Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,882  
The greenhouse looks really nice. Looks to be a kit that you assembled and an electric heater
it was a kit and it took three of us all day to put it together ,but it was worth it.
that's a 30k propane heater in there, with hose run five feet to left outside into garden shed, which
was also propane heated, all drawing from 1000 gallon tank. I don't think electric would get hot enough in there unless
I used a larger 240V heater.

I would put a greenhouse right next to garage on the sunny wall, so I'd have access to electric but not much.
Still would need propane.

I could fit 2400 plants in there at a time. I did three shifts of that or about 7000 plants
might need to ratchet that down a bit now.......... ;)
I would definitely go a size larger next time.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,883  
Buffalo is hit hard and as many know the big game is cancelled. About 30+ miles north where I'm located other than stupid winds and -6C we barely have a sprinkle.
Because of the wind the furnace is working a bit harder and the sump pump is still cycling frequently from all the rain we had during the week.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,884  
We may be hunkered down for a while because people here don't know how to drive on ice.
We got them also here.
When we come across them well into ditch they will tell you had in 4WD,my reply 4WD only send you further off the road in these conditions and good chance won't help you get out.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,885  
We're currently at 28 with temps to fall and winds to pick up. By nightfall we should be in the teens. Snow squalls with up to 2 inches each time will be going thru all day. Nice New England weather. I'll be hiding out in the wood shop with the heat on. Latest project is a couple of tea lights made of Ash with green ink applied.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
IMG_7354.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #183,887  
Good Morning. We are finally coming out of the cold spell in Southern CA. It was T shirt weather yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours. Warming to 65 and 70º in the next few days.... 68-72º is normal for us this time of year. Been cold and windy for 2 weeks. Hope this weather finds all of you frigid friends soon.
Started trimming the Palm trees yesterday and ended up in the shop building a slip on work platform for the tractor bucket... after I found myself climbing onto the top of the bucket to cut the dead fronds. I ended up making a 2x2 diamond plate platform that hooks onto the chain hook on the bucket top edge with a support that goes in the bucket. It worked well and I got the job finished using the new battery chainsaw.
Stay safe and warm out there

/ Good morning!!!! #183,889  
-16F this morning, less wind though. Dog didn't stay out long. I don't know the term for this sunrise, but there is an extra light shaft poking up. More pronounced than the pic shows. Cool looking.
Jan 14 2024.jpg

Last edited: