Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,492  
Pond is defrosted, but one of the two pumps is fried. Took that out and swapped the other to run the 'waterfall' through all 3 levels. I'll start researching pond pumps for a replacement. Both of these pumps are at least 20+ years old. Not surprised that one gave up.

Driveway drip zone frozen solid, even thought the ambient air temp was above 45° for at least 6 hours. Didn't hand water due to working on the pond. Didn't get to clean the truck either. Need to save projects for other days.....

Wifey was trying a couple different pizza dough recipes, for a thick crust sicilian. To me, both were delicious. One was made with bread flour, the other was 'all purpose' flour. The bread dough may have edged out the regular....
But.... I have never eaten a 'bad' pizza.... some are just better than others.

Time to go get a shower and relax.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,493  
The flexSeal is used on the bottom of the house shoes.
I uses shoe goo for a pair of my shoes when the sole came away from the shoe with a very temporary fix, threw the shoes away.
Thanks!
shoe goo never worked for me either.
next time I may try using the FlexSeal to glue the sole back onto the shoe. Guess it would be worth a try.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,494  
The MrCool linesets are also precharged. There is a seal over the ends that gets punctured when getting connected.

Thanks, that is what I was wondering, how much air is introduced while making the connection.

So if you decided to shorten the lines, you would have to connect, then evac the Freon, then cut and flare the line then vac and recharge.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,495  
Pond is defrosted, but one of the two pumps is fried. Took that out and swapped the other to run the 'waterfall' through all 3 levels. I'll start researching pond pumps for a replacement. Both of these pumps are at least 20+ years old. Not surprised that one gave up.

Driveway drip zone frozen solid, even thought the ambient air temp was above 45° for at least 6 hours. Didn't hand water due to working on the pond. Didn't get to clean the truck either. Need to save projects for other days.....

Wifey was trying a couple different pizza dough recipes, for a thick crust sicilian. To me, both were delicious. One was made with bread flour, the other was 'all purpose' flour. The bread dough may have edged out the regular....
But.... I have never eaten a 'bad' pizza.... some are just better than others.

Time to go get a shower and relax.

Can you pass on the pizza dough recipe, I want to try different one.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #162,497  
I would like to see this all done. How is the purging done on Mr Cool line sets? Aren’t the lines open to air when they are installed? My understanding the outdoor unit is precharged, and opening valve puts Freon in the line set.
With the MR Cool DIY units, the outside compressor, the lines and the inside unit all come precharged. The "quick" disconnect fittings on the lines are a special make before break fitting. Meaning that when you first start connecting the fittings, rubber seals on each fitting meet up and seal the air out. Then as you continue to tighten the fitting, it opens a valve and the refrigerant is allowed to flow. As long as you don't cut the lines, then you don't need a vaccum pump or any of the gauges. Just run the lines and connect them, wire the units up and you are good to go.
If you want to shorten the lines, then you need to cut the lines, put on new fittings and then evacuate the lines just like a standard AC install.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,500  
Lots of people sic with a flu report it is real bad. Stay home if you can the more places you go the greater your risk of infection... Be careful out there. Covid is not over by any measure.