GC1725MB Purchase Question

/ GC1725MB Purchase Question #11  
MSRP - $21,776 + $816 Prep fee - $22,594

I bought a GC1710 for a little less than MSRP back in Dec 2015. It was about $17,000.

I shopped a couple of dealers and did find a little play in the price, but not much. The dealers only "get" a certain number of tractors each season, and when those are sold it's sort of "game over" till next season. So although they are willing to deal a little, they need to make some $$ to justify their overhead and costs of doing business. They can't give you a blow out price and easily replace the tractor that is no longer on their lot.

I've been very happy with my GC1710. So much that I bought a MF 1758 for a different property. I trailer the 1710 to the property where the 1758 is because 1) it has a backhoe, and 2) it is more nimble for certain jobs.

Good luck with your purchase!

/ GC1725MB Purchase Question
I bought a GC1710 for a little less than MSRP back in Dec 2015. It was about $17,000.

I shopped a couple of dealers and did find a little play in the price, but not much. The dealers only "get" a certain number of tractors each season, and when those are sold it's sort of "game over" till next season. So although they are willing to deal a little, they need to make some $$ to justify their overhead and costs of doing business. They can't give you a blow out price and easily replace the tractor that is no longer on their lot.

I've been very happy with my GC1710. So much that I bought a MF 1758 for a different property. I trailer the 1710 to the property where the 1758 is because 1) it has a backhoe, and 2) it is more nimble for certain jobs.

Good luck with your purchase!
Thanks

I am going to get in touch with the dealer tomorrow and see if I can't get the price down a little more.

Thanks for all the input.

/ GC1725MB Purchase Question #15  
I am going to get in touch with the dealer tomorrow and see if I can't get the price down a little more.

Thanks for all the input.

I was quoted 2 prices. One with Massey 0% and the other without their financing. The 0% was about 4k higher. I said no thanks.

/ GC1725MB Purchase Question #16  
My info is dated but in April of 2015 I bought a GC1710TLB with a 54" mower for $18200. I could have had the same with a GC1720 for $19800. My dealer was honest that using their 3.9% gave me a better Frontline price that the AGCO 0% financing. He even showed me the numbers both ways. Part of the issue is a mandatory markup to put it as 0% as I understood it. Walking in the door with financing from elsewhere that means they get a certified check for the total from elsewhere should yield best price.

/ GC1725MB Purchase Question #17  
I went with a new 1723e with fel and bh. Cash price of $14,900 brand new here in Virginia a few months ago. Currently at 40 hours with no regrets

I went with a new 1723e with fel and bh. Cash price of $14,900 brand new here in Virginia a few months ago. Currently at 40 hours with no regrets

Manganos - If you wouldn't mind giving me the name of the dealer. If I can get a price close to that it would be worth it to me to have the tractor shipped.

Thanks for all the info from everybody here. I found a semi local dealer that was able to offer a much better price. I *hopefully* will be finalizing everything with them tomorrow. Looking forward to my new tractor