Going to get a new mower to replace an almost 20 yo bobcat zrt

/ Going to get a new mower to replace an almost 20 yo bobcat zrt #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
It’s an old bobcat zt219, 52” cut with a 19hp Kwai. I’ll probably go with a kubota, not set in stone and suggestions welcome, but what can I expect from a newer 24hp 60”? We mow about an acre but we’re both busy and just want to get it done. The current mower doesn’t like when grass is tall. It clumps, bogs, and makes a mess when weather keeps us from mowing and grass gets tall. I’m hoping these new mowers eat tall wet grass and spit out green water. 60” sounds better than what we have now by 8”, and 24hp is better than a beat up 19hp, so has to be better. Any suggestions?

/ Going to get a new mower to replace an almost 20 yo bobcat zrt #2  
I have ZD331 Kubota. Can't go wrong with Kubota

/ Going to get a new mower to replace an almost 20 yo bobcat zrt #3  
You can’t go wrong with Kubota but, there are TONS of options out there…just depends on budget.

Mike

/ Going to get a new mower to replace an almost 20 yo bobcat zrt
We went and looked at mowers. the kubota i think I’m interested in is the z781. Non ion stock. Looked at a gravely, a spartan, cub cadet, and then an ex mark. All aroun 10500-14000.

imo do see a lot of exmarks used by lawn care companies, are they that good.

oh also looked at a Deere with electric deck height control.

dont mind spending money(lie) but really want the best, i do want to look at the new bobcat owned bobcat mowers.

/ Going to get a new mower to replace an almost 20 yo bobcat zrt #5  
If your lawn is very bumpy, look at Ferris. Their suspension makes the ride so much better. Some say they don't cut as nice as Scag or Exmark but I have no issues with mine. I have an IS2100 with a 29.5 HP EFI Kawasaki motor.

If you tend to mow high wet grass, I have read that John Deere's 7-Iron deck is best for that type of mowing.