Going to buy a GC1710

/ Going to buy a GC1710 #1  

gojira

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD X590, MF GC1710
Hi,

First post here on TBN. I currently have a JD X590 garden tractor with a 42" MMM and snowblower. It's been fine (other than the auger box breaking on the snow thrower, but that's another story.)

I have more chores I want to get done, so I've been looking at a bunch of SCUTs and have settled on the GC1710. I test-drove one over at the dealer today and am thinking of pulling the trigger on it. For now, I will keep the Deere for mowing and some snow clearing (I'll probably get a rear blade initially for the 1710). They also have a used, low hour Wallenstein chipper/shredder that I'm thinking of buying too. Oh and I'll have them install a block heater too.

They did have their first 1723E on the lot (not an EB), which I did look at, but I don't think the changes are all that much for me, so I think the 1710 will be just fine. I don't think I need the extras on the 1720 either.

The only other separate purchase I'm thinking about is getting the Q/A and forks from mytractortools.

My wife is wondering where all this stuff will be going. I'll think of something :D

/ Going to buy a GC1710 #2  
Cool, congrats and welcome to the forum! I haven't seen the forks from MTT before. So it looks like they are fixed spaced, only 110 pounds, SSQA and 3 point? If all that is true it could be a great thing for your Massey. The mistake that I made was buying the set of forks my dealer had. I called the manufacturer for the weight after the fact and was told they were 300#s. What's the rent on those baby's and do they publish a lift capacity?

/ Going to buy a GC1710 #3  
Hi,

First post here on TBN. I currently have a JD X590 garden tractor with a 42" MMM and snowblower. It's been fine (other than the auger box breaking on the snow thrower, but that's another story.)

I have more chores I want to get done, so I've been looking at a bunch of SCUTs and have settled on the GC1710. I test-drove one over at the dealer today and am thinking of pulling the trigger on it. For now, I will keep the Deere for mowing and some snow clearing (I'll probably get a rear blade initially for the 1710). They also have a used, low hour Wallenstein chipper/shredder that I'm thinking of buying too. Oh and I'll have them install a block heater too.

They did have their first 1723E on the lot (not an EB), which I did look at, but I don't think the changes are all that much for me, so I think the 1710 will be just fine. I don't think I need the extras on the 1720 either.

The only other separate purchase I'm thinking about is getting the Q/A and forks from mytractortools.

My wife is wondering where all this stuff will be going. I'll think of something :D

There was a guy selling the same SSQA as I have and you are looking for , cheap money brand new. Let me see if I can find it..

/ Going to buy a GC1710 #5  
Congratulations on your new tractor and welcome to TBN! Don’t think you can go wrong with a GC1710, rugged little machine.

/ Going to buy a GC1710 #6  
Congrats, You will like the little tractor. I have the 1705. I ordered the QA from my tractor tools as well. The forks are awesome b/c you can hook them up to ur three point as well. Not that I do it all the time but I have done it and its been handy. You will have to modify a few things but its very easy to install. My salesman stopped out one day and really liked it. He wanted the guys info. I don't know if he went much further than that. As I recall when purchasing my tractor there wasn't much on the market for forks and QA. Seems to be a few more choices now.

As for where you put everything. I believe a pole barn is in ur future!!!!

Hi,

/ Going to buy a GC1710
As for where you put everything. I believe a pole barn is in ur future!!!!

Yep. I hadn't done a new member post so I'd put that in that post: "I do have a 14x24' shed for the JD and one of the cars right now, but I may build a small run-in or loafing shed to store some of the attachments when they're not being used." I'm thinking a 10x12' shed will be enough for the attachments and some of the garden stuff. It's also under the 200 sq ft size so I don't need to get a shed building permit from the town like I did for the other shed.

/ Going to buy a GC1710
Update: the tractor will be delivered to my house in a little over a week. I'm going to be at a conference for a few days, so it'll be coming the day after I get back.

I've got to get a few yards of rip-rap delivered so I can pre-position it in the areas I'll be using it while the ground is still nice and hard. We'll go through a mud season in part of the yard and I can't even drive the X590 there, much less the 1710.

/ Going to buy a GC1710 #9  
Welcome to TBN and the MF family. They make a great scut and you’ll love it.

I bought mine from the dealer in Northfield but that’s another story.