinkler refurbish project wen smoothly.
James was able to download and watch video, thanks. Reminded me of a trip up I44 in Missouri after 8 inch thundersnow. Tractor trailers were of both sides like the buses in video.
Drew sorry you feel like you need to change Meetings. Discretion is the better part of being faithful.
Drew thanks for link
RNG sorry about the airhead changes. Sorry you are coming out empty on car and house searches.
Paul quite the stack of braces to install in speaker. Nice pics. Glad valve easy change out and adjustment to cover as well.
Frits hope ATT can help with Iphone.
Ken glad you found a good new resturant. Hope spray worked on stilt grass. ATT decided not to repair a tower out here, lost a lot of customers.
Ted sorry winds are back, and no precip. Glad pizzas and desrt good and GS time is priceless.
David glad you could work around rain. Hope trip to Lowe's was successful.
Gstrom they changed from wire when stell prices shot up in the 80's i think.
Dennis never had network port on computer go bad. Glad streaming works again. Glad coughing over. Sorry about ATT issues. Hope you find new diner for breakfast.
RS looks like great dust collection system. Glad Wonderboard up. Hope tile goes back up without much issues. Hope research for thin-set mortar was fruitful. Hope cabinet desgin moves along.
Scaredy glad you got out for a bit and Church was good, prayers sent
Randy(wag) sorry it got so warm on you.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #165,869  
Success trip to Lowes - sorta.

Called 1st thing this morning to tell them I would be arriving about 10. Got there just about 10 only to find out there was nobody there yet from Fullfillment. Eventually directed to go to a certain aisle where someone would help. It was a significant wait but eventually someone showed up, but without a clue as to my order. My friends and I decided we just pull it ourselves. 2 of the doors had my name on them. By the time we had them on the wagons an associate said the third was out back. While waiting I found another cart in the back with my name on it, contents matching my order. By then and unknown to me, one of my friends had decided he needed to talk to a manager. Shortly after getting to the loading area, 3 younger, stronger, helpful employees arrived to help with the loading.

We did have to stop for lunch in Waimea. Made for a longer day by the time we had unloaded.

IMG_0864.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #165,870  
David, looks like you will be busy awhile.