Generic 3rd function schematic

/ Generic 3rd function schematic #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
914117_10201978220836631_973156660579908451_o.jpg

914117_10201978220836631_973156660579908451_o.jpg

After going through the open-center, three-position valve, fluid then goes to any remotes for the three point or backhoe before returning to reservoir.

With the exception of couplers, hardware, hard and soft lines, the electrical bits that will activate the two solenoids, and ignoring the note about crossover for a snow plow that would require a different diagram, have I missed anything obvious insofar as components needed for adding a third function to drive two reversible rams at the same time?

Thanks! :cheerful:

Last edited:
   / Generic 3rd function schematic #2  
Most of that is correct, except the subplate.

Most subplate has a pressure and a PB/tank port.

The solenoid valve is full on when engaged.

What do you proposed to do with that solenoid valve?

Most subplates so not have a relief port. You can order a subplate with relief port, and gage port.

/ Generic 3rd function schematic
I want to have a 3rd function for a loader, but if I remove the loader, I want the valve body to remain behind in case I come up with some use for it on the rear with remotes attached. Full on with the 3rd function is what I expect and I plan to run the solenoids using a momentary rocker switch.

I never really used my hydraulic tech training in my career as an auto tech and so what I have is old, rusty knowledge, and enough of it to make me dangerous. Smile.

Knowing this, correct any errors and offer guidance as you see fit!

I hope to come off of the 4way joystick manifold's power beyond port, I didn't think I needed another relief valve and had thought a standard D05 sub plate would work on an open center valve (see PDF link for cross-reference). No?

At the end of the day, what I want to do is use the most inexpensive, easy-to-get components with the most straightforward design and if I'm thinking of something weird, or special, I want to know better ways of doing it!

I will pay others to fab up soft lines, but I hope to fab up my own hard lines which will require me to buy some new tools (I was an auto-tech and all my flaring tools are 45°, not 37°).

/ Generic 3rd function schematic #4  
Unless you have high GPM, the DO3 subplate would work just as well and less expensive unless you have a specific valve you want to use.

This 10 GPM solenoid valve and DO3 subplate will work for what you want.

12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE

1 STATION DO3 SUBPLATE OPEN CENTER

http://www.surpluscenter.com/_MoreSpecs/dr9-5883-1.pdf

As long as you have the FEL valve, you have a relief valve upstream of the 3rd function.

When you remove the FEL and valve, you need to add the 3rd function downstream of the remotes as the remote will now provide system relief.

Is that 3rd function valve going to be used with a grapple?

JJ, 10 GPM is underrated for the 60hp tractor I'm looking at (17.9 GPM open center) and I could not find the schematic to learn if you are suggesting a different valving than what I diagrammed above. I see the sub plate has P, T, A and B, which is what I diagrammed, with the subplate porting one line on each side, threaded 9/16s (is that 3/8" hose then?) with 1/4" ports to the valve.

Question: should I be concerned about the 1/4" valving of the sub plate insofar as performance of the 3rd function?

To answer your question, yes, I plan to use a root grapple, a 72" combo bucket and an 8 or 8.5' snow plow on the loader. The snowplow will get crossover relief valve cranked up to 3,000 PSI (likely a Prince RV-4H with 1/2 fittings one since they come painted) and I'm wondering if I should include a cushion valve too so I kind of "mush" onto things?

Valve wise, I was thinking of something like this 26 GPM Northman. However, you have me wondering what sub plate I need to use, given I need P, T, A and B. FWIW, I had thought this sub plate would work which has A, B on one side and P and T on the bottom. What gives me pause though is the holes are in a different position going to the valve. Since I've never held any of these parts in hand, it makes me wonder if the valving will match?

I have Northman's subplate catalog here: http://www.northmanfp.com/pdf/Subplate03.pdf

Last edited:
   / Generic 3rd function schematic #6  
Then you simply need to match up the GPM of the tractor implement flow to the GPM of the valve .

If the solenoid valve calls for a DO5, then you have to use a DO5 subplate.

To be clear, I should not worry about the different pattern of fluid holes on the sub plate, just be concern that P, T, A and B fit my application?

Thanks for your help, BTW, I appreciate it!

BTW, I found a fun video to teach hydraulic symbols while on YouTube teaching myself about sub plate configurations.

For those who want to understand the schematic at the top, I thought this a cool video. There are a total of five videos in the series for those who would like to learn more.

Last edited:
   / Generic 3rd function schematic #10  
To be clear, I should not worry about the different pattern of fluid holes on the sub plate, just be concern that P, T, A and B fit my application?

Thanks for your help, BTW, I appreciate it!

You should worry about the hole pattern in the subplate.

The valve and the subplate have to match.