GC2300 Tilling

/ GC2300 Tilling #1  

loulblades

Gold Member
Tractor
MF GC2300/GC1725
Last year I rented a King Kutter 60" tiller. It was new and the shaft hadn't been shortened yet and I had a heck of a time unloading the beast. So by the time I got it all figured out, I had to return it. I came away with the conclusion that the 60" was too big for the 2300 although my dealer said this is the setup many of his landscape cutomers were using.

Well this weekend I visited my brother and there sitting in his garage was a King Kutter 60" tiller. I asked him if I could borrow it because my neighbor and I are redoing parts of our yard. I was a little concerned due to my previous experience but figured, why not. I had to shorten the shaft about an inch to get it hooked up.

And then did I do some tillin. What a machine. I tilled most of the day Saturday and part of Sunday. I could not believe the results. Having the 60" is nice because you don't have to get your tires in the previous pass and with the weight of that monster, it digs right in. I did stall the tractor more than once due to the large roots I was digging up (our properties are part of an old nursery) but once I got the hang of knowing when to lift the tiller, things went well. By the end of the day I was kinda sore from turning to watch the tiller and getting a jolt when hitting the roots (but it was a "good" hurt). When I was finished, the dirt looked like it had been through a sifter.

One thing I did learn to dislike about our tractors is the location of the 3pt control. In this type of operation, the speed and height needs to be highly regulated and I was always hitting my leg.

So if anyone is considering a tiller to attach to the 2300/10, and I know others in the past have said that 60" is too big, I would highly recommend the King Kutter 60" unit. The amount of damage you can do is unbelievable.

Wish all work would be this much fun.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif