Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,961  
Because I have a pump in the fill port, the driver takes the whistle out and fills the tank according to his eyeball or the gauge. All of the drivers always fill this way. All of the time with the exception of this time my tank has been full when they leave according to the gauge. There is a step ladder near the tank and they can move it to where they are comfortable filling the tank. I move the ladder in winter time so I can plow closer to the tank. Summer time the ladder stays against the tank. Got a call this morning from the owner of the company and he will have the crew that is working about a mile from me drop by and dip the tank. The tank right now is at the level it should be in June, meaning that in June it will only be about 1/2 full. NOT acceptable! I want it at least 3/4 full going into summer. Condensation is water, which being heavier than oil will fall to the bottom of the tank where it will start to rot out the tank. I don't need a rotten oil tank going into my retirement years.
It is a 238 US gallon tank. Vertical with a rounded bottom and top about 6' long. The line going into the house comes off the bottom, which helps to burn off the water mixed with the oil. The furnace doesn't care about a little water in the fuel, but my Kioti does care.
Your lucky, many fuel delivery companies around here would not fill your tank. They will not touch a ladder. And an auto shutoff nozzle will not fill a tank full without playing around, and they would just walk away from someone being that fussy about the tank fill.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,962  
63°F and 2.89 inches rain. Yup more wet

Off to vet this morning to drop off Simba the cat. Seems to be a bit off, maybe UTI?

Also need take my CO2 tank for beer cooler to get decertified.

Then it will likely be another trip back to town to pick up Simba. Most a particularly efficient day

Prayer for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #186,963  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct, 39 going to 46 maybe ! Cold and damp with light rain now, supposed to let up early afternoon and then another round tonite !

Kyle, great news on son !

Frits, glad son is in the hospital! With proper care !

Don, sounds like cruise was very good, enjoy !

Bill, if I don’t have enough fuel on the truck to fill the tank, I write TRO on the delivery ticket ! Truck Ran Out !

Lou, by law we are not supposed to deliver to anyone without a proper functioning vent alarm aka whistle ! We do occasionally bend the rules, but I end up putting my ear to the vent pipe, and soon as you hear the gurgle, **** it down ! Or bad things will happen ! 😉

PopG, beautiful work on the speakers !

Hope all have a good day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #186,965  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct, 39 going to 46 maybe ! Cold and damp with light rain now, supposed to let up early afternoon and then another round tonite !

Kyle, great news on son !

Frits, glad son is in the hospital! With proper care !

Don, sounds like cruise was very good, enjoy !

Bill, if I don’t have enough fuel on the truck to fill the tank, I write TRO on the delivery ticket ! Truck Ran Out !

Lou, by law we are not supposed to deliver to anyone without a proper functioning vent alarm aka whistle ! We do occasionally bend the rules, but I end up putting my ear to the vent pipe, and soon as you hear the gurgle, **** it down ! Or bad things will happen ! 😉

PopG, beautiful work on the speakers !

Hope all have a good day ! 🙏
My suppliers usually work good with me also. I'm using the same ones that the farm uses usually and that is 1000 to 1500 gallons or more each time and then I usually take a 1000 gallons at a time, this year it was only 600 gallons of #2 and 100 gallons of #1. But one supplier has said that they will not fill my elevated tank because it requires climbing a ladder. So I'll use my portable 300 gallon to top that off when needed.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,966  
Went in town for a lunch date with my wife. Tried out a place she is going to get to cater a church event. They also serve breakfast and lunch and have a few tables. I had a burgerlicious it's a burger topped with cheesesteak, and then onion tomato and lettuce. Came with chips, and I also had a chili. Not a cheap date, but it sure was delicious.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,967  
63°F and 2.89 inches rain. Yup more wet

Off to vet this morning to drop off Simba the cat. Seems to be a bit off, maybe UTI?

Also need take my CO2 tank for beer cooler to get decertified.

Then it will likely be another trip back to town to pick up Simba. Most a particularly efficient day

Prayer for all
Be safe
Have a great day
hope simba is OK.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,968  
Good Morning!!!! 61F @ 11:00AM. Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. High 63F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Got the liquor cabinet mounts reinforced and all the boxes for it unloaded. Started in mounting a shelf in the garage, but it needed to be cut down, so I'll finish that today. Then repair a couple of other cabinets, and get those mounted, too.

Somewhere in there I have to get to the grocery store, pick up an order at Lowes, and drop off my ballot. So much for Tuesday...

/ Good morning!!!! #186,969  
Called the supplier and he is sending someone to check the gauge against the volume in the tank. I have had problems with these guys before. We will see.

40 years ago my company delivered bunker oil to apartment buildings. The senior driver was dumping a load 6,000 gallons at one call and John Q Citizen walked up to him and asked how long he would be. The driver answered that he was almost done, about another ten minutes. The citizen says that was good because he didn't think the basement would hold much more. Seems that the fill pipe he was using had been disconnected from the tank and nobody had decommissioned the pipe. That was a big cleanup, but not our guys' problem. He was just doing what the fuel company told him.

When I moved my tank out of the basement the first thing I did was pull the pipes and cement the holes over.

You have to walk right past my 200 gal tank to get to the back of the house and there is no evidence of a fill hole ever being there.

This is a small town and the competition is with propane, so the more customers they have the better for them. Propane and natural gas in town, propane and furnace oil in the outskirts. The only propane I will EVER have on my property is 2 20lb BBQ tanks.

I had a set of concrete blocks for a two step up to the oil tank, but they get in the way when I clear the snow away so I took them out and stationed a FEATHER LITE fiberglass ladder near the tank. In 12 years of using this set up this driver is the ONLY one that has shorted me on the fuel.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,970  
I had a dead pine blow partially over, onto another tree. So, JD to the rescue. Pulled it out and pushed onto the burn pad.
before.jpg
done.jpg
during.jpg