Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,001  
Besides an eyesore, I wonder what all pitfalls of a huge solar farm exude? is it photovoltaic? Or mirrors heating vessels for steam?

There is a huge difference in operation.

Basically, as a business, they need to find the cheapest land they can get. They should NOT get tax incentives.
The paper just said 588 acres of solar panels.
Are you off today? Holiday or weather?

The tax incentives are given by elected officials. I'm curious to see how they vote.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,002  
IMG_3076.jpeg

Saw this on my to to get meds this morning. Don’t go that way as often, so not sure if it came down Saturday or Sunday. Someone had cut the top off where it was probably in the road.
IMG_3079.jpeg

It wasn’t the healthiest looking tree to start with.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,003  
This is total BS. You need to apologize to the GM group and stop posting your political agenda here.
Best for me. Goodbye TBN Good Morning thread.
I think Ron hit it square on. I don't intend to leave the GM thread but I will object to the posts of those who insist on discussing the political topic of US monetary/military support for Ukraine and attempting to advocate for increased aid for Ukraine. It's a can of worms not for GM. They should start a thread of their own about that.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,004  
wow, everything is big in Texas
588 acres of panels.
apparently the second largest solar panel farm is also in Texas, Upton Co,
called the Roadrunner, operational for about three years now, totally 497MW.
that is a lot of juice.

always seems to be a matter of lesser evils.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,006  
25° been real light snow all day. Weather app shows it starting at 3 pm.
Decided to hack on the tree with the battery chainsaw. Got most of it done before batteries got too low but, I have never charged the batteries since new, and used it at the lot and on other trees here, including trimming forsythia, so I’m pretty impressed.
IMG_3082.jpeg
IMG_3080.jpeg

I could have used the other set of batteries, but why rush it.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,007  
wow, everything is big in Texas
588 acres of panels.
apparently the second largest solar panel farm is also in Texas, Upton Co,
called the Roadrunner, operational for about three years now, totally 497MW.
that is a lot of juice.

always seems to be a matter of lesser evils.
The difference is that there is very little reason to object to it in Upton County. Where this one is going is a much different area.

I wonder about the scheme behind this one near Don. I have some questions about it.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,009  
The difference is that there is very little reason to object to it in Upton County. Where this one is going is a much different area.

I wonder about the scheme behind this one near Don. I have some questions about it.

This is not close to me anymore, but it is close to some my friends that live on FM 696. The tax incentives will affect all in the county and the benefits to the county are not mentioned.