GC2410 vs GC2610 HP vs RPM.

/ GC2410 vs GC2610 HP vs RPM. #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
As far as I can tell the 2400 and 2600 are identical engines, pumps etc right? The only difference is the tachometer gauge and possibly the fuel pump is tweaked on the 2600 series.
Why cant I always run my 2410 with RPM pegged so I can get a little more horsepower?

/ GC2410 vs GC2610 HP vs RPM. #2  
Most tractors are designed to be run at PTO speed which is generally between 2400-2600 RPM. Running the engine at 3000 or wide open can be harmful to the engine. The 3 HP difference between the two models is not noticeable. I doubt you would want to run your car or truck at the RPM redline for very long.

/ GC2410 vs GC2610 HP vs RPM. #3  
Tractors run at different rpm ranges because they are designed for that. Kubota BX runs at 3200 rpmwhile a gc1705 runs at 2600 and a gc1715 runs at 3000. Over the years there has been many threads that discuss how "same" or how "different" the Iseki 3 cylinder Diesel engine is.

Many have said 22.5 and 25 HP won't show a difference. Well I did some real world testing a few years ago on my gc1715 running it at 2600 rpm and lifting a given weight on the fel. Then I did the identical process at 3000 rpm. There was definitely a difference in weight I could lift.

But my point is that while it may appear the engine is "exactly the same" as many have said, tweaking is not just rpm change. Each engine has to pass the same safety and output time test issues. One is designed to handle full load output at 3000 while the other produces a smaller output at a lower rpm for the same test durations by engineers.

The 22.5 HP unit is a fine engine as is the 25 HP engine. . . It's more than just rpm.

/ GC2410 vs GC2610 HP vs RPM.
Yeah I read them....but are these engines and transmissions different in gearing or tolerance? What I'm getting at is I wan to run my rpms to the max on my 2410...will I get more HP or RPM or both out of the rear 540 PTO for my 60 inch snowblower. Will it harm my engine given its about the range the 2610 runs at normally? I also talked about turning up the fuel pump so it runs the same as the 2610 normally does but....are there any differences in gearing etc...? Same engine, pump, transmission therefore I should reliably and safely get the same specs from my 2410 as the 2610.

So lets get serious on this subject, these machines are identical in specs except HP and RPM and RPM equals HP. Massey claims because the 2410 runs lower RPM less engine wear. I haven't heard if 2610 engine wear issues yet. Unless anyone has information on actual dff specs hardware wise I may try it. Like...is it a bigger fuel pump, does the hydraulic system have higher flow, are the pistons bigger or injecters? Is the material used on the 2610 a better quality? I dont see any evidence there is. As far as I can tell....same identical except on is set to higher RPMs to get the extra HP and flow. I could be wrong but the majority of diesels operate at higher RPM than the GC2410....its been dumbed up.

/ GC2410 vs GC2610 HP vs RPM. #7  
The machines are not identical, there are differences to make more HP. Read the thread I linked above again. More RPM does not always mean more HP, check the linked images of the dyno charts.

Ok, this does not address the 2400 or 2600. I have made my choice, I can rev my engine higher and squeeze more at.the expense of fuel. Going to increase fuel flow and try it like that for a little while.

/ GC2410 vs GC2610 HP vs RPM. #9  
For what it's worth, I run my New Holland at WOT when I'm bush hogging. 540 is at about 2500rpm, wot is closer to 3k. The manufacturer would probably frown upon it, and I'm not recommending that anyone follow my lead, but it works for me.

For what it's worth, I run my New Holland at WOT when I'm bush hogging. 540 is at about 2500rpm, wot is closer to 3k. The manufacturer would probably frown upon it, and I'm not recommending that anyone follow my lead, but it works for me.

Thats what Im doing-same iseki engine (2610) and one runs higher rpm all the time and the other lower (2410). I now the transmission might be different gearing but Im not concerned so much with HP as I am with rpm on the blower auger.