Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,991  
David, sounds like you should batten down the hatches and protect that new construction of yours.
Very high winds coming your way

a foot of snow in Hawaii. I wonder if they have downhill skiing there?...

/ Good morning!!!! #141,993  
It wasn't possible to get our Covid booster's locally, so we had a nice trip out today for our Moderna stabbing at a Scout hut situated in a market town to the South. No doubt the venue had been selected because of the very generously sized car park, however not being local made it a little tricky to find without any road signs pointing the way. The sat nav lady was having a fun time, taking us on detours down 3 dead end roads before finding the right one.

Mostly > 6,000 miles again! (y)
If your trip recorder has a metric option, I would be tempted to go for the same number in km next year. :)

Don, I initially thought your present will be a

View attachment 723369

then realised your wife said "machine", so it's more likely to be ...

View attachment 723370

Either way it's an awful lot of ammunition - you must really be looking forward to Christmas this year !
Eric, I had lots of experience with the first one, in my younger days, but had never seen the second one before.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Good morning!!!! #141,994  
Good Morning
33 going to high 40’s with fair skies today.

Yesterday’s trip was nice, had a leisurely lunch on the way down, got refueled and turned around quickly, picked an extremely nice couple and had a smooth ride back up north. After we dropped them off it’s a short flight to our home base, when we got close it was obvious that there was a controller in training working the tower. He had airplanes circling, made a few go around, and was obviously paddling as fast as he could. Periodically another voice that was clearly his supervisor came on and fixed the worst of it. I was entertained by the situation, but most of the pilots effected, were not.
No rehearsal last night, 3 out of 5 of us had other obligations. A friend brought his old MusicMan guitar amplifier over for me to fix, I was able to get him squared away and was in the house watching TV when my wife got home from her show. She’s got two more days, today and Sunday. For Drew or Ken, it’s at at Durham Hill Farm on 413 almost to Pipersville.

Not sure what will happen today, I’d like to get the little airplane back together, but it would be much easier with another set of hands attached to a younger more flexible body.
Friend that sandblasts rocks needs some more rubber cut, that might be the first order of business.

I use these for oil changes, they work great, you can contort them into any shape and catch and direct the oil without making a mess.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,995  
US households that heat primarily with natural gas will on average spend 30% more than last winter, according to the US Energy Information Administration.

This is not good at all for those on fixed budgets. Of course last year was less expensive than the year before so sure jumps around.
My heating oil prepay jumped 200 dollars this year.
Price of gas at pumps is supposed to drop a little soon.

However some of us don't burn any fossil fuel at all, while on a bicycle.
Mostly, since you started, what do you guess your lifetime total cycling mileage at? 75k? 100K??

/ Good morning!!!! #141,996  
13F clear sky mid 30's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Plans for today...Trip to town for critter food etc.,couple little things to do outside,check den see if bear winter home,watch some of #1 play #3college football,other than that not sure.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,997  
30 outside this AM, heading to lower 60's. I don't do weekends much, here on TBN, but then I got all confused as to what day of the week it is. I'll use the snow in Hawaii as an excuse that the world is slipping a little bit.

Plumbing issues look to be solved. I need to up the timeline on the kitchen remodel. The entire floor has to come out so I can work the joist and foundation issues. Plus those darn cast iron pipes needs to be removed. Although they looked in really great shape. I just like simple to one main drain I guess.

Not much on the agenda, recover from a week that I would soon forget. Old company xMas party tonight, need to go and meet some new people, keep the future funding available. Plus, free food and beverages!

Time to go set up the game cams and feed the animals. Hope all have a great weekend and be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,998  
Good morning! 66˚F heading to the upper 70s, partly cloudy.
Ron I think you are on to something with the beans. What do the china beans do that American beans cannot? hmmm. ??

Made my first cherry pie with fresh cherries last night and then I ordered a cherry pitter from amazon. Five cuts around the pit on each cherry is a bit much. The filling was 2 cups pitted cherries, 1/2 cup dates, lemon juice, ground vanilla, tapioca flour. The crust was almond flour, ground flax seed and water. Turned out delicious!

Drew the entire neighborhood's primary heat source is natural gas. I will be able to tell shortly if prices jump 30% but not tomorrow as the temp will be up to 80˚.

Our street was crowded yesterday evening as our neighbor's house is on the Christmas home tour. Two more days of too many people. About two hundred showed up the two hours it was open yesterday.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,999  
Don, if I ever come to visit, make that cherry pie for me please. I might not ever leave...

foodshopping done, off to local apple orchard to buy one of their amazing home made apple pies, which I will take to
an old friend who is not only just out of the hospital himself at age 86 but his wife is sick too.
I believe home made apple pie has curative powers. (y)

then off to blow leaves. Just charging up the last Makita battery.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,000  
Two days ago, I got up as usual that morning, turned on the kitchen lights and the coffee pot . . . and the lights went out. I checked everything and all was well EXCEPT the 3 tube florescent light in the center of the kitchen. I had a pretty good idea what it might be, but I just did not feel like getting up on the ladder to try to work on that light. So I called and my electrician came yesterday afternoon. But instead of replacing the ballast, he did a number of things to the wiring, then installed 3 new LED tubes. I'd replaced most of the lights in the house with LED bulbs, but hadn't seen the three foot tubes in LED. Sure is a lot brighter in the kitchen now; better I think for old folks with old eyes.

61 degrees going for 76 today; doesn't hardly feel like Winter, but I sure ain't complaining.