Sickle Bar Gehl 4500 Skid Steer Sickle Mower Attachment

/ Gehl 4500 Skid Steer Sickle Mower Attachment #1  

r8f1k

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmall 100, Allis Chalmers D14, International Super MTA, IH 560, Mahindra 4510, Gehl 4500, Clark CY45, JD 800, JD 60
I have an early 80's Gehl 4500 skid steer, 4 cylinder Ford gasoline. I would like to add a Sabre Samurai Sickle mower attachment to the front bucket.

SABRE SAMURAI CUTTER | Cutthat.com - Home Of Sabre Samurai & Sabre Divider

I have no remotes on the skid steer and I have no idea where to start in adding them. I have some hydraulic experience, but not enough to know exactly what to do here. I assume that I will need to find pressure and return somewhere in the skid steer. I will need a spool valve, but no idea what kind. I will need hoses, connectors, etc. Has anyone done anything like this? Any photos, diagrams, info would be great!!

/ Gehl 4500 Skid Steer Sickle Mower Attachment #2  
Gehl had a an option for a third function on this model. We had one in the early 80痴 with a grapple. I do not recall how it was plumbed but 99% sure it was in the power beyond from the loader valve.

Ours did not have a separate pump for running auxiliary Implement like the newer machines do.

/ Gehl 4500 Skid Steer Sickle Mower Attachment
I know that you could plumb the early Gehl's with power beyond, but where do you tap into it?