Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,891  
30F cloudy.

Been good Friday 13th putter day, hoping between warm wind and rain would melt ice on the steep part of driveway...nope,afternoon went to pit got load grit and sanded heavy whole driveway plus,temps over night low 20's.

Feet up and good movie should do it until pillow time.

Enjoy your evening all.

Better than shoveling by hand to fill the pickup. (y)

Attachments

• 1-13-23.jpg
    1-13-23.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 64
   / Good morning!!!! #162,892  
My next older brother retired today. It’s been 2 weeks already for me.
I had a slow start to the day, Did fry me a couple eggs for breakfast.

This afternoon I started on finishing some electrical work in the basement. Had to run a new wire to a box I had forgotten to connect, had trouble getting wire down a wall with drywall on it, but the corner isn’t mudded yet so unscrewed corner bead and the end of drywall and slid wire in behind by pulling it out a hair.
IMG_7615.JPG

There are 4 basement boxes I never connected to this circuit.

Going to put a junction box in the basement ceiling, and fish another wire down from the family room above. This will be a new outlet in wall next to my lazyboy. Hope to get that in tomorrow but need to pick up an old work box. Think I’ll put in a double.
Pellet stove fired up.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,893  
Good Morning.
It’s 52 which is going to be the high temp for the day. It won’t make it to freezing though. Grey skies will give way to some sun.
Yesterday was a damp grey day with on and off drizzle that only amounted to .2 inches.

Yesterday kept me moving, to the point I forgot to check in here. Takes a while to catch up with only one day absence. Basically the first half of the day was spent dealing with a non compliant airport tenant, they were well intentioned, but Ill informed. I think I have them on the right path now.

The real frustration of the day was dealing with Verizon. I decided to upgrade my fiber service from 150/150 to a gigabit service including mesh routers and get rid of our 5 set top boxes and go to streaming service for TV. Effectively slashing our bill by 70%.
They sent the equipment for self install, but my ONT was different than the ones described, so the reset procedures didn’t work. I ended up removing the back up battery and unplugging it to force a restart. Then the router wouldn’t connect, and they didn’t send the additional two mesh units. It is impossible to actually speak to a human at Verizon, but eventually was able to get a chat started.
I got the router going eventually, but trying to explain that they sent me a DVR/set top box that I didn’t want and was missing two mesh units fell on deaf ears.
Apparently my service change over is scheduled for 1/25, and they can’t change or do anything before that date. Verizon continues to set the bar for terrible customer service. Which is ironic, because their system performance is also unrivaled, but at the other end of the scale. When they thanked me for being a 45 year customer and asked for a review of my experience today, I told them they wouldn’t want to read it.
Finished the day by getting the trash and recycling down the lane,
And went to bed watching streaming TV.

Today the wife has jury duty, so it’s just me and Zoe at home. I’ll have to decide what goes in the crock pot for tonight when the boys come to play music. Not much else planned, have to set up some port forwarding in the new router, but no rush for that either.

Frits- I’m envious of your blacksmith tools, I’d love to see some of your finished products.

Drew- motor home seems like a win to me, when you are done with it, you could likely get what you paid for it, now that someone else has taken the big depreciation hit.
The blacksmith drive started when I was 15 as an apprentice. The old blacksmith we worked for had arms the size of tree trunks and we the kids were helpers for him. He could make anything in metal. He had a big lathe too. If we needed a part that was not available he looked at it and made it. All by eye mostly. Putting tires on the wood rims for wagons was an experience that I remember well. He had us 3 kids line up with sledges and he set the tempo with his blacksmith hammer. We were worn out end of day. Horse shoeing difficult horses was another activity I remember well. Sometimes we ended up across the road but he never let go of the leg and kept control. We the kids lived in the attic of the shop and worked 6 days a week for room and board mainly for 4 years to get to master certification. Mine was auto mechanic but he used me for anything. What I hated most was plumbing having to make holes in concrete walls with a chisel. Many more stories about this

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #162,894  
VA seems to want all that ID stuff for just a regular drivers license, never mind a "Real ID". Liz was married, divorced, kept her married name for her kids sake, we haven't gotten married yet. The issue we are running up against is that her Birth Certificate doesn't match her married name. How many woman have the same married name as the name that is on their birth certificate????
The ones that marry their brothers.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,895  
Good evening all. 29ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind, clear sky, and high temp was 56ºF. Light putter until I could tell breakfast was going to stay down. Dropped of fish finder at repair shop 71 mile one way:( bike ride when I got back and had lunch. Got new toe warmers cut for cleats, and mirror mount on new helmet improved. Early Bike ride in morning.
Yesterday afternoon posts:
James Sorry about having to dig pipe out to get get keys.
RS Sounds like you got a lot done, energy conservation very effective every now and then.
Kilroy entertaining story.
Frits did you get the impression somebody needed to get out more? Deer strikes were not uncommon in Missouri.
Frits any idea if new or used barrels?
Dennis sorry drive home was so bad. At least you got to sleep in your own bed.
Frits nice collection of tools!
Ted glad water heater done, I need to do mine :( dinner sounded good.
Randy(wag) glad you got to sleep in. Hope laundry got done. Sounds like you will get some nice seat time as well.
Bill water in 70% what I drink, although some of that water has electrolytes. Coffee, black(mostly decaf) and ice tea in about equal amounts.
Today's posts:
David thanks, today much better.
Bill hope you got dump run and successful town run in.
Buppies much better today. Hope you sinuses start behaving soon. prayers sent.
Ron glad fish no longer in filter. Glad eve troughs mostly clear and the one downspout now clear of pine needles. Good luck converting feeder to pole mount, Nice pic of hawk. Feeling better today.
Kilroy going to be nippy for pole work.
Drew no nap today. Sorry about the assisted living experience, glad you had motorhome at the time.
Mike glad barn roof done. Hope you were able to make do progress on milk house.
Drew hope you will consider a stop hear when you go west.
Kilroy real bummer training getting worse rather than better. Hope you can make some progress tomorrow.
Dennis it is Saturday #5 of 6.
Thomas better today.
Thomas Hope you don't end up with too much ice on ground.
Billy better today. Glad you got dump run and hike in. No pics of grosbeaks :(.
Dave not bad for winter.
Dennis I thought it was to show the squirrels, opossums, and skunks et all, that it could be done :)
Ken has been warm Monday and Tuesday here. Glad Company is contributing to garage work. Congrats to son on three month anniversary.
Paul glad you could get tenant improve. Sorry about you experience with Verizon, have not been with them long. Apparently Fri 13th got you worse than me.
Bill hope you were able to conserve some energy.
Jim hope you get tree down on time. Just be glad you are not in California registering a non Cali compliant vehicle is ROYAL pain. Hope you can get Big Red registered.
Don yes am feeling better today. Nice you don't have to wait on battery charging. Sorry about no seat time. I have reminder set up in phone to tell me trash day.
RNG getting plenty rain for a while, hope mountains are getting their snow. Sorry about the oil plug. Hope you can get the rest of the hardware of back porch and cleaned up. Hope you can get somewhere with insurance.
Ted sounds like nice snow. Yes better today. Hope nothing new on list :)
Ted sorry about your experience with Verizon, ATT cell service was deteriorating to match it's customer service, which is why we switched.
Buppies good you are better, sorry wife has it. prayers sent.
Frits will be interesting to see what Volkov has planned for door.
David good to hear progress on setting pots. I thought I did well on the bike for my age until San Antonio. Hope H&F was fun and guys did ok.
Frits not sure I could do as well. Nice tools
Mark good to hear roof work went fine.
Frits sorry hear about your experience with nursing home, Mom used to volunteer and nursing said she would come back and haunt us if we put her in one. I have no idea on how to get anything from Texas DMV.
more catch up tomorrow.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's vioce, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,896  
BEF, glad you got home despite the storm. Do you remember what day it is?

good morning. What ever morning it may be.
BEF you've got a ways to go yet.
Keep setting your alarm for Sunday.

Took me a while to become accustomed to not worrying what day of the week it was.
Now I'm working on ignoring what month it is :)

/ Good morning!!!! #162,898  
29 this morning wind chimes singing going to be a normal winter day whatever that is. Not sure what we will do today. Big warm up next week more rain on tap

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #162,899  
Coffee just finished brewing. 17° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 30° with sunny skies. Got hinges and screws at Menard's for Bird Feeder mods. Put a quick paint job on cuts that I made to modify feeder roof. Put it out on post. Took about 5 minutes for a bird to show up. Not sure what all I will into today. Cleanup shop will be on top of list.
tneFtRk.jpg

Buckeye, a quick date/time update. It's Saturday, 5:15 am EST, January 14th 2023.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,900  
36 and windy here, too, Buppies. Hope wife is better. Going to 42, not too far. Me neither.

Ron, real nice job on that feeder.

Mostly, I don't have a camera to zoom in on the feeders with the evening grosbeaks, but a few let me walk up to within 6 ft yesterday...just didn't have my phone with me. 1st yellow-bellied sapsucker of the year came in yesterday.

m7, interesting story on your apprenticeship. I wish they were more common here now.

BEF, ate 2 eggs? Only 82 more to go from that 7 dozen you bought? 🤣