GEHL Rotary Rake

/ GEHL Rotary Rake #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I just got a Gehl rotary rake, Model 260 for a song. I see that gehl doesn't list that rake on their website. Where can I get tines and a side shield replacement for the rake and is the Kuhn rake parts interchangeable?

/ GEHL Rotary Rake #2  
It could be a Kuhn or a Vicon/Greenland/Kverneland. Both of these MFG's did some MFG for Gehl. Show us a picture of it and maybe someone can identify it. My guess is it's a Kuhn but I'll wait for the picture.

/ GEHL Rotary Rake
CCI:

I am guessing it's a Kuhn. I'll warm up the digital this weekend. The manual came with it at the date of publication is 1988.

I am hoping that I can replace the side stop with a sheet of plexiglass as the tines are gone and the previous owner has a sheet of rubber belting attached. I have seen the Kuhn rake with a plexiglass sheet in Indiania last year.

I think you know I have a NH as well as a JD side delivery rakes. I just found the rotary intriguing and I'd like to get away from the roped hay windrow. One of the farmers down the road has a wheel rake that I tried, but I don't like the windrow result. I feel that a "loose" windrow, especially on first cut and fourth cut when drydown can be a problem because of ambient moisture and drying duration of the spring and fall sun would lend itself to the less tight windrow the rotary will produce. I have very little money in this rake and other than the side stop missing, it's in good shape. A rotary is not the norm for me as I am a side delivery farmer. Just wanting to try something different and maybe better.

/ GEHL Rotary Rake #4  
Find a used Vermeer R-23 rake and you never find a better one. Vermeer also makes the JD rake too. These rakes will last a lifetime and you can set them to make a fluffy windrow.
rakes_12.jpg

/ GEHL Rotary Rake
CCI:

I get the picture this weekend. I don't need any more rakes, I have 3 now. The Gehl, the New Holland and the JD. What I really need is some teenage kids who like to work. That's more rare than a four leaf clover.