Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,921  
second flower planter built, went easily, used lots of glue this time.
4100 steps, big day for me
ready for the glue factory

gorgeous weather out, but my eyes are itching, headed to shower to clean it all off

/ Good morning!!!! #188,922  
Kyle, sounds like you son is a multi-sport athlete. Glad he is active....and that your daughter will be working with good benefits. Glad Most wash their hands in that restaurant! 😁 ...not many apples...they share cedar-apple rust with the many cedars in the area...I tried the spray regimen to fight it, and decided the apples at Costco taste better. 😋
Yes Billy, in 8th grade he was the primary running back on the FB team, made the A team in basketball (because of being easily coached but BB his weakest sport), track team (last year's 7th grade district champ in the 400m dash, this year runner up in the 800m), and now tennis. His tennis game is decent considering how little experience he has. He learned top spin from his ping pong game, but I've advised against playing PP while playing tennis (not good to mix racket sports). He won last Friday in tennis, but I warned him he will get beat badly when he faces a kid who's been playing year round. We want our schools to offer year round tennis. Might talk to the administration. He is supposed to play next Tuesday, but they have a standardized test on Wednesday and the principal might not let them go. He has aced every test. Now he has too many girls wanting his attention, but fortunately, he's still shy that way. I told him GF's will just bring drama into his life at this point with the way immature teen girls/boys act.

Big news is momma goose has a nest right next to my barn. Either mom or dad are sitting on it 24/7. So in a few weeks I should have little goslings following mom around!
That sounds cool, but wondering how protective the parents will be?
My daughter's mix breed ducks are already about 12" tall. She and her boyfriend saw a low flying bald eagle go over our place. I have never seen one here yet.

Congratulations on the upcoming bundle of energy.

My wife and I are slightly behind your schedule. After tragically losing our beloved Golden Retriever in December, we are now in contract for a new GR puppy. It is scheduled to be born around April 17.

We are looking forward to having a new puppy in our home, but I currently refer to it as:

"Countdown to chaos!" 😃

Hope we each get a great pup ...
Billy and Plowhog, glad to hear y'all are getting new pups. Countdown to chaos is a good analogy. Like having a little baby that can get into anything, getting into stuff. Chewing up everything.

Got my expanded info sheet off to granddaughter to assist her decision making. Sadly, she has gone from a toddler who could befriend a Walmart cashier by the time the receipt was printed to a teen whose best friend is a screen. The other side of screen being content, not other kids. She does have a sorta boy friend, but the parents don’t think it’s serious. Of course this comes from the Mom, who we just recently learned, had a dating pool of 1, our son, after high school. Much to our chagrin, Mom has stifled granddaughter much as her own upbringing. Haven’t given up hope.
It sounds like coming to your place would be a great thing for her. But with a lot of "learning about each others' ways". Something that time spent well can fix.

But it does often afford the luxury of rescheduling. Especially around weather.
Because of my situation, I won't get to retire until maybe 71ish. But I love my job, so most of it is not work, but tiring.

Popgadget, I see where those cnc plasma tables are made from stainless. This should be a great thing. I'd like to hear how the table holds up over time. Our steel table, after years of sitting, was quite rusted out (just the slats), and there was no water in it. We took out the slats, cleaned the tank and coated it with POR paint after using the rust remover.

Prayers for Israel, our team, our nation, and Ukraine.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,923  
Popgadget, I see where those cnc plasma tables are made from stainless. This should be a great thing. I'd like to hear how the table holds up over time.

Only the water table is stainless. I used Borax to raise the PH of the water above 9, which supposedly won’t promote rust.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,925  
80F and starting to cloud up @ 18:30, Severe Thunderstorm Watch issued a bit ago for Summit County.

And Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued just to the east.

LWS reports that the high temp today reached 81.9F ... :oops:

Also reports that we've had 0.31" of rain so far since midnight.

Heading down to around 50F for the overnight low.

Asked The Woman to just pull back a little of the straw over the strawberries and have a peek to see how they were doing when She went around back yesterday.

Next time I looked out the window, She had the entire bed almost all raked off ... creating the new problem of "plants uncovered ... but no fence or covering to protect them" .. 🤬

When I commented about that She replied well then I "needed to get busy and get those row covers ordered" ... 🤬

Fortunately, I remembered that we had several old (but never used) rolls of material out in the garage from long ago, one of which turned out to be some white Vigoro netting with around 1/8" mesh.

So we stuck that over them for the time being.

The good news out of all that is that, for the most part, the plants have made it through the winter. And I'm sure that they will take off now that they can get some sun.

After that was done I got hopper feeder and two suet feeders refilled, also scattered some for the ground feeders. Tube feeders now need refilled.

Then I worked on coring the parts of the front lawn where I had mowed. Finished that up and went around back and started working on that area. Got stuck a couple of times - still too wet - but was able to get unstuck and came back up to the house.

Woman was looking out the window after I came in and announced "We have deer out back ... get the gun !"

So I literally did just that ... and then went out around the side of the house and fired off a couple of rounds of birdshot in their direction.

Some of them didn't scatter after the first shot ... but they sure took off after the second one ... :devilish:

Spent some time last night working on a large Menards order, will finish that up and get it placed this evening for pick up tomorrow.

Amazon dropped off the special fertilizer for the palm tree which I ordered last night a bit ago, the other (previous) order just showed up, on a different truck apparently.

Hope everyone is having a decent Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,926  
Good afternoon! 81˚F south wind. It was a pickle ball day. First time we used the app to reserve a court and fist good games after knee surgery. I play with my right hand so left shoulder took a break. One of our balls went over to the next court and the couple there told us we were playing with indoor balls. We ended up playing a game of doubles with them and then went to Academy and got some Outdoor balls. The outdoor balls have more holes and smaller holes than Indoor balls. There are a total of 29 pickle ball courts in 3 locations in the hood and they are all outdoors.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,927  
43F light rain.

Steady day cleaning up limbs branches and no mercy for the rake,pillow time will come early tonight.

Plans for the evening recliner share bowl ice cream maybe numb it movie.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,928  
Good Evening ,
It took 3 tries adjusting the kerf width in the CAM software to get it within .001”.
Paul, I had no idea that you could get that kind of accuracy out of that machine ! I would think that the bore surface would have to be excellent to get that accuracy!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,929  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 10.2C and it's presently 24C! Clear & calm.

Despite the beautiful day outside, today will be taken up with making a few phone calls organising a meeting this Saturday evening. Other than that, nothing else is planned.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,930  
Only the water table is stainless. I used Borax to raise the PH of the water above 9, which supposedly won’t promote rust.
I didn't have time to tell the rest of the story, so I bought all new slats, and we also painted them with POR. Then I bought the special water treatment and conditioner from Lincoln Electric, so our water is red. But now that we've been making a few cuts, the water gets under the POR and attacks it voraciously making these "rust bubbles" that stick out about 3/4" from the slats. I wish they were stainless. One more thing, some of our troubles are maybe because the material on top of the slats is not getting a good ground to the height controller. It is grounded to the table, but the POR is making the grounding erratic. We installed a 2nd ground wire and clamp it directly to the material too.

But it is still acting erratically.
When we had the table empty and reasonably clean, I drilled a couple of holes and installed 2 bulk head valves to facilitate draining better, but I should have put rubber plugs in them to keep the dross from getting in them.

Good afternoon! 81˚F south wind. It was a pickle ball day. First time we used the app to reserve a court and fist good games after knee surgery. I play with my right hand so left shoulder took a break. One of our balls went over to the next court and the couple there told us we were playing with indoor balls. We ended up playing a game of doubles with them and then went to Academy and got some Outdoor balls. The outdoor balls have more holes and smaller holes than Indoor balls. There are a total of 29 pickle ball courts in 3 locations in the hood and they are all outdoors.
Good deal. Here's what happened to my son and I. We went to the city park's tennis courts. They have turned 1 court into a corn hole tournament area, and the other 1 has pickleball court lines painted over the tennis court. They had lowered the net for pickleball. I got my tools and raised it back up to 36". There were 2 girls there wanting to play tennis after we were done. The pickle ballers can lower it quite easily now that I reset the cable clamps to an intermediate position, but they will still need something to turn the 3/4" nut.

I can see where pickle ball is a good sport if you can't run around like Novak Djokovic (me included).