Georgia gray importers??

/ Georgia gray importers?? #1  

gatractorman

Silver Member
Tractor
varies never keep one long enough to post here lol
Been thinking about buying a few gray market tractors to resell think I could move a few in my area, anyone know of any direct importers in Georgia, several places I could buy from middlemen that I know of, but I want the direct importer, dont need to buy a container myself yet for reasons being #1 got no idea what I'm doing trying to import #2 the off chance I have any trouble selling them. (git yer feet wet 'for ye jump in)

/ Georgia gray importers?? #2  
Sheesh, Everybody wants to get in the game but no-one wants to take the risk. If you don't want a whole crate, buy from the middleman you ain't got much choice.
Everyone acts like all you do is throw out the idea you want to sell greys and boom the grey market God consigns you a whole lot full of tractors . With of course no risk. You want best price? Buy a container! You want minimal risk? Buy from a reputable middleman.
This business ain't easy and with everyone and his brother throwing out tractors with flashy paint-jobs and cheap prices and lying through their teeth about brand, HP etc. It's gettin' Dammed rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The posts are just rolling in What do I do to be a dealer.
I'll tell ya . Mortgage the farm, buy a bunch of tractors, get insurance, a building to work on them in, (you are a mechanic aren't you), etc, etc. Then support the tractors with parts etc. You'll do fine!

/ Georgia gray importers?? #3  
If you buy from a direct importer you will be buying from the middle man. There are a lot of direct importers out there.

/ Georgia gray importers??
Yeah I know the direct importer is the middleman but I was referring to dealers that buy from the direct importer and try to sell to me.

Hey Cripes, I appreciate the time you spent replying to my post but please dont judge me for the way I want to go about it, all the points you brought up I already know, I've heard the stories about 30 hp 1500 Yanmars and I'll agree it is ridiculous, I've been mechanicin' for quite some time now and have been selling heavy equipment, Bobcats, old farm tractors whatever I could pick up for little money and repair and resell so I've got at least a vague idea of what I'm doing and buying 3 or 4 right now is what I would be comfortable with.

/ Georgia gray importers?? #6  
Don't pay any attention to the critics (especially unregistered ones). If you want to give it a shot and you have the tallent to do it, then start slow and test the waters. Might even try to find someone to share a container (20' container holds approx 8 tractors). I have been told the following company has been around a while. Personally know very little about them, but I'll provide the link for you to investigate: http://www.05.alphatec.or.jp/~nitto/. I have looked at the cost per tractor out of the container. Most units I had quoted to me came with a tiller (of which some guys separate and sell for as much as $600). I am not sure how much work goes into preparing these units for sale, but it could be the profit is in the tillers with a little in the tractor it's self after paying labor to prepare the units for sale. I have no doubt this is a tough business, although I have not been in it. I guess some would say I have no business even commenting on it, but being a CPA and doing some research I think I am qualified. Like any other business, do it because you enjoy it, spend the time doing the research, calculate your risk and understand your market. You'll do fine. Oh, one more thing - be honest with your customers:).

Hey Thanks for the link Snooks I checked it out and that looks like the place to buy container loads when I get that far, the point you made about sharing a container is a good idea if I can find someone willing to do this. Honesty is my only policy I make my living (for the most part) with repeat business, I saw a sign in a shop once " Please dont ask me to take less because you are my friend, I must make a living off my friends because my enemies wont come in here" gotta get one of those for my shop LOL.

/ Georgia gray importers?? #8  
I do business with Nitto. Good people. Just remember they have 3 grades of tractors. You get what you pay for.

Eugene

Thanks Buppy, I'll sure talk with them when I get ready for a container.