GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive.

/ GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive. #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Today I was backing my 60 inch woodmaxx snowblower to the 6 inch mailbox post and in my warped mind I thought I could get a little closer, then just a bit more, a little more-BAM, auger takes hold of the metal post and literally slaps my tractor back and forth, side to side until I had the smarts to go forward. All happened in like 15 seconds- Woodmaxx is so well built and the GC2410 3 point-no damage except a little paint scrape on the auger and pole.
Moral of the story is-dont let me use your tractor LOL. No-just play it safe.....no need to be a hero and your dont have to get all the snow it will melt eventually.

Last edited:
   / GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive. #2  
That worked out good. Glad nothing was damaged.
It is something you have to think about. I have spent all day moving dirt with FEL. It is that split-second bad decision that can make things go bad fast.

/ GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive. #3  
Yes. More undesirable events happen to me when I’m backing up than going forward. In spite of the inconveniece I’d be safer and better off if I disabled the reverse gear in all my vehicles.

/ GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive.
Yes. More undesirable events happen to me when I知 backing up than going forward. In spite of the inconveniece I壇 be safer and better off if I disabled the reverse gear in all my vehicles.

Come to think of it these events always happen when I am backing up-earlier this winter I wrecked one corner of my 10x10 kennel while backing up.

/ GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive. #5  
...And a front-mount blower, though more convenient IMHO, is not immune to "bumping" things either.... BTDT!

/ GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive. #6  
cdaigle430,

Good to hear your mishap did no damage, I had to start using snow pole markers years ago because I keep snow blowing a little wider with each snow storm.

Now my snow blower sucks in a few snow markers each year.

B.T.W. isn't that 60 inch woodmaxx snowblower just a little bit over kill for shredding your mail... Ha

She is a big blower and I would say it is overkill but not because of the tractor size. I use it to clear snow in tight spots and its hard to keep track of the loader and blower especially the blower since it extends out further than the tractor. I forget sometimes and hit things...the tractor handles it well though. The first year I had it I thought the tractor was bogging down alot but I was going by feel. I had to disconnect the tac because it was freezing so I had no idea what the RPMs where. I replaced the tac gear set and I can see now that she rarely goes below the 540 mark on the gauge. Since adding rear tire chains its almost unstoppable.

OK can add a ceder fence panel to my damaged list :( And I was actually watching it.....still dont know how that happened.

/ GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive. #9  
OK can add a ceder fence panel to my damaged list :( And I was actually watching it.....still dont know how that happened.

Hey I know about modifying fencing, the wife's flowers and planting areas have 2x4 welded wire fence surrounding them that I have stretched just a little bit with the tractor both in winter and summer.

But not as bad as the 300lb +- black bear last fall that I hazed with the 12 gauge (rubber balls), he hit one of the fences at full speed and stretched the fence inward about 18".

He back up quickly and went around the fence heading northeast for the winter.

/ GC2410 is tougher dan me....I am self destructive. #10  
Today I was backing my 60 inch woodmaxx snowblower to the 6 inch mailbox post and in my warped mind I thought I could get a little closer, then just a bit more, a little more-BAM, auger takes hold of the metal post and literally slaps my tractor back and forth, side to side until I had the smarts to go forward. All happened in like 15 seconds- Woodmaxx is so well built and the GC2410 3 point-no damage except a little paint scrape on the auger and pole.
Moral of the story is-dont let me use your tractor LOL. No-just play it safe.....no need to be a hero and your dont have to get all the snow it will melt eventually.

You sound just like my neighbor. In the first week he owned his 1734E he snapped off both ROPS mounted lights, tweaked the loader, and popped the LF tire off the rim. Then the next week he got it stuck sideways plowing snow behind his house. After I got him out I told him he'd better park it and go in and rest, he forgot to lower the ROPS and ran into his garage door bending the lower panel. The following summer he got it stuck again at his camp about 10 miles away. He got a neighbor with a bigger tractor who lifted the front end with a chain around the brush guard and bent that all up. I fixed it each time for him. I should have taken pics but didn't want to embarrass him too much. He had a GC1710 prior to the 1734E and ripped the lights off that one too. When he traded it in on the 1734E the hood and fenders were all dinged up. He's not much better with his car either.