Loader Giving the GC2410 loader more snow capacity.

/ Giving the GC2410 loader more snow capacity. #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Anyone have any ideas on how to add more snow capacity to the loader? I know its current design matches the capacity of the tractor but I think the tractor can handle double the capacity in snow?

/ Giving the GC2410 loader more snow capacity. #2  
My GC pushes a 6' loader mounted plow, with no difficulty.

/ Giving the GC2410 loader more snow capacity. #3  
Are looking for a larger bucket to carry / push snow? Not sure if they will adapt but a company called bxpanded makes bucket expanders. I do not know if they are made to fit your GC or not.

Bucket Expander

/ Giving the GC2410 loader more snow capacity. #5  
I took a 25" plastic culvert cut in half. In this pic it is 11 feet long , I have since cut it down to 7.5'. Works well

Attachments

• image-4243041128.jpg
    image-4243041128.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 200
   / Giving the GC2410 loader more snow capacity.
Thanks everyone, looking for more bucket capacity to pickup roadside snow and move it away from my green giants. That way the snow doesnt crush them as they are still young sapplings. I planted them 16 feet from the edge of the road but as the snow piles up and the graders go by to make room it the hardened snow gets pushed into the treeline and can crush them easily.

It took me 4 hours last weekend to move all the snow up the road but the little tractor moved a snow line that measures approx. 14 feet by 200 feet by about 4 feet deep like a champ. It got some good excercise during the time it is normally dormant. My knee that is used for forward and reverse is killing me though :) If I can double the bucket capacity then I and cut the time in half and save hours on my tractor.

/ Giving the GC2410 loader more snow capacity. #7  
There are a lot of poultry farms here in the valley and most machine shops here make oversize buckets, but I would not try it with out a lot of something hanging on the rear.

/ Giving the GC2410 loader more snow capacity. #8  
brush forks do a good job with snowbanks in the spring, not much good until they have become packed though.