Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,652  
M7040 I was pretty healthy until 2002 never really had any health issues until then. Ken skin cancers will continue probably until I die due to sun exposure in my teens and twenty’s wanting to be perfect copper tone baby. First surgery 2004 shoulder from 1973 injury

/ Good morning!!!! #189,655  
My last comment to Dr. was "you are not going to make a 21 year old out of a 81 year old". Maybe I am becoming a grumpy older man.
You, the patient, are ultimately in charge of your medical care. So you get to decide on your care ... no matter what they think.

Just barely below freezing now, but headed to a sunny 70F today!

Last Fall I built a 100ft stone retaining wall to create a planter in the front yard. Today I am planting 10 shrubs plus adding irrigation.

No goslings yet. I have a camera to watch mom and the nest she has sat on pretty much 24/7 for a month. I put a bucket of water out and she emerges every morning for a drink. The nest is well hidden but I will see goslings if they emerge.

Attachments

• Goose.jpg
    Goose.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 33
   / Good morning!!!! #189,656  
Discovered goslings from the Canadian Geese couple this morning. This couple has been coming every year for many years. How do we know (because they all look alike) they don't make a racket when walking close by even with Cody nearby.
One of them got injured and is hopping on one leg. Saw only one gosling so maybe some fight had taken place. They managed to fight off invading geese with a lot of noise and mock attacks. Always fun to watch them train the goslings to fly by running down the hill

/ Good morning!!!! #189,657  
Wife finally planted tea in one of the planter boxes.
Got garden all cleared out and ready to till
Was blown fuse for trailer taillights. Now I know, in future if it happens will swap one of the truck taillight fuses in an emergency. Ordered fuses, I know I have some somewhere but where.
Trimmed some tree limbs.
Snagglepuss ate another critter on the porch mat at 3am, left a gut pile. Then she showed up at barn and ate a mole while I was cleaning garden, left another gut pile there. I congratulated her on catching the critters.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,658  
Drew, I have been getting more and more Anti Dr. visits. Seems all they want to do test after test. Then prescribing pills to cure WHAT MAYBE WRONG. I shut down the Urologist. Then the Gastrologist. No more MRI's looking for something that is not there. Next I will be looking for a new Primary Care. Last visit got me diagnoses of suffering Depression. Because I mentioned my wife and Aunts had passed in the last 5 years during a loaded question to get this info. He also brought up a Scan that was taken 5 years ago that might show fuzzies on liver. Also says I need to be on Cholesterol and BP meds because my blood test show I am on borderline of test numbers. I did all these meds 7 years ago. All they did was make me feel sick. I have made it to almost 82 years old without any illnesses. My last comment to Dr. was "you are not going to make a 21 year old out of a 81 year old". Maybe I am becoming a grumpy older man.
Thank you very much for this post. I thought I was the only one who is doing this. The Doctors can’t believe that I would dare to question their wisdom.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,660  
Good Morning!!!! 51F @ 7:15AM back in Yankee Hill. Sunny. High 79F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Good luck finding a doctor, Ron, any kind of doctor. A while back I spent a month on and off looking for a new PCP, and gave up. Maybe I'm better off without 'em?

Hope you're turning the corner, Buppies. You too, David.

Everything was going fine on the trip yesterday until the last leg when some jerk decided to weed eat at the side of the road and launch a rock that cracked the windshield. This is the second windshield so far, and the first one cost $1200 to fix. Thousand dollar deductible on the old insurance, but the new insurance has zero deductible. Still a PITA to get it fixed.

Not that it would have done any good, but do any of you have a dashcam recommendation?

Gate battery was dead when I got home, but I had a spare and tools in the van and swapped it out. Gonna need to figure out why the solar panel isn't charging the battery, though.

Battery in the side-by-side was dead, too. It's on a charger now.

Found an open breaker on the circuit that powers the Starlink and network. A storm came through last Sunday, and the battery in the UPS that powers them was flat, too. Lot of good the solar power/backup battery/generator did.

Emergency warning radio was on the Fritz, too.

Went to wheel the small compressor back into the garage and the plug fell off the cord. Tried to fix it and the clamp screw to one of the leads was stripped. Stole a screw out of a light switch to fix it.

Got an eight hundred and some dollar bill for the van registration.

Got a hundred and fifty dollar check for a class action settlement. Doesn't even begin to put a dent in the registration bill. Gonna have to make another trip to the money tree in the back yard.

Got a letter from the "fire safe committee" telling me they want to inspect my defensible space. I don't mind, but the wording read like I didn't have a choice, and I find that offensive.

After watching John Wick 3, I guess I don't have it so bad...