Going to be in Dallas

/ Going to be in Dallas #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
So we are going to be working in the Dallas area at the end of gone month.. I have been to Austin and San Antonio, but besides the airport, never spent any time in Dallas. ..anything that is a must see / do ? ..I may only have a day or to for playing.

/ Going to be in Dallas #2  
The Kennedy sixth floor museum at Dealy plaza is well worth a visit

/ Going to be in Dallas

That's right near the grassy knoll right ��

/ Going to be in Dallas #4  
Flower Mound and Plano are some close, neat cities to visit. Flower Mound once had the title of the safest town in Texas.

/ Going to be in Dallas #5  
South Fork?

/ Going to be in Dallas #6  
Botanical garden is nice.
Billy Bob's is "interesting".

/ Going to be in Dallas #7  
There are some great museums in Ft. Worth. The Amon Carter Museum, Kimbell Art Museum and Cowgirl Hall of Fame are all close to one another. The Sid Richardson is also a great one and close to some good lunch stops at Sundance Plaza.

/ Going to be in Dallas #8  

Friends have been there and they really liked it, but I've never been and I only live 2 hours away from DFW. I've lived here for 18 years and I absolutely hate going to Dallas or anywhere in that area. It's all traffic, all the time, with roads that make no sense at all, with toll roads all over the place to get more money out of you when the frustration of how bad the traffic is finally gets to you.

The only thing that I've done in the Dallas and Ft Worth area that I would do again is go to Cabelas.

Otherwise, I would be asking what there is to see and do within a days drive of Dallas that gets you out of that area.

/ Going to be in Dallas #9  
Friends have been there and they really liked it, but I've never been and I only live 2 hours away from DFW. I've lived here for 18 years and I absolutely hate going to Dallas or anywhere in that area. It's all traffic, all the time, with roads that make no sense at all, with toll roads all over the place to get more money out of you when the frustration of how bad the traffic is finally gets to you.

The only thing that I've done in the Dallas and Ft Worth area that I would do again is go to Cabelas.

Otherwise, I would be asking what there is to see and do within a days drive of Dallas that gets you out of that area.

Truth

/ Going to be in Dallas #10  

I hate the city as much as anybody around here on this forum would.

That said, spent a day in Dallas after a wedding woth my wife and father, and loved walking around the city.

Heck, took the family (with father) to National Habor the other year and took the old Metro into DC and LOVED DC (although I despised it 20 years ago when I worked there and swore I'd never go back).

I hate cities and wouldn't want to be near one. However, if I'm only visiting, I'm not that dumb not to be able to appreciate what a city can offer.

Sooner or later I may even take my boys to a play on Broadway, and I swore I'd NEVER ever step foot in NYC.