Good Deal?

/ Good Deal? #1  

TonyC

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 1997 L3600DT 4WD with FEL
I just bought a 1997 Kubota Model L3600, 4WD with FEL. It has 1390 Hours and is in excellent shape. I paid $13,000 for it. I've used it about 6 hours and I love it so far. I just discovered Tractorbynet and wondered if anyone had an opinion how I did price wise. Photo Attached.

Attachments

• 6-67345-P8290019.jpg
    6-67345-P8290019.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 81
   / Good Deal? #2  
Tony,

I am certainly no expert, but that sure sounds like a good deal to me. The machine (in photo) looks fabulous, and except for the large size, I am envious.

The GlueGuy

/ Good Deal? #3  
6-67345-P8290019.jpg

Tony,

I think you did pretty good. Auction prices on the L3600 have run between $9300-13,800... without a loader... add another $1650 (used price) for the loader and the hours are average for a '97.

If you notice, the last couple years all the manufacturers have been releasing "leader" models and that helps drive the auction prices down...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Good Deal?
Thanks GlueGuy. Most of my experience is with Fords and Deeres. I haven't looked much at Kubota's because all of the used one's were too small for my needs. Everything's relative I guess...it looks large to you but it's as small a tractor as I can use. The price seemed fair to me.

/ Good Deal? #6  
Yep, Tony, fine looking machine and sounds like a good deal, but like Dan, I do wonder why the front tires are on backwards.

Bird

/ Good Deal? #7  
<font color=blue>...I do wonder why the front tires are on backwards.
</font color=blue>

Tests have shown, if the bulk of tractor use is for loader work, reversing the thread will reduce the front tire wear...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Good Deal? #8  
OK, John, I'm just not used to seeing that, but don't really know, or see, how it would make much difference.

Bird

/ Good Deal? #9  
It was explained to me... somewhat has to do with the length of the lugs and the "attack angle" of R1's only... not R4's {and of course not Turf /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif}

Someone that does lots of loader work with Ag's can replace the front tires 2 or 3 times before they replace the rears... if they aren't reversed... {and don't forget the lead time of the front axle tires vs. rear tires adds to the wear}

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Good Deal? #10  
John,
Did I also read somewhere (maybe my J.D. owner's manual) that if you are doing a lot of front end loader work digging into a pile, that reversing the front treads can assist in backing out of the pile with a full load?

Hoss

jdisc.gif