German Cucumber Salad Recipe

/ German Cucumber Salad Recipe #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
I thought I'd share this recipe. I love German food and this is a great and simple side dish served cold.

Ingredients:
2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin (the thinner the better, I use a mandolin)
1/2 onion, optional, thinly sliced (I use a red onion)
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream (I use the low fat kind)
2 Tbl white sugar
2 Tbl white vinegar
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp paprika

Directions:
1. On a large platter, spread the cucumbers and onions and season with salt, let rest 30 minutes

2. After the veggies have rested, squeeze the excess moisture from the cucumbers (away from the platter)

3. In a large bowl, stir the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill and parsley together

4. Fold the veggie mixture into the sour cream mixture

5. Refrigerate the salad for at least 4 hours, up to overnight

6. Garnish with paprika and serve

Last edited:
   / German Cucumber Salad Recipe #2  
Sounds yummy, have to give it a go when the cukes come in ! Hope someone bumps the thread in the summer so I can find it again!

/ German Cucumber Salad Recipe #3  
I usually like to add some additional ingredients to make the corn salad recipe even more flavorful. One of my go-to additions is cucumbers. The crisp texture and cool flavor of cucumbers perfectly complement the sweetness of the corn, making for a refreshing and satisfying salad. To make this delicious dish, I start with the basic corn salad recipe, mixing the cooked corn with diced red onion, bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes. Then I add sliced cucumbers to the mix and toss everything together with the tangy lime and cilantro dressing. The result is a perfect balance of flavors and textures that's sure to please any crowd. So if you're looking to switch up your usual salad routine, give this corn and cucumber salad recipe a try – it's a guaranteed winner! You should try it!

Last edited:
   / German Cucumber Salad Recipe #5  
I grew up with basically the same salad dressing (minus the dill, parsley paprika)...
It is especially good on fresh leaf lettuce with onions...

/ German Cucumber Salad Recipe #6  
Sounds great. I've always enjoyed sliced cucumbers with salt a pepper as a snack.

/ German Cucumber Salad Recipe #8  
Cukes give me gas...
:ROFLMAO: You must be a barrel of fun after a bowl of pintos!
FWIW, you can eat Anasazi beans and they don't produce gas!