GC2300 Maintenance

/ GC2300 Maintenance #1  

loulblades

Gold Member
Tractor
MF GC2300/GC1725
So I did the 50 hour maint. on my 2300 (change engine oil and filter, change hyd. oil and filter, grease, tighten the loose stuff) and am now more intimately familiar with this piece of equipment.

I see what people are talking about when they mention the hyd. filter being in a potentially bad spot. I found several dings on mine. I may go to the local 4wd shop and see if I can get a skid plate of some kind to go on there.

I am not a fan of horizontally mounted filters in the first place and I find both oil filters mounted horizontal. Makes more of a mess when removing, especially the engine filter.

They didn't leave a lot of room to get the engine filter off and it doesn't appear to use a standard size. I have 3 size filter wrenches (of the wrap type) and none would fit exactly. Used a pipe wrench to get it off.

The tractor is still sitting where I worked on it because I misread the manual for hyd. oil capacity (thought it said 2.9 qts instead of 2.9 gal....duh). So have to visit dealer today to get more hyd. juice.

One other thing. I am still trying to figure out a way to route the exhaust so it points down instead of at the FEL. There is not much room to work there and simply putting an elbow on it gets in the way of the hood. Could put on a removable piece I guess. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also what is that little fan for below the engine cooling fan. I hadn't noticed it before, and may have overlooked it in the manual, but would guess it is for the hyd. fluid.

Will be mowing grass tonite if there is no rain.