Getting crushed rock back on driveway

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway
Are you using a 3-point mounted blade on a tractor to clear the snow?? If so - try this next year. You may be trying to blade the snow before the driveway freezes up hard.

Reverse the rear blade 180 degrees. Blade the snow using the blade this way until the driveway gets good and hard.

You will find a whole lot less gravel in your grass.
Generall I use the front blade on the ATV. With deeper snow I use the front loader blade on my Farmall 340. With real deep snow I used the front blade on my John Deere 420 crawler. I have put a pipe on m ATV cutting edge so it does not bring up as much crushed rock, but it still brings up some. Thanks

My experiance with the york rake is that it moves a lot of dirt and sod trying to get gravel out of grass.
Thanks

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #33  
My driveway is graded base and I try to leave some snow on it when snowblowing or using the FEL. For the stone that gets on the grass, I have good luck with a backpack blower.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #34  
I bought a Stihl Yard Boss with the sweeper, last year. A liitle pricey, but it works really well, in reverse (pulling towards you).

Last edited:
My driveway is graded base and I try to leave some snow on it when snowblowing or using the FEL. For the stone that gets on the grass, I have good luck with a backpack blower.
Good to know. Thanks much

I bought a Stihl Yard Boss with the sweeper, last year. A liitle pricey, nut it works really well, in reverse (pulling towards you).

Good to know. I am still looking to rent one. I understand they do give one a workout! Thanks

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #37  
I have a 7' landscape rake very similar to one shown above. My "driveway" is ¼ mile long.

Couple times a year I need to bring the rock back onto the drive that have been forced off. It takes a little practice but if you turn the rake @ 45° angle and set one side a little lower than the other, you can bring gravel back up onto the drive. (It will take several passes, and you'll get a little dirt with it, but the more passes you make the cleaner it will get) The dirt washes thru in a couple of rains. The trick is to set the rake draft so it doesn't dig deep into the soil. In other words, don't try to do it in one or two passes. I usually take 5-6 light passes.

I've found it's better to try to bring the rock back up onto the drive after it rains, rather than when its dusty dry.

Just my 2¢.
This is how I take care of my 3/4 mile driveway.

Attachments

• Oct 31 2021 pasture.jpg
    Oct 31 2021 pasture.jpg
    761.1 KB · Views: 71
This is how I take care of my 3/4 mile driveway.
I assume you have gauge wheels on your landscape rake so you can control the depth better. Thanks much.