Oil & Fuel Glow plug controller

/ Glow plug controller #1  

natey42589

Tractor
New Holland TC290
I have a New Holland TC29D. The glow plug lamp stays lit & finally blows the main fuse. Any ideas? Where is the controller located? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
   / Glow plug controller #2  
Your glow plug timer is on the right side of your tractor under the cowling that wraps around under the steering wheel. The part number is SBA385870301 and they are around $70 from New Holland. I have not tried it, but somebody else said that this timer from eBay is the same for just $13.95 including shipping.

/ Glow plug controller
Thanks for the info, I will check it out tomorrow!!!!

/ Glow plug controller #4  
My neighbor's TC33D recently had a problem with the glow-plugs staying on after the engine was running - also blew some fuses.
Turned out to be a bad relay.
The repair shop found the bad relay after my neighbor had replaced that $70 controller - which didn't fix the problem.

/ Glow plug controller #5  
I just went through this too. I had exactly the same issue on my TC29DA. Jinman is exactly right, it is under the right cowling. I originally thought it was the ignition switch but it was the relay. As soon as I moved it with my hand the glow plug light came on the dash and the more it moved the more the light flashed. The timer relay is $72.00 at the dealer. I tried NAPA first but this seems to be a dealer only item. I wish I'd checked e-bay.

/ Glow plug controller
Thanks for the info. I swapped out the relay itself, same concern. I just ordered the timer

/ Glow plug controller
thanks for the info . I am going to replace the timer as soon as it comes in.

/ Glow plug controller #8  
Updating this thread...
I have a TC40D. My glow plug light would occasionally come on while the engine was running. On my TC40D, after removing the black cowling, I found the timer located below and to the left of the steering wheel. I purchased a replacement relay from Amazon (NGK Lamp Timer 12V Time Relay for Kubota 15694-65992 15694-65990 S81NL Relay) for $34.00. Currently New Holland is selling the official version for $94.00.