Gloves

/ Gloves #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Someone mentioned gloves. I'm hard on gloves, got these today from Ebay, hard to beat for $1.50/pair! Leather palm & fingers and large enough. I'm sure they're made in China but 10 pair should last me a while. 20210224_125003.jpg20210224_123300.jpg20210224_123331.jpg

/ Gloves #2  
Yup, China made Lowes sells similar ones for $1.97. Have purchased before, but seem to wear fast. Not sure why.
AE439CD8-A752-46CE-8207-DEF20DBB57AD.png

/ Gloves #3  
Someone mentioned gloves. I'm hard on gloves, got these today from Ebay, hard to beat for $1.50/pair! Leather palm & fingers and large enough. I'm sure they're made in China but 10 pair should last me a while.View attachment 687698View attachment 687699View attachment 687700

Gloves are always a problem for me, either they are too clumsy, or not warm enough, or get wet too quickly, or are too warm... I find I take mine off and on a lot. For example, I find it difficult to get a screw out of a box with this sort of leather glove. There's no perfect solution.

I like these gloves and use them the most:

5 Flextime - Watson Gloves

Not cheap at $14or $15, but pretty good dexterity, good protection. But they are not warm when the temperature dips, and they get wet too quickly on a rainy day. I think I'll always struggle with gloves.

/ Gloves
I have good pairs of all leather ones. I can't work in gloves either, even thin nitrile ones.

/ Gloves #5  
I prefer the protection afforded by leather gloves. I will pay the extra for something like and in my experience leather work gloves seem to hold up better.

/ Gloves #6  
Looks like the same ones Harbor Freight sells. I've had some last for a while, had some fall apart the first time I used them. The biggest problem is the fit is odd, so you can't do anything that requires feel with it. OK for stacking firewood, etc.

/ Gloves #7  
Looks like the same ones Harbor Freight sells. I've had some last for a while, had some fall apart the first time I used them. The biggest problem is the fit is odd, so you can't do anything that requires feel with it. OK for stacking firewood, etc.

The HF ones are great for working with barbed wire. I made the mistake once of getting the black ones. The first time they got wet, my hands were all black from the dye.

/ Gloves #8  
I have more different types of gloves than Carter has little liver pills. Full leather, palm leather only, full fabric, high tech nylon with synthetic filled and for the REAL cold - Eddie Bauer goose down filled.

Most used - full leather from Aerostich. I know - this company designs riding gear for motorcyclists. I have a couple pair of their heaviest leather gloves. And a couple pair of their skin tight leather. And a couple pair of fingerless and a pair or two of gauntlet style. The most used pair( heavy style ) gets soaked just about every time I wear them. However - they have been greased so often - they never get really stiff when they dry. Just put them on - rub them together - presto - back to their normal state.

Heavy duty leather is the only thing I wear when working on my barbed wire perimeter fence. I've been sliced too many times wearing full fabric or leather palm only.

/ Gloves #9  
Those cheap gloves in Fuddys post never lasted for me, the seams always rip out.