Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,801  
31°F and clear skies this morning, got up to 47° today. Wind out of the north made it a little chilly.

Wife finally started back into training this week. Seems everyone decided to forego any dog training until February. She was starting to worry about the lack of business. Now, of course, she's swamped again. So it goes.

Business is slow at my job right now as well. Had to lay off a couple of guys on Friday. They were not the most productive people we had, so it wasn't a hard choice. Still, never liked doing that to someone. The Production Manager at our other Illinois facility had to lay off four people, so I didn't have it as bad as him. Our Mexico facility is downstream from us, so they'll be in the same pickle by the end of the month, too. Hope it doesn't last long.

The pizza - and mozzarella sticks, and toasted ravioli - were from Imo's, Bruce. So yes, it was delicious. Our favorite St Louis style pizza.

Great pics here as usual.

Good evening, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,802  
Good Morning.
27° and clear. High of 45 today.

Yesterday was a travel day, here’s my view from 45,000 feet
Our routing took us over a lot of states in a short distance, can you name them all?

Today will start with breakfast with the professor, then some shop time, probably go reset the airbag light on my friends Highlander after he replaced some parts. I should check to see if it’s dry enough to pull the Progessive mower around to work on the rotten deck.
Got a call to play music with group I sat in with last week, so that will be my evening.
Not much else to report, be interesting to see how the day actually plays out.
Popgadget, I really enjoy your aviation photos. What might seem normal to you, is really cool to me!

I was also a big John Prine fan, as well as Steve Goodman. Saw them together many times in venues so small my feet were on the stage.
A Poco fan as well, but never saw them Iive. Interesting that two ex-Poco bassists were in the Eagles. (Meisner and Schmidt), in the same order that they were part of Poco.
Saw POCO open for the Little river band.
Trying to remember if Dan Fogelburg was in the mix...

GA, SC, NC, TN, VA, KY, WV, OH
Add FL to start of list???

Last week, doc warned about side effects from having anesthesia during surgery. He was right- 95% of the time all is good. 5% of the time it feels like someone stuck a knife in my shoulder. Fortunately that sensation only lasts for 20 mins or so, but hoooooo weeeeee ..... while it happens! It should lessen and go away with time-- the sooner the better.

Prayers for all facing medical challenges .... mine are minor compared to some.
Prayers for continued healing. Glad storm didn't topple too much.

L4N. glad tree top missed!

Made a Costco run for my wife...got there as they opened...definitely a Super Bowl shopping spree going on, but a friendly crowd, and the self-checkout line moved with amazing speed. She was with her mom. Then split some more firewood, filled up a pallet, swapped it for an empty one, and brought dried firewood up onto the porch. I'm not letting these days in the 60s fool me into an early spring. I feel more snow coming.

Son/Dil/and granddaughter came in last night from NC, and son and DIL from NY got here about 4am...They like to leave well after rush hour. Other son and DIL coming over at lunch time as well as BIL and family...finally having family Christmas after 2 false starts due to illnesses. We had to replace some of the stocking items because they passed their expiration date. 😁

Had a nice family gathering yesterday. Should do more often.
Was hoping it would be a good gathering. Glad y'all got to visit.

Needing to build a pole for a basketball backboard for our church parking lot. Buddy bought a metal square tube 4" x 4" x 20' w/1/8" wall thickness. He's already cut it at 12', leaving an 8' length. He's drilled some holes in the 12' length to mount the backboard. I told him it would be great if we could offset it back, that I could sawcut angles and weld it together.

something like this in mind:
Screenshot 2024-02-12 213809.jpg

Ron, love the pics. Glad your feeling better, but I can only guess you're used to going on 27F walks.

Temps are falling here, down to 42F here at 9:45pm.

On Saturday we had a 12-15 minute flash flood. .57" in 12-15 minutes here at my house. Things flooded like when Harvey hit us, but as it stopped, it drained off within about 15 minutes. We live on a slight slope on high ground.

Pond was already brim full, so it all went downstream.

Rich, beautiful. I see why you paid to have it painted. Fantastic job overall. Wondering what the redline is with that long stroke?

LS, very tough news on the BIL. Prayers for the family.

Hope everyone has a blessed day. Prayers for healing.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,803  
Hope your planning on some lap time for Snaggypuss BEF.
Snagglepuss did come around today, so fed her. She really just wanted in. Pebbles has been on me some, and tiger has layed on the lazyboy footrest where he likes to lay between my feet. Pebbles is laying on my backpack right now, I think she wants me to go to bed.

spent the afternoon going thru my pictures. over 800 of them. found out the app to move them from the phone skipped some. don't know why, I clicked to transfer all of feb. I transfered again to another directory, and it got all of them this time. I went thru 10 at a time to make sure.
Haven't gotten to my mail yet, looks like tomorrows project.

West coast north of LA. Someone on here lives up that way somewhere..

IMG_4189.JPG

They do make a nice burger in Hawaii.
IMG_4173.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #185,805  
Good evening all. 37ºF for the start, .1 inch in gauge, overcast, windy. Brisk wind gusting to 25mph, overcast morning, partly cloudy afternoon, and high temp was 52ºF. Make coffee, start fire in insert, then putter. Did get some bills paid, missed mail delivery. Did get bike ride in, no nap, got elected to VFD board. Fell asleep in reclined chair couple short stretches after dinner.
Dennis good to hear you made it home. Can't read the tail number, but not US registry.
Randy(wag) that is warm. I don't go out much in that heat, was a hermit most of last Summer.
Helo sorry about saws not cooperating. Glad Saturday went well for the grumpy old man ;). Good to hear teenage madness dissipating. Hope new helps drum up business
Ron Glad you were able to start chipping, hope you got finished today. 2 bird pic neat.
NHBX and what amount you end with will be different than any forecast.
Mike hope you get your drill bit. Sorry I was hoping for KC.
Ken Glad trim progressing in basement. Good to hear you all had fun at SB parties.
Frits hope driveway survives rain till pond overflow gets fixed. Hope diet change goes ok. Nice you found some horizontal surfaces again :) Poor children!! prayers for their recovery.
Drew good to hear propane heater working well, but eating a lot of propane. Glad you can help out your friend.
Thomas hope you and equipment ready for snow.
Paul sorry no organization to spare parts. Sorry about the assembly issues, hope the spindles are good now. Have fun with needle scaler. Sorry lunch not so good. Hope breakfast went well.
Plowhog glad more snow for snowpack and you don't have to drive in it. Nice hawk pic.
James glad you are happy with outcome. Good to hear good sleep.
RNG glad trailer mostly unloaded. Hope you can find bin that fit in cabinet. hope 2nd time a charm on trampoline
Buppies prayers sent.
Frits neat library pics
Ted hope snow melt is soaking in. Hope honey=do jobs will get you out of dog house. I was surprised you got more ash with oak, I burn mostly oak and get less ash than elm or maple.
Ted hope that is easy cabinet to make.
David glad you enjoyed game in spite of outcome. Hope good HH.
Mike good to hear milk house almost done.
Drew good luck with the bigger tanks.
Dennis great pic. Which island?
Helo yup without figures it is just meaningless.
Phil glad you are ready for snow. Good to hear good results from colonoscopy. Cute cupcake :) Interesting crankshaft :) Takes about an afternoon to wear off.
Scott(vt) Sorry about the call in interfering with you real work :).
Don I don't get the "plates" either.
Drew sorry about getting declined on the bigger tanks. Hope you can work out what you need with out too much expense.
Thomas sorry you will miss out on snow ;) Sorry no sheds.
RS good to hear new fridge getting prepped for service. Hope cabinets come down without much fight.
Scott(vt) sorry truck ended any chance of finishing the legs before snow is gone.
Ted sorry coffee pot not working. Glad you have a backup. Dinner does sound good.
PJ haven't had toasted ravioli for a long time. Good to hear wife's training business picking up sorry about work being slow.
Kyle good luck with backboard install. Glad you got some rain. Sorry more of it did not soak in.
Dennis nice pics :)
Dennis I like him too.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,808  
Morning all!
Up to early with a sinus issue!
Weather guesser's now say the storm will miss us and only be 1 to 3 if that. Yah!
Looks like Boston area will get it instead. Also Connecticut! Look out scott-vt! Now I know why you moved the lathe and put the truck away.
Nothing planned for today. Depending on how I feel might play in the shop.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,809  
Coffee is done brewing. 25° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 36° with cloudy skies. Got all limbs run threw chipper yesterday. Had a good walk with Sassy. Today she goes to the groomer. While she is there will stop at TSC and see what I do not need.
n3KKW9G.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.