Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,771  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 41° with heavy for this morning. Heading to 47° with cloudy skies. Got another .21" of rain. Got shop and barn cleansed up and tools put today. Christmas Eve family get together today.
DYh4w5X.jpg

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,772  
38 outside high in low 50s pacific air

Notice how sodamo is getting so wet as long as he does we will in the US

Christmas eve is upon us getting here quicker every year. Wife and I did a lot of nothing yesterday she enjoyed. Did go to Walmart for two week shopping supplies

Walnut is my favorite wood followed by wild cherry

riptides said things going on will not be here for a while

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #182,773  
good morning all
a warmer 36 going up to 48 today in clouds and some morning rain.

headed over to step brother's home this morning for xmas cheer and coffee, and thankfully will
unload the two pound Danish coffee cake I was given. Then tonight go to MIL's nursing home where family will
meet for traditional Christmas Eve lasagna. For years they had Stouffer's lasagna and it's pretty bad, way too salty for me.
Last few years they got smarter and found some takeout lasagna that was much better.

I hope everyone has some quality time with family

/ Good morning!!!! #182,774  
I have a question about banana plugs.
my understanding is they are built to expand outwards and firmly grip the inside of a tube.
I have speaker connectors that would allow, if the cable hole is fully exposed, the banana plug to go inside that hole
and then be tightened by the nut crushing down on side of banana plug. That seems like it will work, but not the way intended plus
might dent the plug.
so....is it allowable to screw down on a banana plug or is that what they are trying to avoid?
Crutchfield sells speaker cables with banana plugs on both ends as their primary speaker cable.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,776  
Good morning, the low is 29 and the high going to 43°F. Wind E 5 mph. 30% chance of drizzle.

We gotta nip into town today, mainly for an apple for in the turkeys cavity along with the stuffing. A nice Granny Smith or Spy would do.
We don't eat apples in this house, mainly because there are other means of getting our vitamin C that aren't as hard a apples. (zero teeth)

Evidently the house fly problem in this area was bad this past fall. I am not the only one that has had a huge fly problem. In previous years the electric fly zapper in the kitchen handled the flies well, but not this year. All 6 litter trays have D-earth mixed into the litter as well as we are using a 50/50 mixture of 70% rubbing alcohol + water and a tablespoon of dawn soap. Mixed in a squirt bottle and sprayed directly on the fly from about 4 to 6" away and that dispatches them PDQ. Within 5 minutes they are dead. The soap messes with their wings and they cannot fly, so, as they are walking on the table/floor or whatever flat surface they are on, just swat them.

Y'all have a safe Christmas Eve, eh?

/ Good morning!!!! #182,778  
Happy Christmas Eve!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

28F going to 60s allegedly, clouding up as day progresses.

low-key day yesterday, other than dogs going up too woodlot. Howlin‘ Harry put on a full operatic performance but at least he wasn’t pulling, I guess he remembered being in timeout from his last walk.

Today is some last minute household puttering, then traditional fish dinner — no meat on Christmas Eve!!

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe festive blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,779  
I have a question about banana plugs.
my understanding is they are built to expand outwards and firmly grip the inside of a tube.
I have speaker connectors that would allow, if the cable hole is fully exposed, the banana plug to go inside that hole
and then be tightened by the nut crushing down on side of banana plug. That seems like it will work, but not the way intended plus
might dent the plug.
so....is it allowable to screw down on a banana plug or is that what they are trying to avoid?
Crutchfield sells speaker cables with banana plugs on both ends as their primary speaker cable.

There is no reason to use a banana plug if the connector on your amplifier will accept the speaker wire directly. The banana plug would just add another connection and potential failure point. The only advantage of using a dual banana plug to go into properly spaced binding posts is that it allows the removal and rearrangement of equipment. That type of speaker connection has been completely replaced by Speakon connectors originated by Neutrik in the pro audio world. I don’t think they have much presence in the audiophile domain, as they are not esoteric looking.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,780  
29F cloudy good dusting of snow more coming around late morning might reach 40.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
While setting near burning brush last evening 4 deer walk with 30' checking out,they were some surprise when they saw me setting there. :)

Plans for today... check game cams,do little cooking,watch football most of all keep low profile.

Enjoy your day all.