Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!!

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!! #1  

Golfgar4

Elite Member
Tractor
None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!
Well, contrary to what many people thought 31 years ago (including myself), I actually made it to my retirement day! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

In about 3.5 hours, I'll be out of here! I have to "look" busy until 10:00 a.m., at which time a reception begins. I guess a number of people will get one last shot at me, I'll get to shake a lot of hands, get a few gifts, and then I'm OUTTA HERE!!

It's been an interesting journey, and I really am very appreciative of everything that I've been able to do. But we are really looking forward to all the new adventures that are awaiting us as we begin this next chapter in our lives.

Of course, I expect that TBN will continue to be a large part of my daily routines. I suppose I may end up being a bit more erratic with postings for awhile until I settle into some kind of routine. But I'll make it work.

O.k. now. Which one of you "veteran" retired guys is responsible for sending me my new membership card?? Just please spell my name right! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!! #2  
Hot Digidy - the magic moment arives. Gives one a real rush. Take some time and enjoy it.

Next comes the sad news. There are no more coffee breaks, weekends off or holidays. The new boss is likely a snarly old fellow who thinks 12 hrs. per day mending and improving is just normal.

Happy Retirement!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!! #4  
Congrats!!!

You have my best wishes....as well as my envy. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!! #5  
Congradulations! You've been working at that job for two years longer than I've been married....And I know how long that's seemed... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Enjoy your new-found freedom!

Oh, and by the way, you don't have to look too busy...whatta they gonna do? Fire you?

Have a good one!

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Next comes the sad news. There are no more coffee breaks, weekends off or holidays. )</font>

A friend that was ready to retire a month ago told me one day he wasn't sure he wanted to retire. When I asked him why, he said because he wouldn't get anymore paid vacations! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks Egon. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!! #7  
Congrats Garry! 31 years is an impressive career, you certainly deserve a fantastic retirement.

Now get all the retirement bugs worked out for me, I'm only 10-15 years behind you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!! #8  
Got to love it.. sleep as late as you want.. go fishing when ever you want.. be lazy.. but...... now the Mrs can bend your ear all day long.. better get busy and find something that needs done! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Enjoy!!

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!! #9  
Congratulations!

That has to be one weird feeling. Kind of like that feeling you get before you go on vacation -- only this time you don't have to worry about coming back and having to do the daily grind again.

I bet you will end up being more busy now than you were working a full-time job. Lucky dog! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Good Golly, I Actually Made IT!! #10  
Congratulations!! The first retirement project should be to build yourself a safe haven...I find that a pole barn works well. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

....Tony