Goats ate the invasives

/ Goats ate the invasives #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
Goats are a form of "equipment". They were here for 6 days and ate all the invasives. They especially love the native poke with berries and all.

Had 57 mommas and babies.

Think they're cheaper and far more environmental that large flails or bush hogs. We didn't have any big stuff. We got rid of most of that nearly 2 years ago. Just lots of smaller autumn olives and oriental bittersweet and stilt grass. Never could get any of the outfits with big flails or hogs to come look.

Attachments

• Fence being moved 11 Oct 2021 (3).jpg
    Fence being moved 11 Oct 2021 (3).jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Goat delivery.jpg
    Goat delivery.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Goats on the run.jpg
    Goats on the run.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 252
   / Goats ate the invasives #3  
Goats will also eat every thing else. They are non-directive, and indiscriminate weed weapons that need constant monitoring. They will eat the back seat of you car, just as easily as the rose bushes your partner so loved. :)

/ Goats ate the invasives #4  
Goats will also eat every thing else. They are non-directive, and indiscriminate weed weapons that need constant monitoring. They will eat the back seat of you car, just as easily as the rose bushes your partner so loved. :)

If you fence them correctly they are a great alternative when the area is to steep or rocky or other reason to keep a tractor out. A small heard will work very hard to keep things neat and trim. Just build good fences. They make pretty good pets also.

/ Goats ate the invasives #5  
Having raised goats/sheep, I have NEVER considered them pets: They don't act as pets. I have a nephew that loved his pet lizard. I'm very sure that his lizard didn't love him.
Same with goats. Your goat can't love you bacK, or even know to: like a dog can. Thats why we love dogs and eat goats.

/ Goats ate the invasives #6  
Having raised goats/sheep, I have NEVER considered them pets: They don't act as pets. I have a nephew that loved his pet lizard. I'm very sure that his lizard didn't love him.
Same with goats. Your goat can't love you bacK, or even know to: like a dog can. Thats why we love dogs and eat goats.
Some people think dog is very tasty.

/ Goats ate the invasives #7  
Some large cattle ranches in Tx keep,rent or free graze goats to improve grass for their cows. Various breeds show this trait in varying amounts. In years of low rainfall,deer frequent hay meadows and recently mown pastureland to eat tender weed regrowth. Honeysuckle attract's more deer than planted food plots.

/ Goats ate the invasives #8  
Goats will also eat every thing else. They are non-directive, and indiscriminate weed weapons

I have seven goats and they put the lie to this statement. They will not eat first cut hay, poplar, spent grain from the brewery unless it is dried,and many other things. They will, however, eat the wooden walls of their stall, wooden gates, and just about anything you don't want them to eat.

/ Goats ate the invasives #9  
They tend to not like poison oak here...

The fire dept now encouraged goats but getting them with over the top demand is very difficult... especially since special overtime exemptions for herders recorded...

/ Goats ate the invasives #10  
They don't act as pets.
Your goat can't love you bacK, or even know to: like a dog can. Thats why we love dogs and eat goats.
You sure about that? My neighbors goats are super friendly. They come when called. Love to have some affection and rubs. Very communicative. They are not dumb creatures. Nowhere near a dog, sure.